Tower Hobbies 75 rocks!! - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Engines Discuss engines

Closed Thread

Old 08-23-2004, 08:09 AM   #1
Fastsky

Total Props: 0
Tower Hobbies 75 rocks!!

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Tower Hobbies 75 engine is looking good! I bought one of these to try, as I wanted an inexpensive power plant with more punch than a 60 for my new GP Stuka 60. The recent comparison tests of the 60 size engines also placed the Tower engines in the top as far as power and price. For $10.00 more than the 61 I went for the 75. There are the usual production issues. The throttle barrel wasn?t turning smoothly and seemed to be scraping. I removed the throttle barrel and found slag at the bottom of the throttle barrel. I polished it out with a Dremel polishing bit and it now operates smoothly. The next problem is that the muffler bolts mount from the muffler side into the engine casing. This means that in order to tighten down the inside bolt I had to cut down the L part of an Allen key. It is also true that the engine is very tight out of the box and in order to get the engine to turn over the first time, you need to heat up the head with a heat gun immediately prior to starting. Once you have a tank through it however, it will turn over the same as other 60/75 engines. During the first tank run the muffler bolts and the fast speed idle screw assembly started to come apart. I used lock tight on the needle valve parts and shake proof washers and lock tight on the muffler bolts to solve these problems. I used a Kaos 60 for the test bed with impressive results. The engine starts very easy, has tremendous power and transitions well. With an APC 12-6 on the nose I tested the vertical to see how far it would go. I had to stop the test, as there was no sign of the plane slowing down and I was losing sight of it on a clear day! I checked the fuel usage on a 16 oz. Tank after a high speed 8 minute flight and was happy to see that it had only used about ¼ tank fuel! Good power and fuel efficient as well! I made a slight carb adjustment for my second flight on the Kaos and the engine ran just as smooth but had a lot more power. I am now confident that this engine qualifies as a reliable and powerful warbird engine!
Fastsky is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in