I can't find the root of the problem on left steering. - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Offroad RC Discussion RC Offroad chat for truggies, buggies, short-course and more. Topics may include brands like Associated, Kyosho, Tamiya, Axial, Traxxas and more.

Closed Thread

Old 05-06-2006, 09:44 PM   #1
rcrazer

Total Props: 0
Exclamation I can't find the root of the problem on left steering.

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
I can't find the root of the problem on left steering.

Here is the scenarios:
A) Mid Chassis is on top of a can of Pop. I checked the full Right & Left turn and both are OK. Servo is not shaking on each turn or when slow turning the steering.
B)Car on the ground. Right turn can make the full Right turn. When I turn the steering to Left it can only turn 5% out of 100%. Servo is not shaking on each turn or when slow turning the steering.
C)After problem (B) I placed the chassis back on top of a can. Right turn still ok. But the left turn still has the problem. After playing with the steering making R/L/R/L the Left turn made the full turn. I still left the wheels off the ground. I paused for 1min. Then tried the Left turn only..again the problem came back only 5% out of 100& full left turn.

Where is the problem?
First I thought it's my radio but my TT-01 touring car is OK on each turn off floor or on floor.

No its not the battery..why would someone test the electronics if the battery is half dead?

I'm in a closed garage.. plus if there was an interferrance then the servo would go wacky on me.

Both test are done 1 feet away and 5 feet away.

I thought its the servo..but Its not.. why i say that? because I removed the servo arm and it make a full turn both ways.

Then I thought its the steering arms.. but its not.. the steering arms can swing left and right freely.. really loose..

Where is the problem?

Yes the body is not on the chassis.
rcrazer is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 05-06-2006, 10:06 PM   #2
imported_RC-SUPERMAN

just because your servo works ok when you take the arm off doesnt meen its ok. Sounds like you may have a broken gear in your servo. When you turn it without it being "hooked" up to your truck/car it works cause ther isnt any load on it but when you attach it back to your car/truck its slipps cause there is now load on it so the broken gear skips. Thats all I can thing of right now. Ill think a bit more and if I come uop with anything ill post it. Good Luck
Nino
imported_RC-SUPERMAN is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-06-2006, 10:06 PM   #3
imported_chryslerintrepid
RCC Junior Contributor

Steering issues

Stripped servo gears or cracked servo saver.

Check that. My bet is stripped servo gears. Happened to me many times.
Baja 5B
REVO 3.3R
JetBoat BL
TC4 Novak BL
PRP XR8 Serpent .28 SH
Rustler Electric
Traxxas Blast Boat - LIPO
HPI RS4 3 EVO
Graupner Mambo Boat
imported_chryslerintrepid is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 05-06-2006, 10:12 PM   #4
rcrazer

The servo gears never came to my mind because its a new servo. I will check that now.. thanks. will update after i checked it.
Old 05-06-2006, 10:14 PM   #5
imported_Sledder
RCC Contributor

I would have to say Nino is right, as my buddies savage did the same thing and when we replaced his servo with a hitec 645 it worked perfectly. We took his old servo apart and sure as shootin 3 missing teeth on the gear, but yet when there was no load on the servo it spun fine.
REVO 3.3

Mayhem Buggy 26
RC18B
Phantom Offshore racer 33"
Blade CX2 Heli
imported_Sledder is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-06-2006, 10:29 PM   #6
Gump
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Brian Belanger

Total Props: 1
quick check - take another servo and install it and check it the same way, or, install your servo in another rc and check it the same way.
Gump is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-07-2006, 02:08 PM   #7
rcrazer

Thumbs up Problem Solved

Gears in the servo are OK..

I noticed that the right wheel does not turn when I throttle..
I removed everything and I noticed that the one-way differential bearing is reversed..Placed it on the right way and screwed everything back.

chassis on the carpet and now i can make the full right and left turn.

Now I have questions about double sided tape on ESC and Recvr ...please follow this link...follow me
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in