Air Hogs Storm Launcher. - Page 3 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Electric Flight Discuss Electric Flight in Canada

Closed Thread

Old 11-25-2006, 11:11 AM   #21
yabut

Total Props: 0

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Well i picked one of these things up at crapy tire and i will give it a try
no ailerons just motor input for turning so i dont think it will be too exciting
looks pretty flimsy too but is nice and lite
ill get some pics maybe if it is any good at all
wont be for a day or 10 because it is cooooold here now
ill probably end up taking it back after i do some r and d with it to come up with a good spad design
yabut is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 11-28-2006, 01:56 PM   #22
ubergolf

Very nice. Let me know what you come up with.

ubergolf is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-28-2006, 02:25 PM   #23
benjhind
RCC Supreme Contributor

Aah.... I didn't see this thread! I picked one of these up at Zellers (89.99) for my grilfriend's brother for Christmas (Split on it with her and her mom)... I hope he likes it, he's been saying forever that he wants one, and I told him to buy a trainer. Oh well, if its garbage, its garbage... Its at his mom's house, I'd better make sure it came with the LiPo, or else its going back...

Ben

"I keep planting planes, but they just won't grow!"
benjhind is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 11-28-2006, 02:51 PM   #24
ubergolf

Prolly without the LiPo pack. Hope you have better luck with it than I did.

Peace.
Old 11-28-2006, 04:34 PM   #25
Vulcan1
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: John Davidson
Radio of choice:
EVO(12), Futaba
# of RCs: ?

Tony,
Don't feel bad if you got your money back Was talking To Brian(Yabut) the other night and he mentioned he bought one to play around with. He is not a trainer type as I trust him to fly mine. He was commenting on certain things which I won't repeat except you can not turn it sometimes and the throttle is spring loaded so you can not go into cruise or part throttle.
To me it is the same as a lot of toy's out there. Play with it, break it and Dad will buy a new one. With ours they are more complex and we worry about braking them. As I am a scratchbuilder I know what I put in the bird and trust it or I don't fly. A lot of these items are made with reject electronic parts and as long as they have some range(across the room) they are ready to go.
Sorry for ranting but I have salvaged some things from items like this and when you open them parts don't match between the two.
John
Old 11-28-2006, 06:55 PM   #26
ubergolf

Oh no. Don't get me wrong John. I'm not bitter. I got my money back and that's thanks to the good folks @ Wal-Mart/Zellers. I just felt let down or misled on the....ummm...vehicles advertised ability. Don't you worry 'bout me. I'll get back in soon.

Cheers guys.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in