Combat Discuss Aerial Combat.

Closed Thread

Old 07-28-2004, 05:02 PM   #1
beto9
RCC Apprentice

I am: Albert P.

Total Props: 0
An invitation.

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
We have a Funfly in August 21st., Aug. 22nd. if the weather is bad.
We all would like to have a demo of free or scale combat since some of our members seem to need the extra adrenaline.
We are the only RC Flying Club in the Island of Montreal. A nice and friendly bunch of people.
Raffles, probably a swap meet, hamburgers and hot dogs free.
If you would like to provide a combat demo with some of your friends you will be welcome. And maybe you will compete in later years at our field.
And who can refuse an opportunity to visit Montreal...

Mail me at beto9@videotron.ca or answer here, driving directions are easy....

Thanks to all

Albert

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 07-28-2004, 10:53 PM   #2
Bent
RCC Contributor

beto9
It's nice to hear there are flyers in Montreal interested in combat. Our club in Toronto currently has about a dozen combat pilots. Most try to make the Wed night combat scrambles and 6 compete in the scale contests around Southern Ontario. I've been involved in a few demos around here and they're always lots of fun. I personally can't make it to your funfly but I hope you can get combat started at your club. It would be fantastic if the scale contest circuit extended from London to Montreal.
Old 07-29-2004, 06:22 PM   #3
beto9
RCC Apprentice

I am: Albert P.

How are we going to get interested in combat if we don't get to see one demo and start the juices going?

We need somebody to say "See, that's the way to total a plane!"

Albert

Old 07-30-2004, 06:42 AM   #4
Bob Byrnes
RCC Expert Contributor

I am: Robert B

Total Props: 1
It's a shame Albert, but, your event falls on the same day that one of our contests occurs here locally. The group here is only too willing to provide demo's and perhaps a little more advance notice would have permitted some of us to make the trip. I am speaking a little out of turn since I am new to the game also but, the guys did a demo at my club field last year and it was very well received and appreciated. There are 4-5 core events over the summer and the 22nd is one of those. Maybe we can work it out for next year?????
Bob Byrnes is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-30-2004, 01:00 PM   #5
Sideslip

Quote:
Originally Posted by beto9
How are we going to get interested in combat if we don't get to see one demo and start the juices going?

We need somebody to say "See, that's the way to total a plane!"

Albert
Hi Beto,

I'm afraid it is unlikely we'd be able to give you a demo this year... at least on the date you mention. There is a 1/12 scale combat event happening on the 22nd in Otterville, and most of the guys who do the demos will be in attendance.

Don't give up trying though. If we get enough advanced notice, you'd be surprised how far afield the demo group is willing to go to promote the SIG.
Sideslip is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in