Possible offroad track in Brampton - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Car & Truck discussion General Discussion about R/C topics

Closed Thread

Old 09-05-2005, 11:24 PM   #1
imported_FIREFOX
RCC Senior Contributor

Total Props: 0
Exclamation Possible offroad track in Brampton

Hey all,

It's been really hard to find a place to bash, not all of us are into racing hardcore, but we really like to bash or just have a good time, but we don't have a real place to run other than tracks and off limit sights, such as BAYVIEW BMX and CLARKSON BMX, some of us even run at the BRICK in Richmondhill, but how many of us would actually go to a track that was opened in the GTA, and how many times would that actually add up to during the spring/summer/fall months?

We've been offered an opportunity to open a track in Brampton, Ontario. A gentleman we have had contact with has offered to build a track on his property for the very purpose of racing and bashing during the week depending on the serious response from RC'ers in the GTA. If the response is positive then things may start to look up for us homeless players.

There are three questions we pose to the offroad RC'ers in the GTA:

1) Are you willing to drive out to Brampton?
2) How many times do you think you will attend between June to October?
3) How much are you willing to pay for a membership fee to pay to use the track? (Proceeds will go to track maintenance and rent to use property)

I will post all these polls. Please answer honestly for it depends on the response of everyone who is serious about going.

The first poll starts here:

Are you willing to drive out to Brampton?

HPI Savage X 4.6
Painted Indy Silver - Basher
Ford F-150 painted 2 tone: Black on Silver w/ red racing strip - Cruiser
Spektrum DX 2.0
imported_FIREFOX is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-05-2005, 11:47 PM   #2
imported_FIREFOX
RCC Senior Contributor

To the Moderators of Offroadrc.ca

Hey Guys,

I hope this was okay to post...if not let me know and you may delete it if you think it is inappropriate. We are just running out of places to go, and this is just an opportunity we can't let slide without even giving it a shot.

Let me know, I am doing this on behalf of the property owner and the people who are in contact with him.

Thanks.

HPI Savage X 4.6
Spektrum DX 2.0
Old 09-06-2005, 03:48 AM   #3
ssracing

Track

I think its great that you are looking into this for all the racers/bashers.
I for one will attend just about every week. I know one or two other guys that will do the same. I would like to offer my help if needed. I live in Brampton and can help evenings and weekends if it means we will have some place to run.

Steve
ssracing is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-06-2005, 05:59 AM   #4
imported_SELWA
RCC Pro Contributor

Count me in. I only have my FG now but I'm sure there room for it!
Old 09-06-2005, 06:39 AM   #5
imported_FIREFOX
RCC Senior Contributor

There are three polls, guys.

Please place your vote for all three polls, not just one, we want a to have a good idea of how many people want to go, who would want to pay and who would go more than once.

Thanks all.

PeacE!

HPI Savage X 4.6
Spektrum DX 2.0
Old 09-06-2005, 07:50 AM   #6
Abiye
RCC Pro Contributor

I am: joe blow

1) i live in brampton so i'll drive for sure
2) i'll be out at the least twice a week
3) as far as membership fees i think the best way to do it is to have a membership fee that will get you discounted track fees so that it will be worth it for people who come often... also for those who can only come out a few times they don't have to get a membership they can just pay the regular track fee... so as an example you can charge a membership fee of 100 but that gets you a discounted rate per track day of 5 bucks instead of the regular 10... this formula i think will satisfy everyone and get the most number of people out to the track...

i don't think you'll have a shortage of people who are willing to get this thing rolling, myself included...
Old 09-06-2005, 04:03 PM   #7
Gump
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Brian Belanger

Total Props: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIREFOX
1) Are you willing to drive out to Brampton?
2) How many times do you think you will attend between June to October?
3) How much are you willing to pay for a membership fee to pay to use the track? (Proceeds will go to track maintenance and rent to use property)
1) Yes - no problem
2) I would likely attend weekly, and possibly more. Practise makes perfect.
3) An all inclusive membership fee? Unlimited track time? $150.00 for the season
3) A seasonal fee with discounted track fees? $100.00 one time and $5.00 per visit
3) Pay per play should be $15.00 for a full day (weekend) or $10.00 for 1/2 day (weeknight if thats possible)

Just my opinions on fees.

