Whatever happened to Cox? - Page 7 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Control Line and Free Flight Discuss Control Line and Free Flight modeling here

Old 03-27-2016, 02:44 PM   #61
michaely
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: michael o
Radio of choice:
JRx8103, FrSky Taranis, Horus 10x and Aloft Hobbies single stick w/FrSky X10s parts
# of RCs: 20

Total Props: 83
Re: Whatever happened to Cox?

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Ditto what Alan said about coxinternational.ca in British Columbia being Hobby King's supplier.

On the coxinternational website there is a link to a forum which is a very good information resource for all things Cox and, to a lesser extent, other small engine brands.
http://www.coxengineforum.com/

I still have a lot of Cox stuff.... and will still pick up a "good buy" at a swap meet although I find that the Russian Norvel line of .049, .061 and .074 displacement engine, as come with designed in with venturi throttles and mufflers, are hard to beat from a performance viewpoint if you was a muffler and throttled engine in this weight class.

Paul Gibeault from Leduc has a post in this category, saying he has control line Cox and other small engines and Cox glow heads for sale and I gather he can be contacted at his personal email
michaely is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 03-31-2016, 08:59 PM   #62
williame3590
Administrator
★ Site Supporter ★
★ Site Supporter ★★ Administrator ★

I am: William A
Radio of choice:
Futaba

Total Props: 116

Very excellent people to deal with.

Bill
Old 04-28-2016, 08:55 PM   #63
john mantova
RCC Apprentice

I am: john M
Radio of choice:
Futaba 6 ch
# of RCs: 14

Total Props: 0

What about the screaming turbines
john mantova is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 04-30-2016, 12:34 PM   #64
Max
Administrator

I am: Max P.
Radio of choice:
JR and Spektrum

Total Props: 232

Noise complaints are not only based on volume but exposure.

a singing gnat of an 049 all day and all afternoon going round and round in the field next door would definitely pis off the neighbors.

In this day and age, I am surprised some people still believe they can make whatever noise they want and the neighbors should just put up with it and not complain about it.

A Harley comes and goes. Then its gone. A bunch of noisy planes flying in someone's "back yard" will eventually get on everybody's nerves. MAAC put in a muffler rule back in the 70's(?) for a good reason.
If you cant be a good neighbor then accept whatever fate comes your way.

My Aircraft Albums: https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/album.php?u=13173
Max is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-30-2016, 05:01 PM   #65
OLD PRAIRIE RED NECK
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: MERVIN BURKINSHAW
Radio of choice:
HITEC
# of RCs: 13

Total Props: 336

Back when I was knee high to a grasshopper The call of the "singing gnat" in the neighborhood schoolyard or park of an evening had doors opening and people coming from all up and down the block to watch. It nearly always turned into a neighborhood social event!

Now-a-days folks are too self absorbed and narrow minded to embrace the free entertainment and fellowship that it used to foster.

We have progressed as a society to this? Yup! Too bad!
Old 05-01-2016, 02:51 PM   #66
Max
Administrator

I am: Max P.
Radio of choice:
JR and Spektrum

Total Props: 232

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD PRAIRIE RED NECK View Post
Back when I was knee high to a grasshopper The call of the "singing gnat" in the neighborhood schoolyard or park of an evening had doors opening and people coming from all up and down the block to watch. It nearly always turned into a neighborhood social event!

Now-a-days folks are too self absorbed and narrow minded to embrace the free entertainment and fellowship that it used to foster.

We have progressed as a society to this? Yup! Too bad!
Hey! That's how I got started in CL as a kid. I didnt know what that noise was but my sister did. She said "Go to the highschool- there are kids flying planes there" OMG I ran there as fast as I could. I fell in love with CL and right there and then decided I wanted a model as soon as I could get one ( I was 6 at the time)

Later when I flew 049 CL in school lots, My friends and I were the ones drawing the kids to us.

I don't know what happened to kids since then. Now when we fly park fliers, kids don't come running anymore. They walk past, glance our way, shrug, and keep going, noses buried in their Ipdads or mobile phones. Very few kids express an interest in planes, but lately I notice they do seem to come over and ask more questions about the 250 drones than they ever did about park-fliers.

My Aircraft Albums: https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/album.php?u=13173
Max is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-01-2016, 04:15 PM   #67
BryGuy
Level 2 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★

I am: Brian P
Radio of choice:
Spektrum, ORX, Exceed
# of RCs: 9

Total Props: 15

I was about 9 or 10 years young and saw complete box sets, Mustangs, Spitfires etc. Battery, a can of gas, control line and handle a starter flip stick. My little hobby shop had several of these for the kids of Dads who were into the hobby buying early R/C gear. All plastic and they didn't hold up to too many crashes, but for the price, was easier to buy a new plane. That is why we ended up with a dozen of these baby engines. We would put them in home built free flight airplanes we built from plans in magazines. Ive been hooked in this hobby from an early start. http://shankrc.com/wp-content/upload...02/cox-P40.jpg
BryGuy is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-01-2016, 08:24 PM   #68
OLD PRAIRIE RED NECK
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: MERVIN BURKINSHAW
Radio of choice:
HITEC
# of RCs: 13

Total Props: 336

Out here lots of stores carried Cox and Gillows stuff. MacLeod's, Wool Co, Eatons, Woolworth's, Sears etc...

I had the yellow and blue PT trainer and later a pink Shoestring racer because it looked so cool and fast. Too heavy though as you had to swing it on the line as well as the engine peaked to get out of ground effect!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in