General RC Aircraft Discussion Discuss anything RC related

Closed Thread

Old 01-24-2007, 02:22 PM   #1
Joey-snaproll
RCC Expert Contributor

I am: Joe M

Total Props: 4
Anyone know this guy.

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
This fella Don Cameron has so far scamed four of us at over RCU.He has been suspended,All attemps to contact him from my self and the 3 others have no reply.we all paid and no item was recieved.Filed a complaite with RCU and Paypal,and RCMP.I got taken for $110,us and one other was for over $400us,plus a few more,and he sold the same item twice.Anyway his name is

Don Camern ,And his e-mail that took my paypal paymemt is
donc87@yahoo.ca.

Where he said he lived in his profile was all false. So if any one knows him get him to make thing right The one fella in the U.S. is filing every internet fraud complaint he can and also has filed with F.B.I. internet Fraud .
To this day I have not recieved my motor or money back and niether has anyone else.I'm posting this so no one else, I hope will fall victim to this scammer. This is my stand on this person till I get my motor or money back.If you know him and want to stand up for him, get him to return the money ,Then post your kinds words of this A*# H*^#~ to defend him.

Again His e-mail is donc87@yahoo.ca out of Ontairio .

DO NOT DEAL WITH DON CAMERON -donc87@yahoo.ca- SCAMMER

Pissed off

Joe
Joey-snaproll is online now   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 01-24-2007, 03:48 PM   #2
broke-again

Total Props: 0
That sucks! It only takes one bad apple to ruin things for everyone. I always use "Buyer beware" and only buy if the seller is willing to ship C.O.D or 50/50 via pay pal. If they refuse, then i dont deal with them.

Hope they catch this S.O.B!

Good luck & spread the word, someone somewhere must know him & where he lives.
broke-again is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-24-2007, 04:26 PM   #3
scaleguy
IMAC/SA or NOTHING!
★ Site Supporter ★

I am: JimmyD
Radio of choice:
JETI Duplex DS-24
# of RCs: ?

Total Props: 59
Well if everything else was false I would bet his name is to.

They shouldn't let people who only have Yahoo or Hotmail or any one of the numerous other generic emails to deal on line.

I myself won't do online business if the only email address I get from someone is one of these. No way to track them down.

Sorry for your predicament, good luck.
MAAC #14323L IMAC #3678

Windy you ask? I have Whitecaps on my Coffee, YOU be the Judge!
scaleguy is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 01-24-2007, 04:41 PM   #4
michel gravelle
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Michel G

Total Props: 12
Hi
Doesn t the problem start when the server is yahoo ?

This is only a question . Yahoo is not a real address . As I understand it anyone can get an address at yahoo . For example mine is videotron , I can be traced Is this not right ?

Sorry for youre losses guys

Michel ( Mike )
michel gravelle is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-24-2007, 05:58 PM   #5
50%300SFlyer
RCC Pro Contributor

I am: Mike Clemmens

Total Props: 1
If you funded your paypal account with a credit card, you can do a chargeback with your CC company to get your money back.

Good luck!
Old 01-24-2007, 06:05 PM   #6
jpmodels
RCC Contributor

And more...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50%300SFlyer
If you funded your paypal account with a credit card, you can do a chargeback with your CC company to get your money back.

Good luck!
Paypal alone should be able to solve this. I had my first non-payer a month ago. I filed an official dispute with Paypal and the whole thing was refunded at the end of the resolution process.

Thanks for the heads-up on this crook.
Old 01-24-2007, 06:22 PM   #7
Shawn68z
RCC Apprentice

Paypal will only refund the moneys to you if that person has enough money in their paypal account. If they have withdrawn the money, or spent it, then Paypal is pretty much useless.
Shawn68z is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-24-2007, 08:13 PM   #8
DO335
RCC Pro Contributor

I am: Cheshire C

Total Props: 6
internet scammers

Yahoo and Hotmail email accounts are not for legitimate sellers or anyone doing legitimate internet business. These accounts are a good sign that it's likely some sort of flake. Hiding behind an email address like that is not about to inspire anyone's confidence. Too many phoneys and deadbeats there.

I've never sent $$ to any of those and never will.

If you never get the $100 back, it's still better than losing more and you'll not get fooled like that again.

All the best in your quest and thanks for the warning.
DO335 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-24-2007, 11:13 PM   #9

Total Props: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn68z
Paypal will only refund the moneys to you if that person has enough money in their paypal account. If they have withdrawn the money, or spent it, then Paypal is pretty much useless.
Actually paypal will still refund it if they decide it's the right thing to do. There have been 2 incidents where I accepted a paypal payment and they ended up refunding the money after I had withdrawn it, you end up with a negative balance in your account which then has to be paid back. The first incident was with a customer who had sent me their guitar and paid the deposit via paypal with a stolen credit card. When paypal discovered this, they took the funds out of my account again. In this case I sold the guitar the person had sent me to recover my losses. The second time around was a buyer told paypal he had not received his items yet so they refunded him, again I was left with a negative, however, I showed them that the item was sent with signature required and it was signed for, they ended up giving me the money back.

Anyway, the long and the short of it is, I think after 30 days or something paypal becomes useless in helping the buyer, your best bet of recourse would be through your credit card company. If you didn't use credit card you might be hooped. When you made the payment via paypal did your purchase quality for buyer protection?
Guest is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-25-2007, 02:59 AM   #10
Joey-snaproll
RCC Expert Contributor

I am: Joe M

Total Props: 4
Thanks for the replies guy's,some good info for me. I plan on contacting my CC Later today and see what they will do for me . I have a protector plan on my CC so Lets see if it will do any good for me. I'm out a $130can the other fella is out over $400.00us. He is so pissed And has all of us together on this
so see how it goes. Just wanted to post his name and e-mail just incase he tried to set up here on RCCanada, And cut him off, at least with that name.

Thanks Again fellas.

Joe
Joey-snaproll is online now   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in