Gary Maker
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Gary M.
Radio of choice:
Spektrum DX8
# of RCs: 9

Total Props: 9
CRRC 26cc Gas Engine!

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
I posted in the 'Wanted' forem for a 26cc gas engine and was sent a link to checkout the CRRC 26 cc Gas Engine.

Especially for the price, this seems like a nice engine. Does anyone here actually own one of these engines and if so, how good is this engine really??

Does it actually look as nice as the picture? Quality of the materials? And most importantly, how does it run, not just on the bench but while actually flying the plane?

Would appreciate any input from actual experience with this engine! Not looking for something to fly 3D or anything like that, just want a good relyable 26cc size engine for my 1/4 scale Neiuport 17 WWI warplane.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Stoney Creek Hawks RC
MAAC No. 43659
Gary Maker is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 12-15-2008, 08:52 PM   #2
Bdegan
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Brad E.
Radio of choice:
Jeti DS-16
# of RCs: 4

Total Props: 41
Re: CRRC 26cc Gas Engine!

Hi Gary,
Send a PM to Super08 in Alberta. He had one in a Funtana x100. If I remember correctly he liked it. From what I have read on different forums, the engine has gotten good reviews.
Send an email to Ray at PRCModel. If you do it right now at this time of night, I bet he will reply within half an hour. At least that has been my experience when I had emailed questions.
I know if you were to have any problems, Ray would stand behind the engine.
Brad

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
Bdegan is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 12-15-2008, 09:01 PM   #3
Wilki
RCC Junior Contributor

I am: Neil W

Total Props: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Maker View Post
I posted in the 'Wanted' forem for a 26cc gas engine and was sent a link to checkout the CRRC 26 cc Gas Engine.

Especially for the price, this seems like a nice engine. Does anyone here actually own one of these engines and if so, how good is this engine really??

Does it actually look as nice as the picture? Quality of the materials? And most importantly, how does it run, not just on the bench but while actually flying the plane?

Would appreciate any input from actual experience with this engine! Not looking for something to fly 3D or anything like that, just want a good relyable 26cc size engine for my 1/4 scale Neiuport 17 WWI warplane.

Thanks in advance for your help!

I have one in my Funtana X100, yes I know it is a 3d plane, but I don't fly 3d, I just like the way the plane flies with this combo. I know some have had issues, but like any other product any engine can have issues. Mine has been great, it is my second one and I am very happy with it. I flew mine in this plane right from the 3rd tank of fuel, just like I did with my Zenoah 26cc EI in my Cub. The CRRC 26 has a great power to weight ratio. With this combo my X100 only ways 9.5lbs dry, not bad for a gasser. There is plenty of discussion on this engine in other threads. Do lots of reading before you decide. Hope this helps
Wilki is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 12-15-2008, 10:02 PM   #4
Bdegan
RCC Supreme Contributor

Radio of choice:
Jeti DS-16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilki View Post
With this combo my X100 only ways 9.5lbs dry, not bad for a gasser.
Not bad for sure. My x100 weighed 9lbs 9ozs with a Saito 150

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
Old 12-16-2008, 12:18 AM   #5
Nev
RCC Pro Contributor

I am: Nev

Total Props: 3

Had one in a Velox, ran like a charm pulled well and was surprisingly reliable !
Local guy sells them and keeps all the parts..

http://www.prcmodel.com/

Mine was the std one with the CDI ignition, most guys feel the RCEXL Ignition is the better one to go with.
Nev is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 12-16-2008, 12:38 AM   #6
KevinPerry
RCC Expert Contributor

I am: Kevin P
Radio of choice:
JR 12xMV
# of RCs: 12

Hi Gary,

I have a Crrc pro g26I .Here is a pic of busa fokker dr1 in the bones a few weeks ago. I havn't ran it yet , but it if runs half as a good as it looks ..it will be good .Oh ya ...the 24X8 is just for looks ..

KP
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Fokker DR-1 005.1.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	70.8 KB
ID:	41985  

... Some people are like Slinkies ... Not really good for anything, but you can't help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs..
KevinPerry is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 12-16-2008, 06:29 AM   #7
Bdegan
RCC Supreme Contributor

Radio of choice:
Jeti DS-16

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinPerry View Post
Hi Gary,

I have a Crrc pro g26I .Here is a pic of busa fokker dr1 in the bones a few weeks ago. I havn't ran it yet , but it if runs half as a good as it looks ..it will be good .Oh ya ...the 24X8 is just for looks ..

KP
Nice looking plane

Did you remove the Red from the cylinder head ? I thought the CRRC's had red cylinder heads.

Last edited by Bdegan; 01-19-2009 at 06:55 PM.
Old 12-16-2008, 08:32 AM   #8
Gary Maker
RCC Supreme Contributor

Radio of choice:
Spektrum DX8

I would like to thank all of you who answered my call for info on this engine.

I did a search here on RCC and actually found a few threads discussing the CRRC 26 gasser and although there seemed to be a few issues, for the most part, folks were very happy with the relyability and performance. It sure looks sweet for sure!

Also with the info you have provided I feel I can now make an informed decision. I will be ordering this engine shortly but with the RCEXL ignition module rather than the standard ignition that comes with the engine.

I do not dispute the reputation and relyability of the Zenoah G26, I've owned and used 2 of them, but from what I have read and been told, this new engine seems to be a winner and the price is certainly reasonable! I guess we'll find out first hand now that I have decided to make the purchase.

Thanks again for your input and comments. To me, the most relyable factor when considering any purchase, is the honest input of the good folks here on RCCanada and I thank you for your help.

Keven, as always, you've done a superb job on the War Plane. Very nice my friend! I am excited about getting the Neiuport 17 done and ready to fly! It will be an adventure as I have never owned or built a bipe before...( or a "Sesquiplane" as its rightfully known as...1 and 1/2 wings )

Stoney Creek Hawks RC
MAAC No. 43659
Old 12-16-2008, 10:01 AM   #9
KevinPerry
RCC Expert Contributor

I am: Kevin P
Radio of choice:
JR 12xMV
# of RCs: 12

Hi,

Nope my 26 is the CNC milled version ..looks just like a tiny da 50 .I picked it up last year from prc-model .It also came with the rexal igniton .

You will love your plane Gary .I built one 5 years ago ...was fun to build and a pleasure to fly .I put a used up ys 120 in the nose and it flew great at 1/4 to 1/2 throttle . The 26 will work great in it !

KP

... Some people are like Slinkies ... Not really good for anything, but you can't help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs..
KevinPerry is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 12-16-2008, 07:01 PM   #10
Gary Maker
RCC Supreme Contributor

Radio of choice:
Spektrum DX8

Well, I had replied to a posting with a G26i for sale and said I would take it at his asking price and he said someone was coming to look at it and he would definitely get back to me Monday, .. which he didn't. Not good salesmanship for sure.

So anyway, I assumed he sold it and I ordered the new CRRC pro Gf26i with the RCEXL ignition module. It should be here early next week. For the money this seems to be a great deal and I look forward to getting it! And its somewhat less expensive than the Zenoah anyways, so thats a good thing!

Thanks again guys for the encouragement. Keven, I can't wait to get it finished and start flying her! Thanks again for your input!

Stoney Creek Hawks RC
MAAC No. 43659
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in