RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Car & Truck discussion General Discussion about R/C topics

Closed Thread

Old 12-02-2007, 06:34 PM   #1
Mac
RCC Supreme Contributor

Total Props: 0
GLORCS in 2008?

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Well I got word that there will be a meeting this coming week to decide the future of GLORCS. It is no secret that they are strongly thinking of pulling the plug!

We have all read the other thread with opinions back and forth, good or bad, however I wanted to start this thread for anyone who would still like to see GLORCS go forward and to post comments in hopes the guys will not give up on the series. I for one was really looking forward to it!

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 12-02-2007, 06:47 PM   #2
imported_Pete787
RCC Apprentice

glorcs

I for one would like to see GLORCS continue. And don't see why they would pull the plug. I would like to run in both series as the points thing doesn't matter to me anyways. I probably wont run many GLORCS next year, but that is just because all the races are no where near my home(london). It is kinda tough for me to support GLORCS right now because they are not supporting any of my local tracks but who knows maybe 2009 will be different. I really hope that GLORCS isnt thinking of pulling out because they are afraid that there will be a new sheriff in town. I enjoyed the people and size of events that GLORCS brought together but I also enjoy where it all started Club racing. But if the meeting was already called I fear this post wont change anything.
imported_Pete787 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 12-02-2007, 06:50 PM   #3
Jay Cristiano
RCC Pro Contributor

I am: Jay C
Radio of choice:
KO Propo
# of RCs: 5

Lets keep it going!!!!

I am 100% for Glorcs. It has brought all the local nitro racers together for some great racing action. Who would want to stop such an accomplishment.

Jay
Jay Cristiano is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 12-02-2007, 06:50 PM   #4
tefflawn
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Ron Ally
Radio of choice:
Z103.5 & Flow 93.5 toronto
# of RCs: 5

Total Props: 2
Smile me to

i would love to see the series keep growing.glorcs has done a great thing for us canadian racers.it would be just wrong if they decide to pull out now.for one i love racing the series & it is some of the best racing around.plus our track is planning big things for our june 19-22 2008 race.bigger better lay out.with some major sponcerships next year.so the guys from glorcs keep up the great work u guys are doing.
Old 12-02-2007, 07:19 PM   #5
joeparent
~~BANNED PEOPLE~~

I am: Joeparent

I would hate too see it go ..I plan on running the series..not all the races but as many as the wife will let me..as stated in other places..the closest track for us racers in southern Ontario is 4 hours min to drive to the exception being the finals..I try to race as many as I can..not just because its a series but I really enjoy going to all the different tracks, it is challenging and makes all of us better drivers learning how to adapt to different tracks...As for the Other series..I think from what I've been hearing it will be nice too as I wouldn't have too drive over 45 mins to make the qualifying races , plus being club racing my kids can run electric cars and enjoy the DAY with me at the track.
I would like to thank all the guys that make GLORCS tick and the tracks that put on the races...sure hope it stays running..and if you don't want to run it see if some other crazy people want to run it..maybe we could even vote for the next crew , if the current ones want out..just my thoughts...
joeparent is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 12-02-2007, 07:57 PM   #6
Jeddddd
RCC Contributor

I am: Jeff G

As stated before ... I am in for at least 4 of the races
Jeddddd is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 12-02-2007, 08:02 PM   #7
Jay C.
RCC Expert Contributor

Well I think it is about time for me to place my 2 cents in this matter, I usually keep quiet on my thoughts when it comes topics involving GLORCS / RCH.

I was @ the first 2 meetings of GLORCS and helped in deciding the initial structure of he series, as well as the name of the series. To me, GLORCS is the illegitimate child, given up @ birth, meaning even though I want nothing to do with the running of the series, I still do not want to see harm come to it.

There were numerous people @ these initial meetings to start the series, many of you WILL NOT remember even hearing about them. The first was not even a meeting, it was a "lets hold a series"this happened in WOODBRIDGE, at the 1000 member party, and the second was in BARRIE. After those 2 meetings, Todd took the reins and championed the series to what it is. It is not a perfect series, it might have too many races, it could have harmed club racing, but should it be dropped just b/c another series is knocking on the door. NO, to give up b/c RC PRO is coming to town is dumb. Rejoice, learn and work together!!

