safety while grass cutting - Page 3 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Aircraft Discussion Discuss anything RC related

Closed Thread

Old 07-13-2004, 11:28 AM   #21
Sparhawk
RCC Contributor

I am: Dan J.
Radio of choice:
14MZ
# of RCs: 10

Total Props: 0

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
One thing that is certain "Common Sense" - there is nothing common about it. Our policy at our field is also, no flying during cutting...period! I find it very hard to believe that anyone's field is that busy that time cannot be found to mow, where few pilots are around so that cessation of flying would not cause a problem.

Airframe - I reread your opening post and while you post valid questions, I have only one comeback. Why would any club, no matter how big or small, not go to any length to make the sport and the enjoyment of flying, whether it be for the pilots or bystanders, as safe as it can possibly be?

I think it is the club's responsibility to do the most they can to be safe, IMHO, anything less is not practicing due diligence.

Dan Thibault
MAAC 68159
ASRCM, NS
MAAC #68159
Sparhawk is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 07-13-2004, 01:37 PM   #22
airframe

It ain't no biggy. Flying is on the active runway - Grass cutting goes is on the crosswind runway. Landings are called and Takeoffs are called.

If the guy mowing the grass doesn't like it than flying doesn't happen.

Works fine.

Mike Sebastien
airframe is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-13-2004, 02:24 PM   #23
IAN GUNN
RCC Senior Contributor

I am: Ian G

Total Props: 1
safety in mowing grass

Airframe,just got word from our zone director and NO FLYING IS PERMITTED while mowing of the flight line is going on.This is both a safety and insurance issue.
Ian Gunn
MAAC 25307
IAN GUNN is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 07-13-2004, 03:21 PM   #24
airframe

Okay. funny though I can't find that mentioned in MAAC's safety code.

Mike Sebastien
Old 07-13-2004, 04:07 PM   #25
craigk
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Craig K
Radio of choice:
Spectrum NX10
# of RCs: ?

Total Props: 10
Safety Code

Mike, you're joking, right?
MAAC #9467L IMAC 3706
craigk is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-13-2004, 04:29 PM   #26
IAN GUNN
RCC Senior Contributor

safety cutting the grass.

Mike,as I said.i heard frm our zone director.if you have any questions on what he relayed to me,I suggest that you contact him.
Ian Gunn
MAAC 25307
Old 07-13-2004, 04:34 PM   #27
airframe

Nope.

MAAC or a represantive of MAAC cannot say to a MAAC member or a club that something is not permitted. MAAC is not our contolling body it is our Association. The goverment is our controlling body through Frequency regulations and we choose to obey the Safety code of MAAC because we are responsible members of MAAC.

I seriously doubt that the Atlantic Zone director would say that this isn't permitted. He would probably say something like "That's a really dumb idea what is Mike thinking about"

Would there be insurance coverage? I don't know but because it doesn't violate the MAAC safety code I suspect their would be. I wouldn't want to take that to court though.

Clubs should make the rules for this issue. They are the occupants or owners of their field and they have to do what they feel is best to protect their field and the membership.

Mike Sebastien
Old 07-13-2004, 05:04 PM   #28
50%300SFlyer
RCC Pro Contributor

I am: Mike Clemmens

Its in the MAAC Safety Code guys....

M] Non-flying activities shall be segregated from area where flying is in process by a minimum of 100 feet. This includes the spectator area and parking areas as well as supervised play areas.

This seems pretty clear to me.... Cutting the grass is a "non-flying activity". Someones cutting the grass.... DONT FLY

Sure no one can actually stop you.... But if there was an accident, you can bet your A$$ you wont have any MAAC coverage.
Old 07-13-2004, 05:45 PM   #29
IAN GUNN
RCC Senior Contributor

safety mowing the grass

Airframe.I think you had better have a loooooog talk with the zone director and maybe even our president about what's what.MAAC most certainly the controling body for model aviation and is so recognized.Don't believe me? Contact the two individuals I mentioned.
Ian Gunn
MAAC 25307
Old 07-13-2004, 06:22 PM   #30
airframe

Ian: Nope you can do it for me, you care more about this issue than I do.

Mike Clemmens: So what you're saying is if we violate the "MAAC Field Guidelines" of the "MAAC Safety Code" our insurance coverage is void?

Mike Sebastien
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in