New - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Offroad RC Discussion RC Offroad chat for truggies, buggies, short-course and more. Topics may include brands like Associated, Kyosho, Tamiya, Axial, Traxxas and more.

Closed Thread

Old 11-18-2005, 11:42 AM   #1
XSFalcon

Total Props: 0
Question New

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
I'm planning on getting another buggy (2wd), currently looking at these ones, Tamiya Desert Gator, Losi XXX BK2 & Duratrax Evader (either buggy or stadium).

Looking for a buggy that can dish out some decent speed & a little bit of bashing.

Which one would be the recommended on the scale of price & upgrades & ease of acquiring parts?
XSFalcon is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 11-18-2005, 11:49 AM   #2
imported_PB

Any of them will work... Which does your local hobby shop support in terms of parts? While the XXX BK2 is an excellent buggy (not sure I'd suggest it as a bashing vehicle), your LHS may not carry parts. So when you inevitably hit something, it will just take longer to get up and running again.

I'm pretty sure the Duratrax stuff comes with their stress-tech warranty... so that might make it a viable option.

PB
imported_PB is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-18-2005, 11:51 AM   #3
imported_xxfile
RCC Expert Contributor

I would go with the losi anyday.

but if you plan on bashing you might be better off with the xxxt.
the bigger wheels and clearance
imported_xxfile is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-18-2005, 12:01 PM   #4
imported_Nitro_mt
RCC Contributor

My 8year has a evader st man its pretty fast and tough parts easy to get and cheap....
Miss geico
imported_Nitro_mt is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in