Ottawa Valley Giant Scale Funfly - Page 3 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Events Discuss your local events, events attended, etc...

Old 08-26-2015, 09:34 AM   #21
f6hlct
RCC Apprentice

I am: Dave P

Total Props: 3
Re: Ottawa Valley Giant Scale Funfly

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
I would like to thank everyone who came to our 28th Annual Ottawa Valley Giant Scale Event in Kingston this year. The weather was a sunny 23 with virtually no wind, and 107 pilots registered. Without a doubt, this had to be one of the best weekends of the summer.

The campers started arriving on Wednesday with the parking lot absolutely full by our Saturday official start date. By looking at the pit area, you would think you were at a fair ground with all the people and tents setup. The flying started shortly after our pilots meeting and anthems were sung. Of the well over 200 planes you would have to say that it was a good mix of all types on the ground and in the air. The same went for the pilots. It was good to see that those new to an event like this were encouraged in the air alongside the veterans.
As we have done in the past, we shut down the regular flying at 12 for a group photo and then this year we let the warbirds entertain us with a mass fly accompanied by the music from the Battle of Britain. It was so well received that requests came in to do it again later Saturday afternoon.

The rest of the day was steadily filled with flying from all skills of pilots and once again no midair mishaps. The flight line traffic bosses made of volunteer pilots did an outstanding job of keeping the flight line organized watching that pilots followed the proper traffic pattern.

At 4:30 we did the closing ceremonies for the day and commenced with the pilot draws for prizes. The flight line banner displayed all the sponsors and this year was especially well supported. As was mentioned at the opening pilots meeting, we did so again at the closing that every sponsor on the board represents their advertising dollars at work and they deserve our support when it comes to making purchases.
For the last few years, we offered an incentive to early register, and this year’s prize was a DLE 30 engine of which we had 69 pilots who took advantage of this free offer. It helps us pre-process your registration and lets you just pick up your package on arrival and you’re ready to fly.

The prize draws were awesome and all you had to do was look at the sponsor banner at the flight line and you will see who to thank for this. I’m sure that more will be taking advantage of this next year.
Our Saturday evening dinner was once again catered by the Kingston RC Modelers and they are getting really good at it. At the hands of a professional chef to elevate standards, you know that it is always going to be great as this year was. BBQ chicken, rack of ribs, corn on the cob, baked potato, plus salads and desert had the making of a feast to remember.
This year was especially noteworthy with the host field of the Kingston RC Modelers celebrating their 50th anniversary. This is quite an accomplishment and they really outdid themselves with a live band and not to mention the perfect weather to go along with it. The music was well received and had several people singing and even some dancing. The whole evening was a great treat as it was, but being able to celebrate one of their founders and absolute pillars of the club with a 75th birthday tribute was over the top and brought emotional tears to many. A large cast KRCM emblem was given to Rolly Siemonsen of which I am sure he will cherish for a long time.

I want to thank all the pilots for attending and making this the premier event that it has become. I also want to thank all the volunteer’s that helped out to bring this event together.
Please mark your calendars for next year as it will be August 20 - 21 2016 and we would love to see you again.

Don’t forget to checkout our site for some great photos as they come in.

http://giantscalecanada.com/Kingston_post.html

Thanks
Dave Penchuk
dave.penchuk@sympatico.ca
GiantScaleCanada.com

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 08-26-2015, 12:05 PM   #22
cloudniner
Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★

I am: Richard N
Radio of choice:
Graupner MC28 & MC20 & MZ-32
# of RCs: 24

Total Props: 32

Dave

I would like to give you a "virtual" pat on the back for your efforts in this event. Good on you!

Can't wait for next year.

Richard
MAAC 7965L
cloudniner is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-26-2015, 12:34 PM   #23
ken park
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Ken Park

Total Props: 7

Woooo! TMI with all this virtual touching - Can we tone down these Bromances - But yes Bravo Zulu and well done Dave - Sorry Dave if I went to far there!

