Spektrum Problems - Page 5 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Offroad RC Discussion RC Offroad chat for truggies, buggies, short-course and more. Topics may include brands like Associated, Kyosho, Tamiya, Axial, Traxxas and more.

Closed Thread

Old 03-31-2009, 08:27 PM   #41
Ron_Prinzen
RCC Master Contributor

I am: Ron P
# of RCs: 120

Total Props: 0

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
There seem to be a few people experiencing radio problems on Sunday, both with Spektrum and with crystals, like myself. Pete Klebert had the same problem as you're describing as well with his Spektrum

Ron Prinzen
Ron_Prinzen is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 04-02-2009, 07:48 PM   #42
imported_JROD
RCC Senior Contributor

sr3100

I have contacted Horizon and let them know of the situation as to mine and others experiences and will be sending them the receivers.
If you have had the same problems contact ther retailer that sold you the product and see if they will send them back for testing, but I suggest you do it yourself as it will get back to you faster. So shoot horizon an email and let them know if you have had problems. They have great customer service.
Old 04-03-2009, 04:22 PM   #43
imported_maverick
RCC Junior Contributor

buy Futaba and be done with it!!
imported_maverick is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 04-07-2009, 02:56 PM   #44
imported_superfly
RCC Contributor

I am: David Mandl

Well it could be the radio but I've tried two different transmitters and 4 different recievers and its all the same issues. the car just stops and then I loose control of the throttle as it goes into this on off on off routine. Then when I shut the ESC off its back to normal. With my F1 car and a novak/brushed motor combo I've had no issues. For me I'm leaning toward the Sphere as the prob. But to be honest I'm pretty much fed up and I might not be bringing that B4 back to the carpet ever again. In any case I'm dying to try it on dirt to see if it all works well again. Steve Mostacci did give me an idea to try: Shut off the auto-lipo cut off on the sphere. Might be worth a shot. Oh well...keep trying I guess
1984 RC10 OldGold
Tekin RC10MidEngineConversion

Spektrum DX3
SuperBrain989
Mamba 4600 system
MaxAmps 5000
Sphere Competition ESC
Novak 7.5 L
Yuntong 5000
imported_superfly is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-15-2009, 09:20 AM   #45
imported_superfly
RCC Contributor

I am: David Mandl

UPDATE

For those that are actually following this thread of issues that i've had with my B4...

Went to Sids last week and ran the B4 all day with ZERO problems. Thats using the same Sphere Competition ESC and the Novak 7.5L motor combo. And the new DX3R radio.

So I'm only left with static as the cause of the ESC going into some strange on off on off uncontrollable fit.

Never did try to disable the auto-lipo cutoff as the car ran perfect all day and to be honest forgot to play with it. But I doubt it would matter on dirt. Maybe if I ever bring this B4 back to carpet I could try to disable the auto-lipo and see if that works. But I doubt it.

So I'm back to where I began...running good on dirt and not at all on carpet. Such a strange problem with that B4...funny cause when I bought it on Ebay it had carpet running on it...I had to clean off all kinds of carpet fluff. maybe thats why the guy sold it. maybe its Cursed!!!!!!
1984 RC10 OldGold
Tekin RC10MidEngineConversion

Spektrum DX3
SuperBrain989
Mamba 4600 system
MaxAmps 5000
Sphere Competition ESC
Novak 7.5 L
Yuntong 5000
imported_superfly is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-15-2009, 09:31 AM   #46

Total Props: 57
I never had a problem with static on carpet with my B4 or T4 or any of my on-roads cars. Must be a curse on your chassis:GRIN:
Guest is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-25-2009, 11:16 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOXY923 View Post
I never had a problem with static on carpet with my B4 or T4 or any of my on-roads cars. Must be a curse on your chassis:GRIN:
You would actually have to race your car at the track to have problems Foxy.

Funny enough, I had one receiver that would only work in my touring car... once I put it in an offroad car at FC's it would cut out. Sent it back to Horizon and it was fixed.
Old 05-26-2009, 09:57 AM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckman996 View Post
You would actually have to race your car at the track to have problems Foxy.

Well, the 3 times I've ever been out racing I never had a problem
Old 05-26-2009, 10:18 AM   #49
imported_ennio_c

smart move would be to contact Horizon Hobby, guys.. Some of these are know issue. They will point you in the correct direct..http://www.horizonhobby.com/Support/
imported_ennio_c is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in