My home, garage is over run - Page 3 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Aircraft Discussion Discuss anything RC related

Old 12-19-2010, 09:01 PM   #21
Allan J Robertson
RCC Junior Contributor

I am: Allan R
Radio of choice:
Hitec
# of RCs: 10

Total Props: 0
Re: My home, garage is over run

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Well zap if you have a problem I will take that piece of fibreglass that has some white paint on it and free up up a whole lot of space for ya.
Allan J Robertson is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 12-19-2010, 09:53 PM   #22
j patterson
RCC Master Contributor

I am: j p
Radio of choice:
airtronic

Total Props: 1

Oh oh oh poor mr. Zap you got to much crap. I'm sure if the 3 al's and myself got to gether we could help you out. Yes al i also would like that white fiberglass piece in his garage. Have you noticed it has been there for years all dusty and i bet if given a chance it would fly to. The other day he asked for the key to my garage so he could help himself to my crap. He just had a birthday getting old an senile. If he thinks he has problems now maybe a woman would help after all we looking after your best interest. Please don't forget i still have a plane of yours maybe i should sell it, less for you to worry about.
I then have to remember you are one of us so please stop whinning mr. President zap.
Do have a merry x-mas pres zap and to all our friends
j patterson is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 12-20-2010, 06:22 PM   #23
rzapp
RCC Junior Contributor

I am: Rick Z

Total Props: 2
Smile Re: My home, garage is over run

sorry boys, i can call you boys right Al and Les, that piece of fiberglass even though it doesn't fly has been with me for over thirty years so stand in line at the back portion of it.just a picture of one on the net but it's exact with exception of the dust on it...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1963 Chevrolet Corvette Roadster.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	62.0 KB
ID:	93047  
rzapp is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 12-20-2010, 07:11 PM   #24
russ
RCC Expert Contributor

I am: russ h
Radio of choice:
Spektrum
# of RCs: 5

Total Props: 0

Last time I checked, a vette can fly. Maybe not intentionally, but definitely flight capable
russ is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 12-20-2010, 08:10 PM   #25
fsone
RCC Master Contributor

I am: Norm
Radio of choice:
Spektrum DX8/DX7
# of RCs: 18+

Total Props: 6

You can never have enough planes for retirement.Keep building have fun keep smilin keep flyin.
Make Safety Priority #1
fsone is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 12-20-2010, 11:32 PM   #26
waynepinke
RCC Junior Contributor

I am: Wayne Pinke
Radio of choice:
Futaba & Hitec

Thumbs up Re: My home, garage is over run

Glad I gathered a few planes over the past few years before retiring June/09. My latest project has been trying to finish basement renovations after doing major stuff to the rest of the house. After that I can repair a few in need of attention, assemble some of the 11 ARFs piled up in the workroom, and get to replacing the frame on my '64 Corvette coupe which I've had since 1974. Have a picture of one almost identical to the colour and wheels/rims. It's been good for transporting two and even three 40/60 sized planes to the field until 2 years ago when the frame was just too far gone to trust ------ brand new frame is sitting & waiting for me to install.

Can't have too many planes or cars as long as there's a place to keep them without worry.
"Happy flying" when the weather dictates.

Wayne
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	64vet.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	11.3 KB
ID:	93074  
MAAC #8730
Sun Parlor RC Flyers (Windsor, Ont)
waynepinke is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 12-21-2010, 12:15 AM   #27
rzapp
RCC Junior Contributor

I am: Rick Z

Total Props: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by reo View Post
i think there is a thread in another forum that starts out like this...."my name is * and I'm an RC addict". You may want to search it out for support ....Ron
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynepinke View Post
Glad I gathered a few planes over the past few years before retiring June/09. My latest project has been trying to finish basement renovations after doing major stuff to the rest of the house. After that I can repair a few in need of attention, assemble some of the 11 ARFs piled up in the workroom, and get to replacing the frame on my '64 Corvette coupe which I've had since 1974. Have a picture of one almost identical to the colour and wheels/rims. It's been good for transporting two and even three 40/60 sized planes to the field until 2 years ago when the frame was just too far gone to trust ------ brand new frame is sitting & waiting for me to install.

Can't have too many planes or cars as long as there's a place to keep them without worry.
"Happy flying" when the weather dictates.

Wayne
thanks Wayne we're in the same boat but we're happy right?
rzapp is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 12-21-2010, 06:05 PM   #28
fsone
RCC Master Contributor

I am: Norm
Radio of choice:
Spektrum DX8/DX7
# of RCs: 18+

Nice vette Wayne
Make Safety Priority #1
fsone is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 12-21-2010, 06:35 PM   #29
waynepinke
RCC Junior Contributor

I am: Wayne Pinke
Radio of choice:
Futaba & Hitec

Thumbs up Re: My home, garage is over run

Yeah, we're happy! Right now there are 2 planes sitting on the car as well as the dust like you say about yours. After the frame gets changed I'll change the colour from the original black (too hot & too hard to keep clean) to a lighter colour. I'll have to 2 things I enjoy when I take the Corvette to the flying field.
Wayne
MAAC #8730
Sun Parlor RC Flyers (Windsor, Ont)
waynepinke is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 12-21-2010, 08:02 PM   #30

Total Props: 57

RZAPP, questioning whether or not you're over-doing it and taking the input of family in a constructive manner means that you're normal.

It's when you ignore family and collect more "stuff" regardless of space, time or the opinions of others that your family needs to get you in for therapy. I knew one person who was very likable until you realized that he was just spending money on things without a real project in mind, was lying to his wife on prices, and always worked on the next "deal".

In stiffing me over a construction deal, I called his wife, not realizing that he'd been lying to her about his activities, and told her what our deal was -- construction of the model for $100 plus parts and materials. Upshot was that she checked his recent hobby shop bargains with said hobby shop. EXACTLY! He came home to find all of his hobby items sitting at the front door and her showing him the real prices paid (duplicate receipts from the hobby shop).

Basic questions to ask yourself:
1) Do I really need this for a current project or requirement or am I just getting this because....?
2) Is my spouse and family aware of what is really spent on the hobby?
3) Have I got more than a full year's building projects lined up without buying anything else?
Guest is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in