Sun shades? - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Scale Aerobatics Scale Aerobatics/IMAC in Canada

Closed Thread

Old 10-30-2008, 07:49 PM   #1

I am: Brendan G

Total Props: 2
Cool Sun shades?

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Well guys, thanks to some great advice and help from Andrew Coholic and the encouragement from the guys at the Sudbury field, I will be joining you for the IMAC season next year. I am not sure how many events I will be at but I hope three or four anyway. My wife already has a shopping expedition planned for the Ottawa Nats weekend. That's going to cost me. For those of you who are wondering "who the heck is this guy and how does he know us?" I was the flight line Nazi at the Nats in Sudbury. I was so impressed that I just had to get involved. The first question i have (I'm sure the first of many) is for those of you wearing prescription glasses, what are you typically using for sun glasses? I have been trying tinted polarized shades that go over prescription glasses (they look like tinted safety goggles) but really don't like them. Too dark and uncomfortable. I typically have a hard time with dusk or bright skies. I have found a site that sells "Model Glasses". They look great but seem expensive. Any advice would be greatly appreciated as I need to see the optometrist soon anyway.

Brendan
13404 is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 10-30-2008, 08:08 PM   #2
Bryan Mailloux
RCC Master Contributor

I am: Bryan M

Re: Sun shades?

Welcome, The prescription sunglasses issue is what I was just discussing with a imac pilot not 5 min ago. Dave R from ottawa had some good experience with his adidas evil eyes. I hope he reads this and post a link. I am looking at the model glasses as well.
I hope to see you around the imac circuit next year.
Old 10-30-2008, 09:27 PM   #3
Gary Maker
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Gary M.
Radio of choice:
Spektrum DX8
# of RCs: 9

Total Props: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan Mailloux View Post
I hope to see you around the imac circuit next year.
Hey Bryan, make sure your wearing your glasses then!

Do you know if model glasses can be made with prescription lenses? I have tried "flip ups" but find them a nuisance and don't usually fit perfectly! And the ones that go over your exhisting glasses are combersome

I was thinking I would like to get something more wraparound with prescription lenses, if there is such a thing. It sucks getting old. First the eyes and then the ears and then....ahhh, never mind!

Stoney Creek Hawks RC
MAAC No. 43659
Gary Maker is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 10-30-2008, 10:21 PM   #4
Dave_ORCC
RCC Contributor

I am: Dave R

Holy coincidence Batman!!

Yep, Brian and I were chatting about this earlier this evening. FWIW, I really like my Adidas Evil Eye sunglasses. Did a littel search and found this.....

http://www.adidas.com/Eyewear/hw07/c...om=performance

I guess there are several styles. Not exactly sure which ones it is that I have. I've had mine for about 4, or maybe 5, years now so it's possible they've changed slightly. If you search around that site a bit, you'll notice that different lenses are available. Mine came with two sets and I bought a third. An orange lense for those grey overcast days. Another set has a similar tint to Serengetti's (I also have a set of Serengetti's and love the tint but, if I'm not wearing my contacts the Serengetti's are unwearable) and a third set of lenses that are very dark BUT, they DON'T really change the colour of what you are looking at. I also ordered the prescription insert for them. Info is on the website, I'm sure but, I should also mention that the nose piece is adjustable as are the arms so they are really comfortable to wear. The arms will also breakaway from the hinge without breaking. Handy if you accidentally sit on them. Don't ask me how I know

As I mentioned to Bryan, they aren't cheap BUT, if you take into account the different lens combinations it's like I've got six pairs of sunglasses. Shortly after buying them I was suffering from a bit of "buyer's remorse" but, they've more than paid for themselves and if I lost/broke them, I'd order another set immediately.

** climbing off the vendor's soapbox now **

Looking forward to seeing you around the IMAC contests next season!
Old 11-01-2008, 08:29 PM   #5
Billpilotca
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Bill T
Radio of choice:
Futaba 18MZ

Total Props: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirDog View Post
For those of you who are wondering "who the heck is this guy and how does he know us?" I was the flight line Nazi at the Nats in Sudbury. I was so impressed that I just had to get involved.
Brendan
Brendan - you may wish to look at www.zurichsunglasses.com
I have a pair and they are very good at cutting glare. For sure these
are the ones I wear on those mornings when the sun is just high enough
to be in your face such as it was in Sudbury. Seems to me that Jim Daly and Ted Barrett also wear these and if memory serves Bob Hudson also.

You did a great job at the Nats. Hope you do jump in and join the fun

Bill
Old 11-02-2008, 06:06 AM   #6

I am: Brendan G

Thanks guys. Don't you just hate having many too many options though? At least this puts me on the right track.

Brendan
13404 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in