craigk
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Craig K
Radio of choice:
Spectrum NX10
# of RCs: ?

Total Props: 10
more

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 50%300SFlyer
I happen to know that Bob is currently on his way to the MAAC AGM, in Sault Ste Marie. I would not expect him to be returning any emails or phone calls till next week.

I might get a chance to talk to Bob

IMO, this discussion has no business being on RCC, regardless of the circumstances. It simply drags our SIG down into the mud, and we know full well it does NOT belong there! Its one of the fastest growing SIGs within MAAC!
Disagree here Mike - I odn't think we're getting too muddy here, now that we know what the @#%@# it's all about. There is great benefit to our SIG in having a dedicated website. I was/am quite happy to let someone else do things and I really didn't think there was a monetary cost - I ignorantly thought that the site might have been hosted by Bob as part of his internet account (you know - email addresses, webspace, etc).

I like Bill's idea of an annual membership - just who is going to be athe administrators? We have an SA committee that could form an administrative function from within.
MAAC #9467L IMAC 3706
craigk is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 03-26-2008, 01:22 PM   #12
Dave Dietrich
RCC Contributor

I am: Dave Dietrich

Total Props: 0
I just spoke with Bob's brother and Bob has been very busy at work so if he has missed some emails or phone calls I am sure he will get back to you as soon as he can. As Mike said he is on his way to the AGM meeting and won't be back till next week.

I also feel that the Scale Aerobatics website should be kept alive at all costs. I thank Randy and Bob for the work they do and I must admit I was unaware of the costs involved.

If this has shown us anything it's that without the S/A website and Bob's organizational skills everything goes to Hell.

I don't think most people know how much work Bob puts into this hobby but let me tell ya we would be lost without him.
Dave Dietrich is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-26-2008, 02:02 PM   #13
bigguy
RCC Pro Contributor

I am: Ralph B

Total Props: 3
I am sure as a group we can come to the rescue if funds or web hosting is an issue . I am willing to bet a lot of good people would love to help. Thanks to all who contribute in a big way to keep Imac alive in Canada. I for one did not know there was a problem please parden my ignorance. Let me know if I or some of us can help!

Old 03-26-2008, 02:33 PM   #14
isabel
RCC Contributor

I am: Isabel D.

Total Props: 4
I think we panicked a bit too quickly!

Bob has been located... sorry to hear about the work overload though, it would have been nicer to imagine him on a cruise ship.

As far as hosting and web maintaining... no need for an emergency fundraiser, I believe everything is readily available
isabel is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-26-2008, 02:55 PM   #15
Tmaxx4ever
RCC Junior Contributor

Total Props: 1
Re: scaleaerobatics.ca

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Brown
I not going to go into details..Ijust total ignored some people comments that really dont no what there talking about and take the time to bash me when it was someone else fault why i took it down for abit.. but thats alright

I had actully talk to Bob awhile ago I was thinking about doing a real good sight for scaleaerobatic.ca because its something I use to do alot of htmling and was pretty good at it. but why when except for a verry few that really do appreicate it.. dont out way thet ones that dont.. and there way to many that are that way and its d**n sad

But one thing..Give you Lee, Kent and Jim Daily alot of credit.. atleast a couple people are on the ball

Thanks Lee
Well at least I can read this post, sort of. Spell Check is a wonderful invention, and don't forget about grammar check too.
Tmaxx4ever is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-26-2008, 03:37 PM   #16
LEE
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Lee P

Total Props: 9
scaleaerobatics.ca

Quote:
Originally Posted by isabel
I think we panicked a bit too quickly!

Bob has been located... sorry to hear about the work overload though, it would have been nicer to imagine him on a cruise ship.

As far as hosting and web maintaining... no need for an emergency fundraiser, I believe everything is readily available
As I mentioned way up this post, there is a commercial source that may be available to offset the costs of running this site. Stay tuned!

See good things happen when people cooperate and behave! :P !!

