Axial 28rr VS Axial .32....... which one? - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Offroad RC Discussion RC Offroad chat for truggies, buggies, short-course and more. Topics may include brands like Associated, Kyosho, Tamiya, Axial, Traxxas and more.

Closed Thread

Old 10-14-2007, 10:51 PM   #1
intoxicated
RCC Master Contributor

Total Props: 0
Axial 28rr VS Axial .32....... which one?

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
which one has better overall performance
obvious that the 28rr has more top end (i think its 7 port)
axial 32 has more bottom end (displacement)

price vs power?

comparison for both torque and hp?

which one would you get for your truck or buggy?

-Jammin X1CR FT
- NT18 + M18
- Nitro RS4 18ss
intoxicated is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 10-15-2007, 07:32 AM   #2
tefflawn
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Ron Ally
Radio of choice:
Z103.5 & Flow 93.5 toronto
# of RCs: 5

Total Props: 2
Smile .28rr

how are u.my self ran the 28rr in my truggy at great canadian hobbies race on the weekend,it ran great.any jump it came to it cleared no problem.the only thing is fuel mileage i pitted every 6 to 6 1/2min should have run a.21.with the.32 sure lots & lots of power but the fuel milege will be unreal,sucks alot of fuel.price not much difference
Old 10-15-2007, 11:14 AM   #3
imported_ekashyap
RCC Junior Contributor

I have an axial .28rr Spec1 with 1.75 gallons for sale for $125. Great condition. Sealed with high temp silicone everywhere. Brand new glow plug plus extra brand new glow plug(os . PM me or check my ad in the for sale section. Oh btw runs great and has tons of compression.
imported_ekashyap is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 10-15-2007, 11:29 AM   #4
Stalker
RCC Pro Contributor

I am: Jeff F

ouch my eyes..... lol

If it's going in a buggy I wouldn't go with either. I'd get a .21. If it was going in a truggy I would go with the .28 since that's the largest "legal" race engine for truggy at most races. If it's not an issue (or you don't race) then go for which ever you prefer, but as Ron said you'll be putting more fuel in with the .32.
Caster ZX1.5R Pro, EX1.5R Pro, SK10 Pro
Stuck to the dirt by VP Pro Tires
Stalker is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-15-2007, 06:26 PM   #5
imported_jathca
RCC Apprentice

yeah as far as fuel consumption/ run time goes , there was about three to four minute difference between the .28 that came with my truggy and the o.s. .30 thats in there now ( that's more than 25% difference) 10 +min vs.6-7min.I don't race (well , just for kicks) I had to go up three teeth on my clutchbell so the low end was controlable and top speed is now at least the same as the rtr engine.When I get bored of the crazy acceleration, i'll be putting the .28 back in.....anyone want an onfa .28 ?? lol. I say if it's just for fun, go big, you only live once.
imported_jathca is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-23-2007, 08:03 PM   #6
imported_petes66
RCC Contributor

Iam thinking of pitting the .32 in my savvy, it has a .25 in it now with a 3 speed tranny. I hope there will be a big difference with power i bash so speed is not a big deal i want the bottom end power for when i put my jumbo kong tires on. Also iam thinking of the longer tvp's not sure if its a good idea? I just want a big bad basher so i think this is the way to go, anyone else have any tips. Thanks
HPI E-Savage
HPI Firestorm
HPI Nitro RS4 3ss
HPI Savage X
HPI Savage XL
Traxxas T-Maxx 3.3
Traxxas E-Maxx 16.8
2 JR XS3 Pro
imported_petes66 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in