Scarborough, meets 2010 season, lets get it rolling - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Clubs, RC Tracks, Events & Bashing meets Radio Control Clubs in Canada Radio Control Offroad & Onroad Tracks. RC Car Races, Events & RC Bashing Chat

Old 03-27-2010, 09:07 AM   #1
nitroheli
RCC Senior Contributor

Total Props: 0
Smile Scarborough, meets 2010 season, lets get it rolling

Originally Posted by nitroheli
Quote:
Originally Posted by Resound
Hey Rob, its me again, I messaged you back in october or so regarding scarborough rc runs at milner and neilson. Im currently in Waterloo now,but ill be returning to scarborough starting april til augest. So i was thinking of organizing some runs and gathering people on the forum. But i have never organized events like this so i was thinking if you are interested in helping. First step may be to make a post and see if people are interested?

Herbert

Count me in for sure, I've been itching to run again this Year, Did not make any events last Year or run for that fact so I really need to get out this Year for sure.

I have been checking out a few places other that that Milner area, Not that its a bad place but I want something smoother and an area that we have or could have more traffic, meaning an area that people may actually stop and check us out, to potentially getting noticed and eventually being able to set up a proper official track or at least lager groups and events...
Ill email you shortly with a few location ideas and I will continue to get permission from the land owners to see if there could be possible interests...
Cheers and Ill get back to you very soon cause I think together we can get this ball rolling...
Rob
Hey Rob, as of right now, i have to places in mind (im not sure if it will work). One place is at a school, White Haven JRPS and ther other place is the parking lot outside of national sports/old nofrills. As for the school, its got a pretty big pavement but there might be a little debris/rocks on ground. As for the parking lot, i dont rmb how smooth the surface is, but the area is pretty big.

Cheers,
Herbert

Ive been using google maps when im not in my car, nice thing about google maps is that you can go right down to street view and look around as first person view.
ive spotted f new areas and will be taking a drive this week to check them out a little better.
at least google maps have updated there maps recently so the ground surface should have not changed much.
We'll have to start posting this email onto the forum and allow people to start viewing it and joining in.. I think all together we can find something and get the ball rolling..
Rob
Old 03-27-2010, 10:21 AM   #2
Resound
RCC Apprentice

I am: Herbert C

Re: Scarborough, meets 2010 season, lets get it rolling

Hello guys! As you can read from the original post by Rob (aka the email between both of us), we are planing on having some meets in 2010. We have been looking at a few areas. What do you guys think of Pavement at White Haven JRPS or Parking Lot at National Sports. Please suggest other areas so that Rob and I may have a look at them. Tell us about theses areas so others can know as well. We hope to get this going in April (unfortunately, i wont be in Toronto until the end of April. However, I hope that we can get this started and have frequent meets in Scarborough! (i barely see meets around the area, all of them are either in durham or barrie) So lets work together and we can get some r/c meets. 1/10 electric or nitro are welcome.
Resound is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-27-2010, 05:01 PM   #3
nitroheli
RCC Senior Contributor

As for scales to run, I would like to open the invite to most scales, 1/16, 1/10, 1/8 and modified off road to street.
I will be running all scales except for 1/5.

I couple of places i have seen which look pretty good for two reasons, the first one is due to the fact that there is no one around to bother by the noise and that during weekends its empty this would be a large multi parking lot east of Rodick rd and Yorkteck this is located north of hwy 407 and west of Warden, simple enough to find hit it up on google maps.

Second location still needs a little work on permission from the local retailers which i will be working on very soon.
Location is just south of Rona which is found on Midland and McNicoll ave.
This location has newly paved surface and being that many other rc tracks are somewhat sponsored by hardware stores, we may be able to get this place to agree as well, Fun thing is that we could get a few spectators too and allow our running to grow.
If we are to run on the weekends I have obtained approval by my work place to use that parking lot, Its location is 480 Gordon Baker Rd, South of Steeles and West of Victoria Park.
I will have pics of the areas posted shortly, but for the time being they can be found on google maps.
Cheers
Rob
Old 03-27-2010, 05:32 PM   #4
nitroheli
RCC Senior Contributor

A few other areas also.
Yorkland Rd and Consumers Rd, There is a large lot that is off to the side facing hwy 401 and 404.

Here are some pics of locations.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	McNicoll & Midland.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	61.3 KB
ID:	73569   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rodick & Yorktech.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	72.3 KB
ID:	73570   Click image for larger version

Name:	480 gordon baker rd.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	83.9 KB
ID:	73571  

Last edited by nitroheli; 03-28-2010 at 07:11 PM.
nitroheli is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-27-2010, 05:45 PM   #5
Resound
RCC Apprentice

If you don't mind, i can actually sort broadcast it on 2 facebook groups that i joined for RC in Toronto and refer them to this forum/our thread.
Old 03-27-2010, 05:51 PM   #6
nitroheli
RCC Senior Contributor

Sure, go for it.
You can add me as a friend and have it linked that way too in case people want to ask any questions which are not members of RCC
search my profile.
Rob Dyer
the profile pic would be a tweaked out Gray Mazda car...

Cheers
Rob
Old 03-27-2010, 05:26 PM   #7
Resound
RCC Apprentice

oh ya thats awesome, i didnt know u also welcome other scales (excellent choice). Excellent work there with Rodick rd and Yorkteck as its close to First Markham place (I see that there are a few people that are into r/c in markham/north york). As for Rona, its true that alot of clubs are sponsored by Rona (such as DRCRC) so we might be able to contact them. And your work place's parking lot is definitely a good start.

Sorry for letting you do most of the work as im still finishing my term at UW (sigh.. wont be done tile April 23rd last exam). Ill catch up once im back in Toronto

Again Greate Work!
Cheers
Herbert
Old 03-29-2010, 11:17 AM   #8
Resound
RCC Apprentice

Rodick rd and Yorkteck rd definitely sounds like a good place, because it can actually track people's attention (located behind First Markham Place, which operates on holidays and weekends as its a Chinese Mall). The only problem is the permission. It seems like its an open parking lot but we are not sure who owns it and we might require permission. I live in the Agincourt neighborhood and so it depends if my parents will have time to give me a ride or if they let me use the car. So as for April 2nd, plans changed and now i might be able to show up depending on bus schedule back to Toronto.
Preference:
location - Rodick rd and Yorkteck rd Parking lot
Time: 1-4/5 pm
Class: 1/10 scale electric touring TA05ver2
Old 03-29-2010, 11:37 AM   #9
nitroheli
RCC Senior Contributor

I doubt that this place gets used up by clients for the First Markham place as its still a good walk away. Its more likely to be used by the buildings that are just north of it which seam to be offices or a folks home..
Again seams to be just you and I Resound that have been posting so unless we get a few more included I wouldn't make a special bus trip as it would not be worth all that time.
As I said, I have contacted Rona Canada for sponsorship through there contact email however will be communicating directly with this Rona location to see if we can get the ball rolling. So yes I know many of us are very eager to run but its still very early and lets focus on doing it right.

Cheers
Rob
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	lot rc possible location.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	90.4 KB
ID:	73702  
Old 03-29-2010, 03:15 PM   #10
nitroheli
RCC Senior Contributor

If approval goes through, here would be the layout area for the track(s) I would be requesting both short truck offroad track ( no huge jumps ) but more or less a auto corss track and a onroad technical 1/10 1/8 street track.
Lets keep the fingers crossed and hope that Roana Canada and Rona Midland would grant this area and support our addiction to RC racing.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	track location Rona.JPG
Views:	74
Size:	47.1 KB
ID:	73724  

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in