imported_VIPER
RCC Master Contributor

I am: Jun
Radio of choice:
Fly Sky GT3B and TH9X
# of RCs: 22

Total Props: 0
We have been shut down!!!

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Please show your support...
It is most unfortunate that we must obey Richmond Hill’s regulation for now. I have only had 1 complaint since I have started running at the BRICK. Time and time again I have told our group that we must not meet or play at the BRICK other than our regular Monday and Wednesday night bashes.

I know there are some people in the group that do come by to rip around out of our scheduled nights and hence that may have pushed that one complainant to get more signatures to petition the city to shut us down. I will not point or mention names as that really is not necessary. I will suggest to each and everyone that reads this post that you follow your organizers rules to avoid shut downs like this.

After everyone left, I had a heart to heart talk with those people that delivered the news to us. They seemed really sorry that they were the ones to tell us to stop our operation. Metrus Properties I believe are not the owners but is the fee management company that looks after the location. If I am mistaken, then, I am sorry. The property owners would not care as to what our group does just so much that they would not care if the truckers used the lot for training or parking trailers or transporters all year round street hockey players at 2AM, wannabe drift drivers and so on. Why you ask? Because it brings people to their location of business, hence we never heard from the BRICK or WINNERS and other store owners of the plaza. Traffic is important to them regardless of cause excluding of course damage or crime to the store on location. Metrus Property does know what happens there, they have to as they have to do their rounds to maintain the property. I know, I work for a fee management company. The lady was quite surprised when I mentioned to her that there was only one woman that complained since I/we have been there.

I fully understand that the noise we generate is sometimes un-tolerable, but is it really? If the immediate tenants of the property does not complain to us and we have been there for almost three years, and we are immediately in front of their business, then it must only mean one thing, and that is the traffic we bring into their stores whether it be our wives and children or the local and or visiting residents to see us play and entertain their kids while the rest of theirs and our family shop at their store.

The complainant is a mother of a child who supposedly races off road on a motorcycle as she had claimed to me last year. Come to think of it, it is exactly a year that she came up to me. Needless to say, I am surprised that she can tolerate the noise of her child’s motorcycle up close when racing but not ours which is practically over a kilometer away from our location to her dwelling. Does that make sense? I was also surprised by this lady who wanted me to come to her house the first time she came up to me so I can listen to the noise level from her view point. I obviously did not go there. But I did tell her that if it would make her happy that I would cut down our hours to shut our engines off at 9PM instead of 10PM which we did.

By the way, as I and the city worker were about to part, two mothers came up to me with their kids in tow holding their toy R/C model wanting to play with us. I said to them that I was sorry for not being able to accommodate them as the city had just shut us down. These two ladies with their children will be supporting us to keep us playing there by voicing out their support for us. How can you help? Forward this post to the city of Richmond Hill attention to the mayor’s office.

Tell them that when you or the whole family that come to play or if you are a passerby watching us, and even the local resident of the area that bring their children to be entertained or brought into the hobby by responsible adults so that they can learn a trade from wrenching an engine to become mechanic or what ever they may want to be in life, that the city benefits because you bring traffic to their community, that in one way or another form you are there to spend your money when you get hungry, run out of gas, shop a their stores while a relative watches or plays, drink coffee at the local shop after the meets, clean up the BRICKS parking lot before and after play, and last but not the least support the hobby shops from Bowmanville, Ajax, Pickering, New Market, Richmond Hill, Vaughn, North York, Toronto, Mississauga, Brampton, Oakville, Niagara Falls, at the same time.

Tell the city that except for this one lady who complained, whose child she claimed rides a motorcycle for fun, and whose father is not in the least bothered to come out and complain about the noise we make could make us shut down and stop the local businesses from benefiting from what we love to do. Teach family ties, a trade, entertain, and support the various communities we come from. Where is the justice?
http://globalservices.globalhobby.com/globalforum/viewtopic.php?p=15362#15362[/url]
imported_VIPER is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 04-26-2007, 02:03 PM   #2
revo
RCC Contributor

this sucks what are we going to do?what about the hobby home bashers anniversary? why do people have to start just because of some noise we are only out two night for a few hours!!!

Revo
Pimped out Savage OS 30vg
Micro T

Caution Big Boy Playing With Big Toys Up Ahead
revo is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-26-2007, 02:23 PM   #3
revo
RCC Contributor

also its ridiculous that she can't stand the noise and her son rides a motorcycle!!! i ref soccer at the red maple school on mondays and can barely hear anything i think if she is in the house she wouldn't be able to and the noise isn't that annoying from that far away.

i've been in this hobby for 1 year and have learned so much, i can now change a motor and many of the parts are very simular. its crazy how she gets so annoyed by the sound.there are so many people that stop by to see the cars and learn something. my mom's friend lives near the brick and she brought her son over to see the cars and he loves them!!!

Revo
Pimped out Savage OS 30vg
Micro T

Caution Big Boy Playing With Big Toys Up Ahead
revo is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 04-26-2007, 03:06 PM   #4
MONKEY
RCC Senior Contributor

Seen her before.....

