RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Engines Discuss engines

Old 05-17-2017, 06:15 AM   #21
floyd
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Floyd S

Total Props: 87
Re: O.S. BGX Flame Outs

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Always make sure the head bolts are tight. I've had a few of my own 120's with loose head bolts when I checked them. I've used some blue Loctite to keep them tight. Cheers Floyd
floyd is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 05-17-2017, 08:36 AM   #22
Youngguy
RCC Contributor

I am: Bruce B
Radio of choice:
Futaba 12Z & 18MZ

Total Props: 4
Re: O.S. BGX Flame Outs

Quote:
Originally Posted by volksman View Post
No not this particular engine. Rcexl 1/4 32 spark plug with your same set up. Will give better combustion of fuel. Can run leaner. Something simple as a gasket leak introducing air can cause rough idle transition etc with out flame out all the time..70 dollars and about an hr would install it
I have and it works well as I indicated in a earlier post. Tried it with both a gasoline Walbro carb and the standard OS carb. Ended up using the OS carb with my own fuel mixture of methanol and 10% Koliz oil (don't need nitro with ignition). Used this engine and fuel combination for years in a 88" spitfire flying it in Scale Masters competitions. Very reliable with a good idle and mid range.
Youngguy is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-23-2017, 05:41 PM   #23
Raptor30V2
RCC Apprentice

I am: Jason
Radio of choice:
DX6
# of RCs: 3

Total Props: 0
Could be bad bearings that will put the flame out. If you notice any rattle or you need to run richer to keep temp down it is most certainly the bearings.
Raptor30V2 is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in