Composite ARF eurosport - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Jet Aircraft Discuss Jets in Canada

Closed Thread

Old 07-08-2004, 03:32 PM   #1
ClaudePerron

Total Props: 0
Composite ARF eurosport

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
I've just ordered one i made the payment and paid 180us.$ for shipping and now they ask me to choose a 'customs broker' for shipping??? I have no idea of what they're talking about! lol Someone help me!
ClaudePerron is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 07-08-2004, 07:52 PM   #2
tucano

Check your pm.
tucano is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-08-2004, 10:04 PM   #3

Total Props: 57
Since you are importing an item from another country, you need to clear the item using a customs broker. This plane is manufactured in the far east and as such, you will be paying GST, PST and duty on the plane based on the commercial value declared.

You can clear the item yourself by taking the commercial invoice and going to Revenue Canada, fill out the paperwork, pay your dues, and pick-up the plane, or you can look-up a few companies in the yellow pages, or you can ask UPS to broker it for you even if they did not ship it, they have a brokerage service. I have cleared many items myself by taking the commercial invoice and following the steps above.

I bought my Eurosport from Planes plus and they shipped Forward Air, and I took the paperwork to Revenue Canada at Pearson airport and cleared it myself.

You can find out from Revenue Canada where is the nearest office to you, and find out from composite-arf what company is shipping the Eurosport to you, they might have a broker themselves (for a fee usually)
Guest is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 07-09-2004, 08:04 AM   #4
ClaudePerron

Thx a bunch for the info guys!!
Old 07-13-2004, 04:00 PM   #5
Marty C
RCC Expert Contributor

Euro

Claude, Did you order the newer version Euro or original? I am interested to here what you think of the quality if its the latest Eurosport...
Old 07-13-2004, 07:26 PM   #6
ClaudePerron

Nah i got the old one. I didnt want to buy one this year but at 799$ That was too good to be true!

The new JetCat colors is dammmmmmm ugly The made the fine removable. re-inforce main and nose strut ( but the main was re-inforce too on the latest 'old' kit) Canard linkage is stiffer, wheels cut are factory made and i probably forget a couples of things. I dont think it worth paying 1490$ instead of 799$
Old 07-13-2004, 07:27 PM   #7
Sundownee
RCC Contributor

I am: Paul S.
Radio of choice:
Futaba 18 MZ WC
# of RCs: ???

Total Props: 1
Hi guys, I have just recently received my newly updated Kangaroo from Composite Arf. They usually ship to Canada using "Conway". The shipping was 120.00 us to Windsor. The shipper called me to say if I wanted to clear the customs or have them do it, I decided to do it my self, being that I just got dinged by UPS. All I payed was taxes, which were around $89.00 CAN and saved myself some good money not paying any broker fees. Now you ask how I got dinged by UPS, well I ordered the wing bags from Composite Arf at the same time I ordered the Roo, the wings bags must have not come from the same warehouse because it came to me by UPS. Now the box is 14" by 14" by 14" and weighting about one and half pounds. Wing bags were $35.00 us and I already paid for them when I purchase the roo. When UPS arrived at my door ( they always come when I am away or forgot to tell the wife it was coming, or didn't even know they were coming) they required $37.50 can in order for my wife to receive the package, so she, not knowing what it was. I was away for 5 days to hear of this when I arrived. Now lets see $37.50 fee for a $35.00 us package, now that don't sound right to me. So I called up the UPS headquarters asked about this charge, of course I had to ask for the person who was really in charge. I got a gentlemen who was kinda helpful, I kept insisting on getting my money back. Here is what he said;
"We automatically charge $18.00 for brokerage and some other amount for paper work, which is a percentage of the value of the package. In this case my total was $30.00 for them and $7.50 for duty".
He also said that they automatically charge brokerage fee for any item over $20.00, but if they come to your house with the package and with a brokerage fee, just decline it and he will take it back to UPS depot and leave it there for 5 days, for you to declare the customs yourself. Now do you think my wife would even Know all about that, the answer is NO. In the end he decided to give my $30.00 back, but he insisted that next time i just not accept the package, hmmmmm. I can just see it now, "sorry sir, we sent the package back because you did not accept the package" I'll deal with that when the next time does occur.

I hope I didn't bore you guys to sleep reading all this, but I thought I would share some of my trivial pursuits.

Paul Sousa
Sundownee is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-13-2004, 07:52 PM   #8
Marty C
RCC Expert Contributor

Euro

Claude, re- Comp ARF colours there all damn ugly mate I would choose plain white or grey version over those 3D schemes, even the new colours look like upchuck! I have seen some really nice scale and custom paint jobs on the Euro. It really is crying out for a decent paint job the difference is amazing! Glad to here they also fixed up the canard linkage set up that was a joke on early versions...

Paul, first I have heard of an updated Roo, please tell us what they fixed up??? I hope they have improved the gear mount wood quality...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	040330wwef.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	70.1 KB
ID:	3614  
Old 07-13-2004, 09:14 PM   #9

Total Props: 57
Marty, I purchased my Eurosport from Planes Plus, which was manufactured by Fiberclassics. It was more expensive unfortunately than composite-arf.
I will be doing the necessary re-inforecements myself.

I downloaded the new Eurosport manual from composite-arf and the kit comes much more complete than before, with all undercarriage cutouts made, and all the wood already glued in place to install your retracts. It comes with a much easier rudder system whereby the servos for the rudder fit inside the fin. The fin is also removable.

The canards system is better, and the torque rods are much more heavy duty than before. I purcahsed an after market canards torque rod system which clamps onto the fiberglass rods for mine. (see picture)

The colour schemes are different, some will and some wont like them. No comments there.

Apart from that, the mould is the same, the finish is the same
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	linkage.jpeg
Views:	98
Size:	46.0 KB
ID:	3616  
Guest is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-13-2004, 10:36 PM   #10
nony
RCC Supreme Contributor

Quote:
We automatically charge $18.00 for brokerage and some other amount for paper work, which is a percentage of the value of the package. In this case my total was $30.00 for them and $7.50 for duty".
I'm no fan of UPS, but what they are doing is standard practice. they have to create a formal entry and submit it to canada customs on your behalf and process the documentation once it is cleared, and match the documents to your package. The value of the contents doesn't have much of an effect on the cost to them of all the paperwork processing. They pass the costs on to you, along with a cut for themselves. UPS is known to be expensive in this area, and Canada Post is the cheapest (other than doing it yourself).... You were very lucky to get any of that brown money back.

The sooner you fall behind, the more time you will have to catch up.
nony is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in