Events in 2006 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Events Discuss your local events, events attended, etc...

Closed Thread

Old 12-28-2005, 07:39 PM   #1
Nuker
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Bob D.
Radio of choice:
Futaba 12FG
# of RCs: 1+

Total Props: 0
Events in 2006

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Well, strange as it may sound, now seems to be the time to start thinking about vacation schedules and fun fly events in whatever zone you reside in.

Never having attended one further than one or two clubs away, I was convinced last year to go to the GLMAAE (Great Lakes Model Aviation Airshow & Expo) after reading about it here. Jim Mc and I loaded up my wagon and I must admit, I had a lot more fun that I anticipated. Meeting and putting faces to names, seeing old aquaintances from RCC and meeting modellers that I never would have otherwise encountered, made the drive worth it. I even came home with a Bisson muffler hat .

This year I'm going to try to attend 2 events, outside of my immediate area. If the GLMAAE is on again, then, depending on dates, that one is worth a repeat visit.

The second is SMALL in Ottawa. (that one is a weekend trip though). Ken Park has been talking it up on the forums and in the FRCC/DRCC mag and it just looks like fun. He has a new plane design coming out in the next while with a short kit being made available (The Orville). It looks like the kind of plane that will be fun because I'm sure there'll be a few there.

Anything equal to or smaller than a .25 2-stroke or a .30 4-stroke (I was told it was upped this year to accomodate the Saito) is welcome. If I can get the plane building in gear, I should have a bunch of planes I can bring. Not sure if someone will join me but I might even venture out alone; kinda force me to meet folks. They have a date already of July 22, so it's heading out Friday nite and coming back Sunday.

How about yourselves, are there any events that you've heard about that you will at least attempt to plan on attending? Vacation scheduling awaits. I have to admit, it's a fun way to meet other flyers (and of course a good excuse to visit new hobby shops along the way )

Bob
Member of MAAC since I joined

Lighten Up, Life is waaaaaayyyy too short
Nuker is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 12-28-2005, 08:27 PM   #2
Canhos
RCC Pro Contributor

I am: Mike Gyger

This upcoming year I am planning on going to 2 events. This first is kind of a reunion. I'm going to head up to Houston BC and partake in the BVRC's funfly. I intend on having my Twin Otter done. One of the members up there helped me get it started, and I've set my mind on having it done. When I was a member there, several years ago, I was amazed how the 5 active members we had could draw around 40 or so flyers from all around the province! That single event was what made me START to understand the extent to which the PEOPLE make the hobby, not the planes.

My second NEED to attend is the IMAC in Kelowna. It has been discussed at length, and I want to show my support for it. I'm hoping to have a bunch of us from the Heritage club in Chillwack convinced to go as well.

I'm looking forward to both of these. I've not been able to have a vacation in a few years, and I really enjoy getting out to meet others and see what and how they fly!

Mike
Canhos is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 12-30-2005, 12:51 AM   #3
Noin
RCC Pro Contributor

I am: Ted L

I just came from the MAAC website and they have no events listed as yet. Does anyone know when they get the events listed for the upcoming year?

Old 12-30-2005, 10:56 AM   #4
aarinsingh
RCC Junior Contributor

I am: Aarin S

SHAG '06 is in the works for May 6&7 in Saskatoon. Nothing but Heli's and all the info is up on the interweb @ www.shag.hobby-site.com

http://shag.hobby-site.com
aarinsingh is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 12-30-2005, 12:29 PM   #5
Nuker
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Bob D.
Radio of choice:
Futaba 12FG
# of RCs: 1+

Hi Ted,

with most of the club elections just finishing and the holidays almost over, you'll probably see more events in the next few months. Just reading the threads here will give you some ideas

Bpb
Member of MAAC since I joined

Lighten Up, Life is waaaaaayyyy too short
Nuker is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in