I have seen that lady from Metrus previously on at least one other occasion during one of our bash nights, on the parking lot next to "ours". Last night I noticed her (in the same car) and the gentleman from the City of Richmond Hill (in the truck) arrive at around 6:45. They also parked on two or three different spots in the same parking lot before they approached us. What were they doing? Observing ? Measuring noise levels? Waiting for complaints? Formulating a strategy?

Then they approach in three vehicles ( I'm not sure who was in the third one, the van) right in front of the ramp. I knew there was trouble. Where was a camera when we needed one?

The main things I kept hearing were trespassing, changing the Zoning, and people (not us apparently) paying taxes in the City of Richmond Hill, etc. etc.... Trespassing? If we were, so was everyone else who was there. I wonder if we would've been shut down if all this time we were running electric? Hmmmmm...

This is a big blow to us. It will take a lot of effort and some luck to get it fixed, if it can be. So show your support....
MONKEY is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-26-2007, 04:18 PM   #5
blkm3
RCC Apprentice

I don't think we are trespassing. Trespassing means we are not allowed to be there. This is a parking lot to the public, we do not need an OK from anyone to be there. We are allowed to park our vehicules there if we want to. I do not see a sign telling us that we are prohibited to do certain things. As you all may know they came to us at 7:05 pm which in the by-law states that the noise level must be kept down. I do understand that and I think we should obey that. But anytime before 7pm we should be able to make all the noise we want. Hwy 7 and Hwy 407 are right there and they produce lots of noise 24hrs a day. We are only there a few hrs for two days a week. I dont think they are allowed to throw us out of a PRIVATE property. They are only allowed to enforce the by-law of noise.
blkm3 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-26-2007, 04:59 PM   #6
imported_VIPER
RCC Master Contributor

I am: Jun
Radio of choice:
Fly Sky GT3B and TH9X
# of RCs: 22

Monkey,
The woman I was speaking to was Saveria Bullen an Enforcement Officer from the City of Richmond Hill ordered by the mayors office as I understand it. I still believe that Metrus is a fee management company not the owner and had always known us to be there. I say that because "2 Stick Tom" has spoken to the cleaning personnell who agreed to supply the garbage bag if we supplied the garbage can. They were definitely measuring the sound levels from different locations of the plaza and ofcourse we can all agree that the noise level behind the BRICK is much less and even more the farther you go.

In any case please quote my original post and your say (positively) to the mayor's office of the the City of Richmond Hill.

This is the only other way I know to get their attention. It would obviously be more amazing if we could get more local residents to support us.

Ven,
If you happen to read this, now is the time to call that lady friend of yours that supports this hobby of ours.
http://globalservices.globalhobby.com/globalforum/viewtopic.php?p=15362#15362[/url]
imported_VIPER is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-27-2007, 04:22 PM   #7
Wizzle
RCC Expert Contributor

I am: Chris M
Radio of choice:
futaba 3pks
# of RCs: 34

i wasnt there this week to witness this but maybe the mayor should come and see our event to see how many people come out,how many people bring their kids to watch and most importantly-look at the models we run and see how much positive thought and creativity goes into them.
is this really a result of some lady whining to the city? her.
i think the township needs to see they will loose alot more by taking away our right to leisure.there are alot more people in this hobby than they think and they need to see this.alot of money(TAXES/TAXES/TAXES)is generated by this hobby.
this hobby brings so much positive to those involved.politicians keep taking things like this away and then wonder why kids are out doing drugs and comitting crimes-THEY HAVE NOTHING ELSE TO DO BECAUSE EVERYTHING LEGALLY FUN IS BIENG TAKEN AWAY.
this is your chance to really do something for the hobby so if you cant annoy them with your r/c cars,annoy them with constant flooding of phone calls and emails.
heres the towns contact info so support the group and pound them with calls/emails over and over again until we are heard.im tired of being told not to run my cars no matter where i go.they need to understand were not out to annoy people,its just that we really have nowhere else to run.
http://www.town.richmond-hill.on.ca/...ubsectionid=59
Wizzle is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-29-2007, 02:20 PM   #8
blkm3
RCC Apprentice

So what is the word. are we still going to have a meet on mondays and wed or is this done ?
blkm3 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-29-2007, 02:44 PM   #9
imported_MT2_18SS

I'm not a member of your little group but I do support your wholeheartedly. If as you are saying this person lives over 1KM away from the Brick then she must have the most sensitive hearing ever seeing as I can be in my house and my dad will be just down the street bashing his savvy and even with the windows open it's a little tiny buzz like a far off lawnmower. She's just being a whiny b*tch really. if the brick is public property(parking lot) and she is the only one to complain she's lucky any bylaw officer actually came as 1 person complaints don't do jack all around here. I hope that the community around the area (the parents and such that bring their kids to watch and see what a great hobby we have) support you as well as I'm sure they do if they are showing their kids that there is more to RC's than crappy radio shack X-mods

Alex

ps keep up the good fight for RC!
imported_MT2_18SS is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-29-2007, 05:30 PM   #10
imported_robm
RCC Apprentice

I'll be at the Brick at 6 to see who shows. I plan on going over to the Go lot at 6:59.59999999999999

Rob
imported_robm is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in