Old 10-22-2005, 12:19 PM   #81
ronm
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Ronm
Radio of choice:
Futaba
# of RCs: 10

Total Props: 0

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Oh yeah, and there is a little known bylaw in our city that does not allow the flying of model airplanes within city limits.
I can't remember if the law specifies internal combustion engines.
So if something does happen, big-time lawsuit, and no defence!!!

Flying Tigers RC Club
"Flying an airplane is just like riding a bike...except it's harder to put cards in the spokes"
ronm is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 10-22-2005, 12:29 PM   #82
ronm
RCC Supreme Contributor

Radio of choice:
Futaba

Found it, city of Hamilton By-law.
Most cities have similar by-laws.

"Model Aircraft and Rockets

22. While in any Park, no person shall operate any powered models of aircraft, rockets, Watercraft or Vehicles unless authorized by Permit.

So that's it.
Period.
It's illegal in Hamilton.
I would check your local by-laws, if I were you.

Flying Tigers RC Club
"Flying an airplane is just like riding a bike...except it's harder to put cards in the spokes"
Old 10-22-2005, 02:06 PM   #83
j-coles

i have no doubt of the laws etc in my area but my real concern is whether or not my local park could accomidate a MAAC sanction so that insurance etc would apply

if permission is given there will be a weight/size restriction mentioned in any proposal that i may submit

thank you for that thought

j-coles
j-coles is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 10-22-2005, 02:22 PM   #84
ronm
RCC Supreme Contributor

Radio of choice:
Futaba

You could apply for a permit, but I think you may only be able to get a "single event" permit; it may be difficult to get a permanent or even a yearly permit.
Worth a try though, if you want to fly legally in your local park!
Without a permit, if you had an accident, I don't think you would have a leg to stand on!

I'll have to check the reg's in the new city that I'm moving to, to see if I can fly my park-flyers locally.

Flying Tigers RC Club
Old 10-22-2005, 02:46 PM   #85
j-coles

mmmm seems my area has no restriction on gliders but propelled power is out but only with- out authorization

j-coles
Old 10-22-2005, 05:13 PM   #86
ronm
RCC Supreme Contributor

Radio of choice:
Futaba

Be careful....they may consider a high start....or even a hand launch, as propulsion!
It's open to interpretation.

Flying Tigers RC Club
Old 10-22-2005, 07:42 PM   #87
j-coles

yes ,i know of the risks but just for fun i did some digging today to see if i should feel guilty about flying my gliders at the park

please know that i have no intention of doing this but my findings are of interest

as far as motors ,,there out ,but as i said earlier gliders from what i can tell are a go ,,including highstarts partly becuase even the commisioner is unable to define some of the terms

VEHICLE includes an automobile, motorcycle, motorized snow vehical and all terrain vehical and any other vehical propelled or driven otherwise than by muscular power,but does not include the cards o electric or steam railways or other motor vehicals running upon rails or otherwise tethered .

realizing that i cant get any futher questions answered by the city on a saturday led me to contact a local guy i know that is involved in the local kite club [boy have you seen there spiders web of twine] he informed me that kites are not a problem in city parks becuase there tethered and that when they question the commision about dropping candys for the kids from the kite thet were told to be carefull lol

mmmmm, so if a fellow wanted to he could head out with his unlimited size sailplane ,,pull back to line for his hand luanch[with a little muscle involved ,,,remember its big] and fly with no guilt at all

now before im told that this would only be a fools choice check out what risks playing baseball can be, never mind lawn darts!

NO PERSON SHALL throw or in anyway propel in a city park any stone, ball or other missile or projectile in such a manner as may cuase injury or damage to or endanger any other person or property in the city or to interfere with the use and enjoyment of a city park by any other person

pretty much common sence,,am i right?? boy that sounds familiar!

is it open for interpertation ,,YES it sure is ,,this could include many forms of activity

i would be more than willing to bet that a sharp laywer could twist it around to be either in your favour or not but my point is playing most activities in the park are equally dangerous when it comes to liability

more food for thought ps,, im going to give the city a call on monday and maybe have a look at maybe starting a one time park fly ,,in the park ,, to be honest ,im getting very tired of being made to feel guilty about flying my so-call foamies around while most other common activities present equal dangers

it might be entirely possiable to have use of these spaces even if its restricted to silent flight

j-coles
Old 10-26-2005, 10:40 PM   #88
pipercub
RCC Apprentice

I am: Robert B

No here's a Park flyer.....Big Park

http://www.aerotech-rcmodels.com/Pro...xtra300xs.html
pipercub is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-27-2005, 05:24 AM   #89
j-coles

Quote:
Originally Posted by pipercub
No here's a Park flyer.....Big Park

http://www.aerotech-rcmodels.com/Pro...xtra300xs.html
should change the name too;GOODthinghesRICH, or maybe EGO BUSTER

I guess once you get to that stage you gotta give up flying otherwise the most logical step would be to get your own [chicken ]butt into a plane

j-coles
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in