Scarborough, meets 2010 season, lets get it rolling - Page 2 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Clubs, RC Tracks, Events & Bashing meets Radio Control Clubs in Canada Radio Control Offroad & Onroad Tracks. RC Car Races, Events & RC Bashing Chat

Old 03-28-2010, 08:08 PM   #11
Resound
RCC Apprentice

I am: Herbert C

Total Props: 0
Re: Scarborough, meets 2010 season, lets get it rolling

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Btw, if event is happening, rmb to take some pictures and upload to this thread!
Resound is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 03-28-2010, 09:39 PM   #12
nitroheli
RCC Senior Contributor

Well drove 100 km within the local area and to tell you the truth, there are two spots that are just awesome, Really really nice.
One of the areas was the posted pic of Rodick rd and Yorkteck, this place is really big, nice thing is that is smooth surface no many hill transitions one single man holes per lot and easily out of the way, huge area to build really fast and technical tracks for both 1/10 and 1/8 scale.

There is also another smaller place but may be busy during the weekends as is looks to be a convention / religion center. I will re-chech it and get some aerial shots of it, Its around 14th and Kennedy. But the Rodick rd and Yorkteck is really a great place and I hope that its not too far out of evberyones way.
Myself Im located in Scarborough, Warden and Finch area so if carpool is required then stuff can be worked out,.

Cheers and good night...
Rob
Old 03-29-2010, 08:18 AM   #13
nitroheli
RCC Senior Contributor

I have just sent a email to Rona sponsorship directory and Hopefully we may hear back from them.

I will keep you posted on all updates and or if a meeting is to be scheduled.

Letter is as follows:

Good day Rona team.
I would like to take a minute of your time in regards to a special request, As you may or may not know, There are a few home improvement centres across the GTA that have opened there doors to sponsorship for remote control racing on there lot during the weekends.
This participation by the home improvement centres allow the public to bring there vehicles to the parking lot at a designated area and race there vehicles.
As you may not be aware but there is a large group of people they not only enjoy the thrill of racing but also enjoy being spectators.
For the past 5 Years within GTA the world of hobby remote control vehicles has rapidly grown into a family sport. Budgets for family sport enthusiasts have set some limitations in regards to recreational fun time, however many have been introduced to racing and remote control sports, This increasing popular pass time has now shown huge potential for everyone to profit from it.
As I would like to keep this short for a intro, this is where we are looking for sponsorship from you and the location 3750 Midland Scarborough ON, M1V 4V3.

We would like to have your permission to set up a short racing track on the pavement at an area that is not subject to much traffic yet still allowing people to visually see the action at the same time keeping safe from traffic going and coming from your centre.
We would be purchasing building and maintenance materials from this location such as wood and cleaning products and ground keeping products.

We are not asking for anything from Rona Canada other than allowing us to build a temporary track on the days that we would have scheduled events. We would however ask for permission to store the products and material that we use to build the track at your facility. The products that we would be using would consist of strips of wood which would include 1" thick by 4" wide by 12' long. This would be used for side walls of the track, Measurements are still on the drawing board as to how many pieces will be required. The overall track size would be approximately 50' by 80' This would be marked off with side walls and a outer wall that would keep the vehicles in and would be a layout for a race track. The vehicles that would be running on it would be power by both electric and or nitro methane ( remote control racing fuel ) the sizes of the vehicles would be sorted by class which would vary from 30mm to 80mm long cars. Each vehicle is equipped with safety features that would not allow the vehicle to loose control and or radio frequency contact. The classes would also be sorted out by not only size but by overall experience, this would allow all to enjoy the service that you are offering. All products and vehicles would be each and everyone responsibility and under no liability by Rona, They would need to meet my general safety standards and no inappropriate behaviour would be tolerated. This whole service that we want to offer is for the general public that enjoy RC to come out and enjoy team sports, to enjoy the thrill of competition and to be able to do it in a safe and controlled environment.

If you are interested in learning a little more and would need field layout Please feel free to contact me via email or at my home number.
If you wish for us to have a meeting in person please feel free to contact me and we can schedule up the time that is convenient for both of us.

Thanks again for your time and interest

Rob Dyer
(416) 490-7928 home
(416) 498-1911 ext 2405 work

Old 03-29-2010, 11:17 AM   #14
Resound
RCC Apprentice

Rodick rd and Yorkteck rd definitely sounds like a good place, because it can actually track people's attention (located behind First Markham Place, which operates on holidays and weekends as its a Chinese Mall). The only problem is the permission. It seems like its an open parking lot but we are not sure who owns it and we might require permission. I live in the Agincourt neighborhood and so it depends if my parents will have time to give me a ride or if they let me use the car. So as for April 2nd, plans changed and now i might be able to show up depending on bus schedule back to Toronto.
Preference:
location - Rodick rd and Yorkteck rd Parking lot
Time: 1-4/5 pm
Class: 1/10 scale electric touring TA05ver2
Old 03-29-2010, 11:37 AM   #15
nitroheli
RCC Senior Contributor

I doubt that this place gets used up by clients for the First Markham place as its still a good walk away. Its more likely to be used by the buildings that are just north of it which seam to be offices or a folks home..
Again seams to be just you and I Resound that have been posting so unless we get a few more included I wouldn't make a special bus trip as it would not be worth all that time.
As I said, I have contacted Rona Canada for sponsorship through there contact email however will be communicating directly with this Rona location to see if we can get the ball rolling. So yes I know many of us are very eager to run but its still very early and lets focus on doing it right.

Cheers
Rob
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	lot rc possible location.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	90.4 KB
ID:	73702  
Old 03-29-2010, 03:15 PM   #16
nitroheli
RCC Senior Contributor

If approval goes through, here would be the layout area for the track(s) I would be requesting both short truck offroad track ( no huge jumps ) but more or less a auto corss track and a onroad technical 1/10 1/8 street track.
Lets keep the fingers crossed and hope that Roana Canada and Rona Midland would grant this area and support our addiction to RC racing.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	track location Rona.JPG
Views:	74
Size:	47.1 KB
ID:	73724  
Old 03-29-2010, 03:33 PM   #17
Resound
RCC Apprentice

Ya, lets just hope that the area is granted because the location is definitely better than Parking lot behind First Markham Place. In addition, its a more 'organized' meet. So I assume that event on April 2nd wont happen unless we can get minimum of 4-5 people.
Old 03-29-2010, 04:21 PM   #18
Pharcyed

Don't a bunch of guys from driftercentral already race at Midland Rona? I believe they go on Friday nights although I've personally never been.

I'm good for Friday from 8am till around noon where ever it happens.
  Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-29-2010, 04:28 PM   #19
Resound
RCC Apprentice

Pharcyed, will your friends be interested in for friday event as well?
Old 03-29-2010, 10:16 PM   #20
nitroheli
RCC Senior Contributor

Just a quick FYI.
this is my list of vehicles that are on my shelf which I will be running this year since i had to thin down the pack a lot....

1/8 Ofna DM-One Spec
1/8 Ofna Pro modified two speed
1/10 Team Magic G4S with LPR.12Z spec IV
1/16 Micro street brushless Lipo

I will be looking at a HPI sprint 2 Flux to be electric powered 1/10 scale for you guys...

But since I have been running my DM-One well its hard to go back to anything else....LOL

Cheers
Rob

Last edited by nitroheli; 03-29-2010 at 10:18 PM.
nitroheli is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in