Electric Flight Discuss Electric Flight in Canada

Closed Thread

Old 12-26-2005, 07:28 PM   #1
Bryan Mailloux
RCC Master Contributor

I am: Bryan M

Total Props: 2
foamy

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Here is my newest build. I hope to have it in the air soon.

All up weight is 13.1 oz with a axi 2212-34 and 830 c-cell.
Done up in the redbull scheme
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	my_red_bull_382.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	71.9 KB
ID:	13163  

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 12-26-2005, 08:40 PM   #2
KC8QVO

Total Props: 0
Hey, thats pretty neat, Bryan. I am guessing its a scratch built? The only other foamie that is designed like that is the GP Flat Out Edge 540, but it has a bit different color scheme. Be sure to let us know how it flies. Some advice though, wait for a super calm day. I have the GP Flat Out Extra 300s and it is kinda like trying to fly a paper airplane in any kind of wind

Steve
KC8QVO is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 12-26-2005, 10:35 PM   #3
NorseHammer
RCC Expert Contributor

I am: Moe N.

3DFaomy?

Well it looks like it could be a "3DFoamy" Edge 540, they even give the plans away free online. http://www.3dfoamy.com/edge_540.htm I've built two so far, they fly great, take a bit of wind no problem, and are easier to see in the air than the smaller shockies.

S.P.A.D.s, Fibreglas & Balsa EDF's, Foamies, Brushless powered and nitro balsa planes, they're all in my hanger, just don't explain what it all means to the mrs, eh?
NorseHammer is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 12-27-2005, 06:41 PM   #4
Bryan Mailloux
RCC Master Contributor

foamy

Yea thats the edge from 3d foamy. I have seen this combo fly and it is awsome. That's why I had to build one. Slighty modified.
Old 12-27-2005, 07:00 PM   #5
NorseHammer
RCC Expert Contributor

Mods

What are your mods? I've got a 3D Foamy Pitts SC2 to build, the old style not with the "G Force" wing. They came out with that stiffer airfoil wing shortly after I ordered my last three pack of planes from them. My next three pack will probably include their F14 swing wing jet, I've got a pair of GWS EDF fans with HiMax 2015-5400 motors looking for a home. not quite sure what the other two wil be at this time. Ordering three at time keeps the freight cost down and there's allways something to look forward too.

Norse

S.P.A.D.s, Fibreglas & Balsa EDF's, Foamies, Brushless powered and nitro balsa planes, they're all in my hanger, just don't explain what it all means to the mrs, eh?
Old 12-28-2005, 06:08 PM   #6
Bryan Mailloux
RCC Master Contributor

mods

I followed a fellow flyers major mods. I kept cut the fuse in half and the x brace turned into one piece. I then tooth picked the fuse bottom, slid x brace over the tooth pics then slid on the top fusalage half.
For the landing gear I used lite ply and recessed the landing gear to prohibit twisting of the gear.

I also used flat carbon fibre to strenghen the wing on the L.E. plus some good hollow carbon fibre on the C.G.

No extra carbon in the fuse.
Old 12-28-2005, 09:51 PM   #7
NorseHammer
RCC Expert Contributor

Sorta Confused

I'm sorta confused (wifey says it doesn't take much to confuse me) by the description of the mods, any chance of some detail pictures?

Here's my stock 3D Foamy Katana below it's weakness seems to be the landing gear, unless you come in really gently it snaps off, and as a consequence theres a lot of glue in the landing gear mounting area now. The pics were taken last spring, the belly is not like that anymore I'll try and get a current pic posted tomorrow.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	katana_colours_836.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	31.3 KB
ID:	13197   Click image for larger version

Name:	katana_bent_snoot_598.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	29.8 KB
ID:	13198  

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in