Please Help me on this question ! - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Aircraft Discussion Discuss anything RC related

Closed Thread

Old 04-24-2005, 09:20 AM   #1
Alexander

Total Props: 0
Please Help me on this question !

Dear friends,

I am living in The Netherlands and very willing to purchace a Futaba 14MZ Transmitter from the US do to a very high price tag here in Holland (€2700) that's $3510 dollars and in the US it costs me 2100 so why pay so much... right... then rather import it.

I heard that the tramsmitter freq. are locked to the country's freq.

My question is if i buy the tramsmitter from the US can i use it here in The Netherlands ???

Please help me on this one !
Alexander is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-24-2005, 09:23 AM   #2
Kevin McGrath
RCC Pro Contributor

I am: kevin w

Total Props: 1
Depends what frequencies are legal in the Netherlands.
If you do import from the US do Dutch taxes or duties apply?
The Planet is doing what it has always done.......floods,volcanic eruptions storms,
earthquakes.........but today there are more people in the way.
Kevin McGrath is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-24-2005, 09:37 AM   #3
Alexander

How is the best way to find this out ?
Old 04-24-2005, 09:44 AM   #4
Vulcan1
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: John Davidson
Radio of choice:
EVO(12), Futaba
# of RCs: ?

Alexander,
Good luck on your search but maybe you could try a search for Futaba in the USA and then ask them if one could be converted to your freq.
John
Old 04-24-2005, 09:52 AM   #5
Wayne MIller
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Wayne MIller
Radio of choice:
Hitec A9 JR 9303
# of RCs: 19

Total Props: 9
Hi Alexandra,

You may want to look at Great Hobbies or Hobby Wholesale prices in Canada, due to the exchange rate, it may be a better price for you. I know Great Hobbies ship world wide.

I think you can go to the MAAC site (Model Aeronautics Association of Canada) and get a list of our legal frequencies - if you find one that matches, that is the one you should order.

As an alternative, you could post your frequencies here and we could tell you which ones are the same.

I landed in Amsterdam and drove to Fokker at Hogenveen (spelling?), to do some work, you have a great country!

Hope this helps.

Fly4Fun,

Wayne Miller
Wayne MIller is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-24-2005, 10:11 AM   #6
Dave Holmes
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Dave Holmes
Location: Prince Edward County, Ontario (no longer Brampton!)
Radio of choice:
Futaba 72 Mhz
# of RCs: 30+

Total Props: 16
Hello Alexander,

I just did a quick Google search using Netherlands RC Frequencies and the first site I came up with http://home.hetnet.nl/~ronvans/inhou...equencies.html says the 35 Mhz band is reserved for RC aircraft. Obviously, North American equipment at 72Mhz would not be compatible.

This is unfortunate.

I, too, had the opportunity to visit the Netherlands once, on a business trip. I had always wanted to visit there as my father was with the Royal Winnipeg Rifles during the liberation of the Netherlands, and had spoken fondly of the country and its people. I was most graciously received and treated, and hope to take my wife sometime.

The older I get, the better I used to be!
Dave Holmes is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-24-2005, 10:42 AM   #7
Alexander

Dear friends,

I like to thank everyone for there help on this matter, it help me a lot.

Wayne Hogenveen is correct. Unfortunate Fokkker had its time... its out of business. Sad for the people that served and lost there jobs.

Dave i like to thank you to... its seems i cannot buy the Transmitter then according to the Freq. Thats my bad then... got to pay the full tag price on it.Bah.
Yes, Dutch people treat people very well that served and specially in your chace. Unforntunate they do not treat all people the way people like to be treated....

Thanks to everyone again

Alexander
Old 04-24-2005, 11:14 AM   #8

Total Props: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander
Dear friends,

I like to thank everyone for there help on this matter, it help me a lot.

Wayne Hogenveen is correct. Unfortunate Fokkker had its time... its out of business. Sad for the people that served and lost there jobs.

Dave i like to thank you to... its seems i cannot buy the Transmitter then according to the Freq. Thats my bad then... got to pay the full tag price on it.Bah.
Yes, Dutch people treat people very well that served and specially in your chace. Unforntunate they do not treat all people the way people like to be treated....

Thanks to everyone again

Alexander
I do beleive that the 14MZ will eventually be capable of switching bands but I am not sure of the status of this or when those TX or TX upgrades will be available. For the time being anything you purchase in North America will be fixed to 72MHz.
Guest is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-24-2005, 11:17 AM   #9
Ed Smith

When I competed in Europe some years ago I used almost the same radio as I used in Canada. I had to use a different reciever and for the transmitter I changed just the module.

I would imagine that the additional cost of a reciever and module would make a North American purchase not worthwhile.
Ed S
  Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-24-2005, 11:33 AM   #10
Gary Maker
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Gary M.
Radio of choice:
Spektrum DX8
# of RCs: 9

Total Props: 9
Chad wrote:"I do beleive that the 14MZ will eventually be capable of switching bands..."

With the rapid advancements taking place with our radio systems and with the increase in world competition, this capability is something that would be most usefull!

What would be involved in making a radio have this capability? Perhaps a plugin exchangable module? Or would it have to be hard wired in and software selectable? I just find it interesting to contemplate! Futaba does seem to be quite advanced in this area and they will probably be the first to have this sort of capability.

It will indeed be interesting to see what other advances can be made with our radio systems! Just a few short years ago, we wouldn't have thought half the stuff we have now would have been possible and now look at them!

Stoney Creek Hawks RC
MAAC No. 43659
Gary Maker is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in