NTC3 exhaust pipe coming off too easily - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
On Road RC For nitro & electric on road rc racing

Closed Thread

Old 05-26-2008, 01:44 PM   #1
Chazzman31

Total Props: 0
NTC3 exhaust pipe coming off too easily

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
My associated ntc3 is finally set up ok, seems to drive good, but then in the middle of a race someone will bump me or I whack the boards lightly and the muffler will pop off the header and I have to pull it into the pits and shut it down. Anyone know of any good fixes that would keep the muffler from coming off so easily?? Running with associated 0.15 and the associated tuned pipe connected with the little silicone rubber tube, using tie wraps on it now, but can't seem to tighten them down enough to keep it from coming off.?!?!?!
Chazzman31 is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 05-26-2008, 02:16 PM   #2
imported_tire_tec
RCC Senior Contributor

First step is to flair the end of each with a screw drive or somthing simmular, just roll the edge out ward and then use worm gear clamps(garden hose repair kit) when you put the rubber couplier make sure that the pipe and header are clean and free from oil .
-HPI BLITZ
-Team Associated B4

Johnny
-HotBodies VE8
-Team Associated B4.1
-FT Team Associated SC10
imported_tire_tec is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 06-02-2008, 12:17 AM   #3
imported_JROD
RCC Senior Contributor

like Bill said

once yo do the flare to the header and pipe you will not have any problems even if you just use tie wraps. and like tire tec said clean it up. use break cleaner just be sure to pull the header off the motor. clean all parts and once you do you will see how the silicone will grab the clean surface and know why it kept popping off. For racing I would say go woth plastic tie wraps as they are lighter than hose clamps and for on road racing every ounce counts.

Old 06-04-2008, 05:15 PM   #4
racerb
RCC Noob

ya

worked very good for me.... too bad it took me halfway through a season to finally figure this tip out...... plus I read it in a magazine a couple months ago
racerb is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in