Old 12-03-2012, 09:47 AM   #21
trfourtune
RCC Noob

I am: rob
Radio of choice:
none-control line

Total Props: 0
Re: vintage control line

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Robert,
you could use .008 lines if you use the 1.5cc. but don't use them if they get damaged in any way. 52' would be about right, maybe less. It would be a good start point. Take 1" off the nose of the akromaster. shortening the nose has been a general consensus. With a 15., the general opinion is to lengthen the wing to the full length of the leading edge that comes in the box. I have one in progress that I am putting a mvvs 1.5 diesel on, I have the standard wing length but I did take 1" off the nose. you need a small tank if you shorten the nose. With the diesel, I only need 1 -1.25 oz tank.
Rob

Last edited by trfourtune; 12-07-2012 at 10:36 AM. Reason: additional info
trfourtune is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 12-03-2012, 10:12 AM   #22
johnav8r
RCC Junior Contributor

I am: John C- MAAC 5526
Radio of choice:
JR
# of RCs: 9

Total Props: 1

Bill
How be I frame up one of these converted to U/C?

4- House of Balsa T6 Texan 44'' span 15 to 19 power 50.00
5- '' '' ME 109e 36'' span 0.49 power 30.00
6- '' '' '' P-51 Mustang 36'' span 0.49 power 30.00 ea 2 available
7- Stirling Guardian U-control 36'' span 29 to 60 power 25.00
8- Miss RJQM Mustang 38'' span 15 to 19 power 50.00
9- Model Tech China Clipper(not a float plane) 51'' span 25 to 40 power 75.00
Old 12-19-2012, 12:02 AM   #23
ModelBuilder
RCC Senior Contributor

I am: Bill H
Radio of choice:
DX9 iX12 DX18
# of RCs: 50+

This model from the list for sale :

7- Stirling Guardian U-control 36'' span 29 to 60 power 25.00

is a great profile fuselage control line model that normally sells for about $75 on Ebay as it is both collectable and foremost flyable. Put a .35 to .40 engine on it and away you go. It is already a control line model. You do not need to build it as a Carrier event model. In Carrier the model is set up with a throttle and tail hook and is intended to catch 1, 2 or 3 arresting wires in a slow speed, nose high attitude. A line slide can be used to pivot the lines back along the c of g in a nose outward as well as upward attitude. This is where the big .60 size engine comes into play. In any case for carrier the model must have 3 line throttle control handle set up for Carrier event. The model is taken off and makes normal and high speed laps and then the speed and attitude is transitioned using the throttle equipped control handle in conjunction with a 3 line bellcrank, flaps and throttle to achieve the slow speed and nose high attitude where it then drops the arresting hook and traps the arresting wires. I have two of these Carrier models made by Dumas. Both are Crusaders with I beam anhedral wing and tails. Very Cool.

Or just use an OS LA .46 with 2 extra head gaskets and run it in a wet 2 cycle manner for regular stunt control line. Use a CL or RC version locked open throttle. You can give it the butrate doping. Mastercraft Navy Blue spray can and matching iron on Navy Blue shrink material on the wings. Quick and effective. Personally I would do the dope and silkspan finish through and through as was intended but you can finish it how you like as long as the fuselage is painted and protected from the oil in the fuel. A great sport with it's own distinctive group of guys that make it all happen.

Control line is Big Fun.............Bill

Old 12-19-2012, 11:09 AM   #24
Robert J
RCC Junior Contributor

I am: Robert G
Radio of choice:
SD10G
# of RCs: 10

Hello Bill,

Have enjoyed c/l in the past & would like to start to fly again.Will have to start at the begining again as it has been a long time.I take it that the model you are selling is still in kit form.If you are willing to ship to Alberta I will buy it from you.Have a supertigre .40 or fox .35 or even a fox .40 I could put on it.If you have any of the accessories that are required to finish this model i.e bellcrank, fuel tank etc & could sell these as well it would be great.Have silk & dope that I have used on the Nobler but are not going to fly the Nobler till I have had some experience on more of the trainer types.

Appriciate any helpfull information.Robert
Robert J is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 12-20-2012, 04:19 AM   #25
ModelBuilder
RCC Senior Contributor

I am: Bill H
Radio of choice:
DX9 iX12 DX18
# of RCs: 50+

All the help I needed I found here. These guys are an excellent group of control line flyers. I think they fly RC too but they don't talk about it on this forum. No cliques or prima donnas. This group pulls people from all over to make you feel like you have a community even if you only ever fly alone................Bill

http://www.clstunt.com/htdocs/dc/dcboard.php
Old 02-07-2013, 04:15 PM   #26
pgibeault
RCC Junior Contributor

I am: Paul G.
Radio of choice:
JR

Total Props: 5

If anyone has a model that comes complete with fuel tank, lead out lines, handle & lines , the complete package that I could build & have a chance of of getting airbourne maybe it will all come back,also have .40 size ST & Fox,s & Fox .35 stunt that i could use.

HI, I have ALL OF THE ABOVE! You want Noblers ready to go? I only have seven of them.
Beautifully built, with Fox 35, S/T 46, O.S 46LA, & Merco .60... I have lines, handles, spares & most everything C/L for sale. BUTT, you gotta pick them up. No way to mail a Nobler & expect it to survive!
If still interested, email me at pgibeault@shaw.ca for more info & photos... I'm in Leduc.

Cheers, Paul
pgibeault is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-15-2013, 05:31 PM   #27
johnav8r
RCC Junior Contributor

I am: John C- MAAC 5526
Radio of choice:
JR
# of RCs: 9

Bill, the Peace Maker is just about ready to cover.
Build thread on RC Groups old timers.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in