newbie question - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Jet Aircraft Discuss Jets in Canada

Closed Thread

Old 11-26-2003, 05:45 PM   #1
JOHN@SQUADRON55

Total Props: 0
newbie question

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Just purchased a Byron F16 at the end of the summer...
Anyone fly one off grass?
Where is the closest paved RC strip in the Kitchener area?? I'm assuming it's probably in Brampton?

Thanks
John
JOHN@SQUADRON55 is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 11-26-2003, 08:20 PM   #2
Marty C
RCC Expert Contributor

F16

John- The Byron F16 flies great from grass on the stock Byron fan etc. I reckon the O.S.77 would be ideal for the Byron fan as the O.S. 91 may over rev the Byron fan??? You can also get an after market 'fan' called/from Hurricane. Not sure where you could source this, but I am told it is the way to go if you want a 90 size D/F engine in the Byron. Apparently fan blade pitch on Hurricane unit is corser, therefor able to absorb and utilize higher power of bigger engines such as 91 etc.
You can also convert the stock Byron set-up to Ramtec D/F as many others have... Lotsa work to modify stock set-up but would be quicker in the air! and does away with cheater hole. In a nut shell the Byron has good low down thrust and is great at getting you airborne quick especially from grass, but is slowish once unloaded and airborne. The Ramtec will take a bit more to ground to get airborne but will be much quicker in the air....My first jet was the Byron F-16 way back in the early eightys, she flew well on the then cutting edge D/F motors O.S. 61 and Picco 80.

Lastly maybe worth considering is a small turbine? you would need to strengthen, tail and wings as well as fuz mid section, but the Byron F16 woiuld be just ideal with any 12-15 lb class turbines... I have a new Byron F-16 kit awaiting its turn on the building boards. My F-16 will probably have either a T-500 or TJT-2000 turbine for power, and only elevons for flight controls.(no ailerons or rudder).

Cheers- Marty
Old 11-27-2003, 06:38 PM   #3
nickjaman
RCC Apprentice

I am: Nmc

Did you purchase with engine and fan?. If not I have a brand new OS engine and Byron fan for this aircraft for sale.
nickjaman is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 11-28-2003, 07:13 AM   #4
JOHN@SQUADRON55

How much are you asking?
JOHN@SQUADRON55 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-29-2003, 10:19 PM   #5
nickjaman
RCC Apprentice

I am: Nmc

Left you a PM
nickjaman is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in