Rebuild or new build push prop?? OS LA .15 and supertigre g2300 Mustang P51 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Aircraft Discussion Discuss anything RC related

Old 07-25-2013, 01:03 AM   #1
Roshaan
RCC Noob

I am: Roshaan B
Radio of choice:
?
# of RCs: 2

Total Props: 0
Rebuild or new build push prop?? OS LA .15 and supertigre g2300 Mustang P51

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Hi,

Im new to RC airplanes.
I found an old P51 mustang with a supertigre g2300 and partly-wrecked dog fighter (OS LA .15) with some parts for a good price so I bought it....

While my glow plug heater charged... I took the engines off to inspect them.
The OS LA .15 had minor scoring on the cylinder walls and the super tigre has very significant scoring. I do think they will both run but none start by hand.... I have to use the starting motor thing.

I got the OS LA .15 to run good except that it spray a lot of fuel from both carb and exhaust...Im assuming this is normal.

As I have never flown an RC plane or helicopter and neither have seen anyone fly one close up, I intend to fix the little .15 plane first to practice on and then use the G2300 P51.

TBH, the dogfighter seems to have been built by a kid...lots of glue with parts out of alignment and it's very roughly put together.

Im not sure if I should rebuild it or if I should just go with another frame.

Could you please recommend a 0.15 engine sized push prop kit or kit with large wings?

I would like to build something that could support FPV in the future and would prefer starting with the .15 engine unless its not powerful enough in which case I would go with the G2300 supertigre.

I was told it could go 200mph...I think realistically it would be more like 180-200km/hr which gets me hesitant to mess with it.

and...If I relocate the fuel tank and servo's to the rear end, would it help set up the weight distribution so that the plane could glide easier if the engine fails?

also...the P51 mustang with the G2300 seems much more front heavy than the OS LA .15 dogfighter. Is the G2300 too heavy for this frame?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	bikepics-2580619-800.jpg
Views:	501
Size:	51.2 KB
ID:	209506   Click image for larger version

Name:	bikepics-2580620-full.jpg
Views:	543
Size:	809.3 KB
ID:	209507   Click image for larger version

Name:	bikepics-2580621-full.jpg
Views:	286
Size:	773.0 KB
ID:	209508   Click image for larger version

Name:	bikepics-2580622-full.jpg
Views:	325
Size:	740.3 KB
ID:	209509  

Last edited by Roshaan; 07-25-2013 at 01:06 AM. Reason: more questions
Roshaan is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 07-25-2013, 09:31 AM   #2
BansheeBoy
RCC Master Contributor

I am: Jeff.S

Total Props: 10
Re: Rebuild or new build push prop?? OS LA .15 and supertigre g2300 Mustang P51

Welcome to the addiction. You may want to find a good trainer plane and an instructor. Those 2 planes you have are not for a novice. Not wanting to sound like a sh!thead but most of your questions will be answered as you progress with an instructor.
Old 07-25-2013, 06:46 PM   #3
NEW222
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Chancey C
Radio of choice:
Spektrum

Total Props: 14

Is the 'fighter' a scimitar airplane? If so, looks like it was in a couple of battles.
NEW222 is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 07-25-2013, 06:47 PM   #4
NEW222
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Chancey C
Radio of choice:
Spektrum

Total Props: 14

Oh yeah, those are not for a beginner. Look to try getting hold of a club or at the very least, try a Hobbyzone Super Cub.
NEW222 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-26-2013, 07:48 PM   #5
strikemaster
RCC Junior Contributor

I am: Darth
Radio of choice:
Spektrum
# of RCs: 12

Total Props: 4

Three really ggod clubs are in your vicinity -- Mississauga (northwest corner up by Winston Churchill and 401); Oakville/Milton (further west in Drumquin Park west of Trafalgar Road); and Humber Valley (top end of Kipling at Steeles).

All three are newbie-friendly and good places to safely learn how to build and fly RC planes.
strikemaster is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in