Jet Pilot's Organization - What's going on? - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Electric Jets Discuss electric jets in Canada.

Old 02-11-2014, 01:20 PM   #1
JDJetJock
RCC Junior Contributor

I am: Jeff Daly
Radio of choice:
Jeti, JR 12X

Total Props: 1
Jet Pilot's Organization - What's going on?

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Good Day Guys & Gals,

First, I would like to thank those Canadian jet pilots for renewing their JPO membership for 2014! Cheers!

For those of you who don’t know much about JPO or are curious what JPO could do for you, please read on.

The JPO has been facing the challenge to ensure its mission and future objectives are made known across the jet community at large. Internally, the JPO Board has recently re-examined itself to identify what it should be doing for you, and as a result many great ideas were supported that JPO would like to pursue. Mr. Keith Sievers, the JPO President, outlined in the recent Contrails magazine an excellent synposis of JPO’s modern-day mission and where it wants to go, including a request for help.
http://www.jetpilots.org/contrails/C...all%202013.pdf

Here are some brief highlights:

• JPO represents you by actively participating in regulatory, rule-making, insurance, and safety related aspects of jet modelling to ensure it makes sense. Yes, this is US/AMA centered, but AMA does and can greatly influence jet modelling in Canada. We are fortunate in Canada to have a great MAAC Jet Committee that supports common sense regulation and safety aspects for this great hobby in Canada, and interfaces well with the AMA for your participation in US jet events. All the same, JPO has our six.

• JPO is here to provide assistance and guidance to new and seasoned jet pilots. Online, JPO has an informative “knowledge bank” of tech articles and reviews, and intends to expand it, including the creation of video clips to reduce the learning curve for new pilots. At events too, fellow members and I don’t hesitate to help other jet pilots to ensure their success. I’m also an email or phone call away.

• JPO would like to expand into the electric jet arena. Electric jet popularity is growing very rapidly and JPO would like to recruit more expertise to better support the electric jet community. For example, from the legendary nitro DF days I have an unbuilt Trim Aircraft Spectre kit with a Ramtec fan that must have big-block electric performance to outrun the BVM e-jets! I’ll likely write a build article for JPO…but I will need credible advice for the powerplant/ESC!

• JPO does have a website and issues a quarterly Contrails magazine to deliver event coverage, new happenings with regulations/safety issues, technical articles, aircraft flight reviews, etc. I’m fortunate to have past JPO Rep, Paul Dries, in BC to help with tech articles and jet event coverage out west, and I appreciate event write-ups & photos from event CDs for events that I miss. Let’s face it, we all like to see our pride and joy in a national US/CAN magazine!

• JPO would like to expand more into areas such as emerging technologies (3D printing, etc) and gain sourcing for lower cost parts and components by leveraging volume discounts for its members. I like the sound of that!

• JPO promotes camaraderie. Having fun, helping each other out and being social are what really make jet modelling a great hobby. To promote that, JPO sponsors, free of charge, the “JPO Top Gun Trophy” that can be awarded by myself or the event CD to a deserving jet pilot at each event. It’s a very attractive trophy funded through JPO membership. Event CDs can contact me if they wish to have one for their jet event this year.

So, I encourage you to join JPO. Your membership gives JPO a voice and allows it to accomplish its mission. Furthermore, if you would like to contribute in any way, such as event coverage, writing tech articles, conducting training seminars…all these things will be well received and most appreciated. If so, please contact myself at dalyfamily4@bell.net or Keith Sievers at pilot114@mac.com.

Oh yeah, for new members, or if you hadn’t renewed in 2013, you are entitled to a JPO T-shirt to thank you for spending $25USD for annual membership. I find it easiest to renew online:
http://www.jetpilots.org/index.htm

Cheers,
JDJetJock is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 02-11-2014, 01:35 PM   #2
ken park
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Ken Park

Total Props: 7
Re: Jet Pilot's Organization - What's going on?

Hi Jeff

Your very welcome to pitch a tent at the Rideau Flyers club on June 21 and show your stuff to all the EDF pilots who will be there for FAN-FAIR 2014 Big or Small all EDF'ers welcomed!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	TNF86.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	151.1 KB
ID:	234623   Click image for larger version

Name:	PH3F16TCat.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	250.7 KB
ID:	234624  

Last edited by ken park; 02-11-2014 at 01:41 PM.
ken park is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-12-2014, 01:32 PM   #3
JDJetJock
RCC Junior Contributor

Radio of choice:
Jeti, JR 12X

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken park View Post
Hi Jeff

Your very welcome to pitch a tent at the Rideau Flyers club on June 21 and show your stuff to all the EDF pilots who will be there for FAN-FAIR 2014 Big or Small all EDF'ers welcomed!
Thanks Ken. I'll put that in my plans for the summer!

Cheers,

Jeff

Old 02-13-2014, 02:36 PM   #4
j-c terrettaz
RCC Master Contributor

I am: j-C T
Radio of choice:
PB Core
# of RCs: 10

Total Props: 10

Hello Jeff,
I just joint JPO , see you in the spring.
Ken this is you new F16 ? , i like the paint , Kevin donate me is PH3 , withe ..time to be painted!
j-c terrettaz is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-13-2014, 03:18 PM   #5
JDJetJock
RCC Junior Contributor

Radio of choice:
Jeti, JR 12X

Quote:
Originally Posted by j-c terrettaz View Post
Hello Jeff,
I just joint JPO , see you in the spring.
Ken this is you new F16 ? , i like the paint , Kevin donate me is PH3 , withe ..time to be painted!
Excellent JC. Thanks for your support! I look forward to flying with you this Spring.

Cheers,

Jeff
Old 02-13-2014, 04:16 PM   #6
Mit
RCC Junior Contributor

I am: Mitch L
Radio of choice:
Walkera Devo
# of RCs: 10

We'll see you there! Can't wait
Mit is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Tags
electric jets , jpo

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in