I really enjoy traveling too these races, not b/c I am good, but it gives me a chance to see the fine members of this site, and BASH MAC into the tube as hard as I can, I have my eye on you MCLEAN.

In closing, I hope the guys do not give up on the series.

My 2 cents, which is currently worth $0.0198 US

J
Old 12-02-2007, 08:58 PM   #8
Dave Henry
Sprucewood Team Losi Racing - Team Captain

+1 bajillion to what mac,jay,teff,jacfrost and joe said

Glorcs has been the MAJOR reason offroad nitro racing has grown in the great lakes area!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think I have been racing longer than most anyone else (started in '86) in this area and have seen tracks come and go, for many reasons. I have been able to race at so many different tracks and make so many friends in this hobby. Myself and others HAD to travel to the U.S. to attend races for nitro offroad in the past, at least if you wanted to race with more than a dozen or so other nitro racers. That was how it was. Electric had a good following and I also enjoyed lots of racing up here around ontario with the odd trip to quebec or ohio. But if you wanted to race nitro you had to travel, alot! I used to have to fly/drive to races in Las Vegas, California, Maryland, Ohio, Oklahoma, Florida, etc, etc, etc.

At the end of 2002, after racing at my 3rd IFMAR 1/8 Worlds (Uruaguay)I retired from FULL FATORY RIDES with Kyosho, O.S., Pro Line, O'Donnel, MIP and many others. The reason, I had enough of all the travel. Each race took a full week from my schedule if I wanted to be competitive, and I was. I had a great time racing but it became too much.

I thought that was it, it had been fun but there where NO races anywhere closer than Ohio (CRCRC) that offerred the same level of competition or had a large following of racers. That is not a knock at any tracks or racers, it was just the state of racing up here at the time.

I attended and helped Mac grow his race each year, once a year, all the time hoping the nitro racing seen would mature. I raced a little touring car and really got into my rc planes with my spare time.

Then GLORCS and offroadrc.ca (plug,plug,plug) came along and helped get things organised. All of a sudden info about tracks (existing and new) became widely available. Honestly, before that very few racers (including myself) knew about all the options they had to go race.The tracks and racers are equally resposible for growing the sport but GLORCS was the "glue" that made it work.

GLORCS has helped grow the sport tenfold at least, many thanks to the GLORCS guys for all they have done. While there have been the expected growing pains along the way (always going to happen), without them there is no way the sport would have grown at the rate it has.

I hope the series continues as it will only continue to improve. Yes there will be changes as the series matures this is only natural. But we have a great thing going and we should keep at it!

I have had as much fun racing over the last few years as I used to have when I travelled to all the big U.S. races! I don't know if most of the racers know how lucky they are to have so much high quality racing available to them within only a few hours drive. Come on guys, lets keep GLORCS going and continue its growth.

As far as having rcpro races up here, I look forward to attending even more races, but don't forget the series that got us to this point....

GLORCS

p.s. jacfrost, mac takes himself out plenty, you don't need to help!!
oops, did i type that, oh well
Old 12-02-2007, 09:01 PM   #9
JordanAK
RCC Pro Contributor

The show MUST go on ! I was planning on doing the entire series in 08.
2010 & 2009 RC Pro Nitro Buggy Champion, Ont.
2010 Glorcs Buggy 3rd
2010 Glorcs Truggy 5th
www.rcsnowmobiles.com
JordanAK is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 12-02-2007, 09:22 PM   #10
Speed Metal
RCC Master Contributor

I am: Bill N.

Why fold GLORCS?????

I don't see why it should fold? There's no reason why both bodies can't co-exist peacefully. All this talk about being too small is poppycok! There are 5 million people in the GTA alone. We just have to work harder (and together!) to get more people into RC Racing.

If GLORCS really was in it for the racers you guys would stay, address the issues people have brought up, and make GLORCS the shining star it has potential to be. Not all people wanna club race and not all people wanna travel to follow the circuit. And some wanna have a scene were both types of racing are available and healthy... like me! It works in the USA in areas with less population density than the GTA.

So come one guys! Let's work together to grow this wonderful sport. United we stand, divided we fall and all will suffer.

regards

speed metal
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in