Lee
Team Canada IMAC Worlds 2014
LEE is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-26-2008, 03:57 PM   #17
Gary Maker
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Gary M.
Radio of choice:
Spektrum DX8
# of RCs: 9

Total Props: 9
I sincerely think we can do without the slurrs as it adds nothing but contention and does nothing to further the important business/points here under discussion.

I asked my origional question because for one, I didn't understand what was going on or what the complaint was about as I personally was not able to participate at all in IMAC (being out of the loop so to speak) all last season for personal reasons, and secondly, if there were expenditures associated with my participation in scale aerobatics that I was not aware of and not paying my fair share for, then I would like to make that right.

Like most of you involved with Scale Aerobatics, I truly love it and will help in any way I can to help promote it, keep it going and keep it growing in Canada. If funding is needed and thats what it takes, then all I say, is lets do it. How on Earth would that be a serious problem. Just do it! Think about this:

Theres no little expense to begin with to be involved in and participate in Scale Aerobatics. My goodness, we all seem to be able to show up at events with pretty decent airplanes and equipment. We have the funds to pay entrance fees etc. We all have decent vehicles and purchase the fuel to get ourselves and our equipment to and from events whereever they may be held. We have no problem paying for nice accomodations and good meals while away at events. What real burden would it be to throw in a few extra dollars - for a whole year - to fund something as important as a Scale Aerobatics web forem/site to provide this necessary info to keep informed and to promote our passion?? Then, lets just do it!

Sorry for the rant friends. I hope I'm thinking along the right lines here and am not stepping out of bounds with my comments. But I love this hobby and IMAC/Scale aerobatics is my main focus. If something as important as this is needed, then to me, its just part of the overall expense of being able to participate. It never seems to be a problem buying all the other things/goodies that we feel we need/want! So, to me anyways, this should be seen as just another small part of that overall necessary contrabution to our hobby.

Stoney Creek Hawks RC
MAAC No. 43659
Gary Maker is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-29-2008, 12:55 PM   #18
jamesbissonjr
RCC Master Contributor

I am: James B

Re: scaleaerobatics.ca

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Brown
I not going to go into details..Ijust total ignored some people comments that really dont no what there talking about and take the time to bash me when it was someone else fault why i took it down for abit.. but thats alright

I had actully talk to Bob awhile ago I was thinking about doing a real good sight for scaleaerobatic.ca because its something I use to do alot of htmling and was pretty good at it. but why when except for a verry few that really do appreicate it.. dont out way thet ones that dont.. and there way to many that are that way and its d**n sad

But one thing..Give you Lee, Kent and Jim Daily alot of credit.. atleast a couple people are on the ball

Thanks Lee
I just read your other thread Randy and then into this one. You can get pissed off at peoples reactions but I too didn't know what the hell you were ranting about. Instead of ranting like that, explain the situation in a grown up matter that the site hosting was paid for by you or by you and Bob and politely ask people who are interested in IMAC and that site to make a donation to keep it running. The way you posted about it was very crass and rude if you ask me. If a thread had been started saying hosting costs are so much/year and you were looking for help then people might react a little different and say 'hey sure i'll donate to keep it running because I like being able to pre-register for contests and view a full contest schedule'.

Great Lee, Kent and Jim are 'on the ball'. I'm sure they knew what you were talking about at the time and the rest of us would be too if you'd just explained yourself.

Bisson Custom Mufflers
jamesbissonjr is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-30-2008, 02:15 PM   #19
Randy Brown
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Randy Brown

Total Props: 4
You done James?

have a nice day
Old 03-30-2008, 02:59 PM   #20
50%300SFlyer
RCC Pro Contributor

I am: Mike Clemmens

You know Randy, James has given you some pretty darn good advice here... Its a shame you wont even consider any of it... If you only knew how foolish some of your posts look at times...

I also wonder sometimes if SAs image is tarnished as a result...

I don't expect you to respond in a positive way here, but thats ok. It needed to be said by someone...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in