A word of caution - NOBODY is interested in plunking down a membership fee for something that is on shaky ground. It would be reassuring to know if this track would be residing on someone's private property and will not only be there for the whole season, but will be taken care of. Track maintainance is a bitch and forking over the dough for a membership just to show up and find puddles on the track from last nights rain or errosion eating away the jumps or large heavily concentrated rock collections from lack of maint. would be very annoying.

Is this thing on someone's private property, or is it intended to be a business for someone? Is it far enough away from neighbour's residences and businesses that noise and dust will not be an issue? What days, holidays and hours would this place be open to the public? Who would be responsible for the maintainance of this track? Facalities? Power? Organized races? Parking? Lots and lots of questions!
Gump is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-06-2005, 04:47 PM   #8
tefflawn
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Ron Ally
Radio of choice:
Z103.5 & Flow 93.5 toronto
# of RCs: 5

Total Props: 2
Thumbs up i agree with gump

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gump
1) Yes - no problem
2) I would likely attend weekly, and possibly more. Practise makes perfect.
3) An all inclusive membership fee? Unlimited track time? $150.00 for the season
3) A seasonal fee with discounted track fees? $100.00 one time and $5.00 per visit
3) Pay per play should be $15.00 for a full day (weekend) or $10.00 for 1/2 day (weeknight if thats possible)

Just my opinions on fees.

A word of caution - NOBODY is interested in plunking down a membership fee for something that is on shaky ground. It would be reassuring to know if this track would be residing on someone's private property and will not only be there for the whole season, but will be taken care of. Track maintainance is a bitch and forking over the dough for a membership just to show up and find puddles on the track from last nights rain or errosion eating away the jumps or large heavily concentrated rock collections from lack of maint. would be very annoying.

Is this thing on someone's private property, or is it intended to be a business for someone? Is it far enough away from neighbour's residences and businesses that noise and dust will not be an issue? What days, holidays and hours would this place be open to the public? Who would be responsible for the maintainance of this track? Facalities? Power? Organized races? Parking? Lots and lots of questions!
i agree with gump after all this will be an inclosed area no houses around plus u have to pay rental on the washroom stales plus they will be use generators for power plus there will be parkin for everyone no one will be able to see the cars from the street this is a track and there will be a place to bash spot also so for the money i agree with gump and i 'am especally in.to pay such a cheap price for so much fun is PRICELESS u guys should know what i mean.MY WIFE SAYS MY FACE LIGHTS UP WHEN I WANT TO GO OUT AND PLAY AND BASH.LOL.U GUYS KNOW WHAT I MEAN SO "M IN FOR SURE NOMATTER WHAT THE COST
tefflawn is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-06-2005, 05:19 PM   #9
ayk_driver
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Andrew C
Radio of choice:
Old School FM... Futaba mainly
# of RCs: 5+

its good to hear u guys have sumone offering to help build a track... but i have one word that can almost blow the whole plan out of the water... INSURANCE..... if the guy who is gonna build it doesnt have it... sumone gets hurt... ur f*cked...... but to get it is gonna cost alot......

i would luv to see this happen as i may be living in brampton soon... and i wanna play sumwhere good luck guys
Old 09-06-2005, 05:24 PM   #10
imported_k1e1v1i1n
RCC Pro Contributor

i'm sure some kinda waiver could take care of that and were in canada here if u get hurt go get it fixed . if u get hurt so bad u miss more then a day of work i guess that could b a prob for some ppl but i dont think that happens much . but i guess anything can happen . but i dont see how it would b any diffrent then if we were just off somewhere in a feild and someone got hurt .
imported_k1e1v1i1n is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in