twin os 40'-4 /s won't run - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Engines Discuss engines

Closed Thread

Old 04-01-2007, 07:40 PM   #1
Hurri

Total Props: 0
twin os 40'-4 /s won't run

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Any body with some good ideas - I have an 84 " Dornier twin eng; bomber with 2 OS -40-4/s model is a 23G with fixed gear , circa 1935 .
Both engs run great on their own , but taxi out & the port [left] one always quits , lucky before I get off . Been told it is vibration /harmonics . There is very little room in the cowls for engs , have foam rubber around tanks . If I had lots of bread I'd have had electric in , but this was a cple of years ago I built it . Have read of putting the 2 cylinders at different angle , but the engs are upright & no other way for it to be scale .
Hurri is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 04-01-2007, 08:03 PM   #2
michel gravelle
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Michel G

Total Props: 12
Hi

Have you tryed switching engine from either side ? I read about this in RCU . I read a lot about twins now- adays . Check youre fuel lines very carefully . Make sure that youre props are ballanced , this includes the prop and the hub of the prop ( that means twice ) This might take care of the vibes . These are only thoughts

I always balance my prop , than I balance the hub of the prop , It really helps a lot

Mike
michel gravelle is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-02-2007, 12:35 PM   #3
Hurri

Total Props: 0
twins won't run together

Thanks Michel , Good points . Actually i took them out of the twin & been using them in a small biplane to run in some more , so have mixed which was where . Balance prop ok , but the hub is only 3/4 " diam , so a bit difficult . Thanks Hurri
Hurri is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 04-02-2007, 06:06 PM   #4
michel gravelle
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Michel G

Total Props: 12
Hi Hurri

Go to ....downonthedeck.com and check out the instuctional videos ,prop balanceing .

Close all the windows It works that well . make sure you turn off the cieling fan .

Have fun

Mike
michel gravelle is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in