PS: had a lot of guys looking at my GP Escapade with the 33cc EVO - Guess I was the first to get one flying at your event - Nice photos Larry

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudniner View Post
Dave

I would like to give you a "virtual" pat on the back for your efforts in this event. Good on you!

Can't wait for next year.

Richard
MAAC 7965L
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	INGR1841.JPG
Views:	38
Size:	38.2 KB
ID:	692313  

Last edited by ken park; 08-26-2015 at 12:41 PM.
ken park is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 08-26-2015, 01:25 PM   #24
cloudniner
Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★

Radio of choice:

"Woooo! TMI with all this virtual touching - Can we tone down these Bromances - But yes Bravo Zulu and well done Dave - Sorry Dave if I went to far there"

I had to look up Bromances as I have never heard of that phrase. I guess you have!

"The relationship between two heterosexual males who spend inordinate amounts of time together, do all the same things and like all the same things."

Dave is a great guy BUT!

Chill out man.

P.S. Dave if my vitural pat on the back offended you in any way I am truly sorry.
Old 08-26-2015, 01:42 PM   #25
ken park
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Ken Park

Total Props: 7

So I guess we can still call it the OVGS Scale Funfly when:

"The relationship between 107 registered heterosexual males pilots who spend inordinate amounts of time together, do all the same things and like all the same things."

Apparently Iam very much old school and didn't get alot of hugs growing up! I could really use a virtual hug right now lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudniner View Post
"Woooo! TMI with all this virtual touching - Can we tone down these Bromances - But yes Bravo Zulu and well done Dave - Sorry Dave if I went to far there"

I had to look up Bromances as I have never heard of that phrase. I guess you have!

"The relationship between two heterosexual males who spend inordinate amounts of time together, do all the same things and like all the same things."

Dave is a great guy BUT!

Chill out man.

P.S. Dave if my vitural pat on the back offended you in any way I am truly sorry.
Old 08-26-2015, 04:48 PM   #26
cloudniner
Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★

Radio of choice:

"I could really use a virtual hug right now lol"

Anybody???
Old 08-26-2015, 05:50 PM   #27
cicopo
RCC Pro Contributor

I am: Larry
Radio of choice:
Spektrum

Total Props: 42

I'll give you a HUG. According to my wife men (other than football players) seem to be doing it a lot more these days. A congratulatory hug seems pretty common after someone accomplishes whatever they were trying to do. AND this was such a successful event a lot of people deserve that hug.
Old 08-27-2015, 07:55 AM   #28
Larry Pierce
RCC Contributor

I am: Larry T
Radio of choice:
Spectrum 10T
# of RCs: 10

Total Props: 2

Hello There:

I enjoyed my-self , had a good time meal was great.

Larry
Old 08-28-2015, 10:00 AM   #29
plowboy
RCC Expert Contributor

I am: al h
Radio of choice:
futaba
# of RCs: 20

Total Props: 0

Hey Rich, Only if you shave. LOL.... It wasn't your 75 th was it ?..... Sounds like a good show.. I am putting it on the calendar for next year I see a few of our club members from the Bluewater R/C Flyers made it this year, Maybe we can entice a few more for next year. Take care my friend... Al
plowboy is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-28-2015, 10:40 AM   #30
cloudniner
Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★

Radio of choice:

Quote:
Originally Posted by plowboy View Post
Hey Rich, Only if you shave. LOL.... It wasn't your 75 th was it ?..... Sounds like a good show.. I am putting it on the calendar for next year I see a few of our club members from the Bluewater R/C Flyers made it this year, Maybe we can entice a few more for next year. Take care my friend... Al
Hi Al

If I shaved no one would know me! LOL

Would be great to see you at the meet. I could show you what you taught me all those years ago.

Rick

P.S. I hear you wanted to buy Walt's Fly Baby. You can fly mine anytime you want.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1DM34286.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	651.2 KB
ID:	693345  

Last edited by cloudniner; 08-28-2015 at 10:49 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in