Bigger Eflite Blade MSR - Page 2 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Heli Discussion Discuss general topics on rotary wing aircraft, including construction, Servo's, Gryo's and Stabilizer discussions. Heli Pro Shop

Old 07-25-2010, 10:15 AM   #11
xviper
RCC Apprentice

I am: Oc V
Radio of choice:
2 cans and a string
# of RCs: 150

Total Props: 3
Re: Bigger Eflite Blade SR

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Quote:
Originally Posted by hs748 View Post
You don't think Eflite takes SR as meaning single rotor?

I guess CX doesn't mean co-axial either, then?!?!?!
My point is that we don't know what Eflite intended. Why would Eflite name a new product "Blade SR". It bears no resemblance to the mSR in any way.
OK, I'm not going to keep this up. You obviously have your own ideas on this. Time will tell if you are the only one. You can refer to it in whatever way you wish. The problem is, others may not know what you're talking about.
BTW, it's a "120 SR" not "SR 120". It's a small matter but it may be significant.
Signing off this dead end road.
xviper is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 07-25-2010, 10:15 AM   #12
hs748
Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★

I am: J.S.
Radio of choice:
Spektrum
# of RCs: 8

Total Props: 12
Re: Bigger Eflite Blade MSR

At any rate, I'll be adding one to my current fleet of:

Two Trex 450's, Trex 450 clone, Trex 600, Raptor 90, Blade MCX2, Blade MSR.
hs748 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-25-2010, 10:17 AM   #13
hs748
Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★

I am: J.S.
Radio of choice:
Spektrum
# of RCs: 8

Total Props: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by xviper View Post
My point is that we don't know what Eflite intended. Why would Eflite name a new product "Blade SR". It bears no resemblance to the mSR in any way.
OK, I'm not going to keep this up. You obviously have your own ideas on this. Time will tell if you are the only one. You can refer to it in whatever way you wish. The problem is, others may not know what you're talking about.
BTW, it's a "120 SR" not "SR 120". It's a small matter but it may be significant.
Signing off this dead end road.
Off course, you are right. I apologize for thinking otherwise!
hs748 is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 07-25-2010, 12:59 PM   #14
wparsons
RCC Master Contributor

I am: Will P
Radio of choice:
DX8
# of RCs: 15

Total Props: 1

Quote:
If I called it a bigger MSR, you would have said it's not an MSR!

And by the way, they do call it an SR - an SR 120!!
Actually, I refer to it as a big mSR all the time... If you look at it, it looks like a scaled up mSR in every aspect, except the 5 in 1 unit.
Old 07-30-2010, 11:26 AM   #15
Stumblebee
RCC Noob

I am: John B.

Total Props: 0

Quote:
Looks like the Eflite marketing/development departments are up to it agian!
I had to chuckle at the write up for this one. Wasn't the MSR originally touted as being able to fly in a 5 mph wind? Didn't Eflite put up a couple of videos with the original MSR supposedly doing just that? Now I see this new version of the MSR is supposed to be suited for outdoor flying. I can't wait to see the highly edited Mark Padilla video!
Stumblebee is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-30-2010, 12:00 PM   #16
xviper
RCC Apprentice

Radio of choice:
2 cans and a string

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumblebee View Post
I had to chuckle at the write up for this one. Wasn't the MSR originally touted as being able to fly in a 5 mph wind? Didn't Eflite put up a couple of videos with the original MSR supposedly doing just that? Now I see this new version of the MSR is supposed to be suited for outdoor flying. I can't wait to see the highly edited Mark Padilla video!
My MSR can't fly in a room from the turbulence created after someone farts.
Poor Mark had such a tough time from the Blade SR episode, I'd be surprised if he's going to do much for this 120SR.
Old 07-30-2010, 07:35 PM   #17
Stumblebee
RCC Noob

I am: John B.

Total Props: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by xviper View Post
My MSR can't fly in a room from the turbulence created after someone farts.
Poor Mark had such a tough time from the Blade SR episode, I'd be surprised if he's going to do much for this 120SR.
I guess I am on the opposite side of this one. I don't feel sorry for Mark Padilla at all. I remember his CX3 video and if you watched it very carefully, you could see all the editing that was done on that one. If you actually owned a CX3, it became very clear that there was a difference between the video and reality. I also remember one of his videos where he was flying a bird in what was probably his home. The dining room in that place had a table that seated ten people! Padilla is not hurting one little bit. The Blade SR video was just a downright lie. I place no credibility in a Mark Padilla video.
Stumblebee is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-31-2010, 07:14 PM   #18
xviper
RCC Apprentice

Radio of choice:
2 cans and a string

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumblebee View Post
I guess I am on the opposite side of this one. I don't feel sorry for Mark Padilla at all. I remember his CX3 video and if you watched it very carefully, you could see all the editing that was done on that one. If you actually owned a CX3, it became very clear that there was a difference between the video and reality. I also remember one of his videos where he was flying a bird in what was probably his home. The dining room in that place had a table that seated ten people! Padilla is not hurting one little bit. The Blade SR video was just a downright lie. I place no credibility in a Mark Padilla video.
I guess I should have put in a smilie after my post .................... something like ....
I don't feel sorry for him at all. I think those SR vids featuring his marketing pitch hooked more than just a few noobs. Many people got sucked in by the stick slamming technique he showed, making beginners everywhere think they could actually take the thing out of the box and "fly" it with ease. WHAM, BAM, thank you ma'am. No parts for weeks. Busted SRs scattered all over N. America.
Only now, as the SR is being picked up be intermediate to expert heli pilots, have some contentment with the product begun to surface.
Any vids to come from Eflite and Horizon on this 120SR will be viewed with caution and skepticism.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in