RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Scale Aerobatics Scale Aerobatics/IMAC in Canada

Old 10-20-2009, 08:16 PM   #11
Gsxr
RCC Master Contributor

I am: Mike M

Total Props: 0
Re: 50cc size suggestion

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
All I'm gonna say is EXTREME FLIGHT YAK 88" or EXTREME FLIGHT Extra 300 They would be your best bet.

Mike
DLE Engines
Gsxr is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 10-20-2009, 09:10 PM   #12
VA6WGO
RCC Senior Contributor

I am: Will
Radio of choice:
Futaba 32MZ
# of RCs: 5

Total Props: 15

Look at the Slick 540 designed by Andrew Jesky, I don't have one my self but the specs look really good in the 89" Slick. I know 3D hobbyshop carries them.

Cheers,

Will
Falcon Props
VA6WGO is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-20-2009, 10:39 PM   #13
scaleguy
IMAC/SA or NOTHING!
★ Site Supporter ★

I am: JimmyD
Radio of choice:
JETI Duplex DS-24
# of RCs: ?

Total Props: 59

Chad,

If you ar looking ro 3D perhaps that forum would have been a better choice to post in.

This is IMAC baby... we are all about prcission here. Sure there are some huckers here lurking but better answers might be had in the the 3D Forum.

Curious.... how a Preccission Pilot becomes interested in the unruley no discipline areana of huckin?
MAAC #14323L IMAC #3678

Windy you ask? I have Whitecaps on my Coffee, YOU be the Judge!
scaleguy is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 10-21-2009, 12:22 AM   #14

Total Props: 57

Thanks for all the suggestions so far, I think I am leaning to a 260, not sure which one yet but the Deitrich looks good. The EF extra is up high there as well....lots of websites to go through now

AJ's Slick is a good model I am sure, but I have been friends with Andrew for many years, and compete against him in F3A I don't want to get one and have to admit to him that it flies good LOL.

Jim, I have flown 3D for a long time, long before it was "huckin", and always have a couple of models to play with. I just thought I would try something a little bigger. I only seriously fly F3A for about 3-4 months so I have to have something else to do the rest of the time
Guest is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-21-2009, 01:00 AM   #15
scaleguy
IMAC/SA or NOTHING!
★ Site Supporter ★

I am: JimmyD
Radio of choice:
JETI Duplex DS-24
# of RCs: ?

Total Props: 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by can773 View Post
Thanks for all the suggestions so far, I think I am leaning to a 260, not sure which one yet but the Deitrich looks good. The EF extra is up high there as well....lots of websites to go through now

AJ's Slick is a good model I am sure, but I have been friends with Andrew for many years, and compete against him in F3A I don't want to get one and have to admit to him that it flies good LOL.

Jim, I have flown 3D for a long time, long before it was "huckin", and always have a couple of models to play with. I just thought I would try something a little bigger. I only seriously fly F3A for about 3-4 months so I have to have something else to do the rest of the time
No problem Chad.

Pound for pound I think EF is hard to beat.... course I lean ... no fall over for the Yak.. The Extra is a precission airframe.

A guy in our club has been rippin the sky open with the 42% Dietrich Slick 540 with DA 170 on cans. Boy does that puppy float.

In your hands I am sure any airfarame will excell.
MAAC #14323L IMAC #3678

Windy you ask? I have Whitecaps on my Coffee, YOU be the Judge!
scaleguy is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-21-2009, 05:33 AM   #16
Randy Brown
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Randy Brown

Total Props: 4

I take my 50cc Krill Katana over anything out there

Oh you know you affraid to admitt it brother

Quote:
Originally Posted by can773 View Post
Hi all,

Figured I would ask this here since probably where most of the guys flying these planes look

I am curious to know what peoples thoughts are on the best 3D performing 50cc ARF available is? I don't follow these planes much, and know there is a ton of selection...are they all the same?

I dislike the appearance of Edge's, so its out. I would prefer something like a Suhkoi...Yaks are nice but there are so many of them. Maybe a Slick?

It will be electric powered, I have a Pletty Terminator on the way...so I don't care if it will fit brand xxx motor under the cowl, or cans in the fuse

No Randy, I am not flying IMAC....this is just for giggles
Old 10-21-2009, 05:50 AM   #17
TBrum
BBT
★ Site Supporter ★

I am: Trevor B
Radio of choice:
Jeti
# of RCs: 10+

Total Props: 62

My vote is the EF 88" size planes! I have the red/white/black Yak, but I had a good chat with the owner of EF last year at Toledo and he tells me the Extra300 is a better 3D plane than the Yak (as well as a better IMAC plane). I can`t imagine a better 3D`r than the Yak.

I`ve had a ton of 50cc planes so far and EF is my choice.

As for the Deitrich, I have a 42% Slick 540 with DA150 (tomorrow, the 170 gets installed). The Deitrichs look good, but the quality just isn't there and the covering is terrible compared to planes like EF that are covered in genuine Ultracote.

Just my 2 cents. Either way, tough to beat any of the new ARF`s these days!!

Cheers

Trev
TBrum is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-21-2009, 07:36 AM   #18
always flying
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Manny H
Radio of choice:
Futaba 2.4
# of RCs: 5

Total Props: 10

Chad,

Not sure how fast you want your plane,but i know Great Hobbies has some EG aircraft in stock and some new ones on the way...seen an ad in the new MAAC mag...also checked their site...a new slick,260,mx2..some decent planes too: found a build thread over on FG's planes come all carbonfiber's up!

mannyh

FUTABA 18SZ
always flying is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-21-2009, 09:43 AM   #19
BigBreeze
RCC Senior Contributor

I am: Marc B
Radio of choice:
JR9303
# of RCs: 6

Total Props: 0

Chad,

Do some research on the Dietrich's...there are some quality issues noted with them on other forums.

I fly the EF88"Yak (w/DL50), great quality airframe, hovers hands off, minor wing rock in upright harriers, none inverted. Nice flat spins, tumbles (waterfalls) okay, but i need more elevator throw.

My next plane will be a 35% Extra 260 & DLE111. I think 260's are beasts!
BigBreeze is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-21-2009, 10:44 AM   #20

Total Props: 57

Sounds like the Deitrichs are out

Seems like the EF are by far the favorites! I know they work electrified, since I my friend in Belgium Benoit Derickx (can't speeeel his name though) has done the 88" Yak with a Pletty Terminator on it.

I spoke at length with him about the plane etc. while practicing together in Portugal, he is very happy with it, and like most guys in F3A he is picky, so they must be good!

Are there any EF dealers in Canada or is it always out of the US? Anyone have a NIB one they want to part with LOL
Guest is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in