On Road RC For nitro & electric on road rc racing

Closed Thread

Old 12-02-2004, 07:40 AM   #1
spond
Alumni Mod

I am: Scott P

Total Props: 0
OFFICIAL... XRAY M18 thread

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Since I just got one of these with buddy PB, and I have no idea about road cars...or mini's for that matter... I'll use this thread to post up my questions and you guys can help me out.. and I'll help you out if I can

Question one..

WHERE DO I PUT MY PICCO 26??? 8O 8O
Man this thing is small... and man is it nice...

Thanks in advance
TTR S3 - Rossi M21 (on side lines all summer)
TTR ST-1 with LSK OMG..
Savage Racer -
spond is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 12-02-2004, 03:45 PM   #2
imported_PB

Yup... Far more advanced than a Micro RS4 (I have both). Everything spins so freely on this car, and the fact of having independent rear suspension is really nice. Just waiting for those 300 sized motor mounts and were in business!!!

PB
imported_PB is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 12-06-2004, 05:05 PM   #3
spond
Alumni Mod

well, we've got speed 300 motors, mounts on the way.. and some custom braces... we'll be kickin some arese shortly... hahaha
TTR ST-1 with LSK OMG..
Savage Racer -
Old 12-08-2004, 11:16 AM   #4
Skagen
Super Moderator

★ Moderator ★

I am: John
Radio of choice:
Airtronics
# of RCs: 20

Total Props: 7
these micros are fun if you have a track. like at the hobbyshow, it was a blast, but i think that unless there is some really competitive racing around, that it would get boring real quickly.

oh ya, by the way I SCHOOLED YOU GUYS AT THE SHOW-NO EXCUSES

Old 12-08-2004, 04:24 PM   #5
imported_PB

Sure... but I'm still waiting for you to show up to a real race, where I know the transponders actually work, till then, I can't be sure you didn't cheat.

PB
Old 12-09-2004, 10:25 PM   #6
imported_PB

Oh what a laugh I just had... I finally got the speed 300 all wired up and connected my 7.2V pack from my mini-t. Just to make sure everything was working okay. So of course I apply a small amount of throttle and everything is fine. Reverse the steering do a few other things and then I think to myself, maybe I should see how fast this little motor spins. Well that when the laughing began... of course I never bothered to check if the tires were glued to the rims... and since I was laughing, you can assume they were not. Especially since it shot 3 of the 4 clear off the rims... heck, one almost went about 10 feet... sideways!!!

Anyway, a small word of advice, make sure that when you solder on your small capacitors, you ensure the common merge point is away from the center drive shaft. Since I didn't do this, I now have a nice mark on the shaft... oh, and glue your tires on first cause those little motors pack quite the punch.

PB

P.s. I'm still laughing... cause I keep picturing the tiny little things spooling up into cone shaped donuts and then blowing themselves off the side...
Old 12-09-2004, 11:45 PM   #7
helibri

how much are these cars/truck do they come rtr and what is the latest one to buy . thanks
helibri is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 12-10-2004, 07:56 AM   #8
imported_PB

Well as far as I know, in 1/18th scale you really only have three options for cars, the HPI Micro RS4, the Xray M18, the Buds SC18. The Buds was the first 1/18th car, but it's basic design is based on a pan chassis. They are a lot of fun if the track is perfectly smooth ~ and they will be the fastest around the track (if smooth.) Next up was the Micro RS4, it's a belt driven 4WD car. It's available as a RTR or in kit form. As for the M18, it's probably the most advanced (and it's only available in kit form), full 4 wheel independant suspension, super smooth drivetrain...

I've had both the MRS4 and the M18, personally for any type of track racing, the stock M18 is a much nicer design. But if your going to hop up either car, you can get the EXO2 chassis for the MRS4 which will make it handle better than a M18... depends on how much you want to spend.

PB
Old 12-10-2004, 08:07 AM   #9

Total Props: 57
who carries these in the GTA?...and parts
Guest is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 12-10-2004, 08:17 AM   #10
spond
Alumni Mod

As far as kits go, good question, i know that pinnical isn't selling the kits andymore, but would probably get them if wanted...but they have parts, some chasiss and drive train stuff, call ahead thou.. PB an I may use them all up...

I haven't called around to see, but possibly advance, or Hobby Hobby..
TTR ST-1 with LSK OMG..
Savage Racer -
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in