Learning to fly - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Beginners / Newbies Interested in getting in the hobby. Not sure where to start. Post your questions here and one of the RCCanada experts will be glad to help you out!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-11-2014, 01:54 PM   #11
AndyB
RCC Junior Contributor

I am: And B

Total Props: 0
Re: Learning to fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeT View Post
Hi Andy,

I meant to answer you, but work got in the way of the hobby. You're actually lucky that you're not starting out in the old days, because with the influx of inexpensive airframes that are ready to fly, you can literally buy everything in one week, and be on the field by the next weekend.

Let us know if you want to fly "Glow" powered stuff or the new electric. I'll gladly assist in pointing you in the right direction, and there are pro's and con's to each.
Unless they call me back yet again I no longer have the problem of "work getting in the way of the hobbies", I am permanently out of work. I hate the pigeon hole effect of the word retired
Power is a question I have yet to answer, I have dabbled with nitro in land vehicles a couple of times but got tired of the constant tuning plus the mess. On the other hand I like the noise of an internal combustion engine especially in a scale plane.
Once the season is in full swing I'm going to have to visit a field to help answer some of these questions.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in