Fiberglass cowl for the Great Planes 330L - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Giant Scale Aircraft Discuss Giant RC Scale Aircraft.

Closed Thread

Old 01-20-2005, 01:39 PM   #1
Richie. H.

Total Props: 0
Fiberglass cowl for the Great Planes 330L

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
I have a Great Planes 330L kit that came with a damaged cowl, does anyone know where I can get a replacement cowl other than Great Planes. They will be out of stock for a few months they say. Does Steve Weber make a cowl for this kit, or Aeroglass, and how do I reach them?
Thanks........
Richie. H. is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 01-20-2005, 03:03 PM   #2
flysrcs
~~BANNED PEOPLE~~

I am: Dave .
Radio of choice:
DX 18

Total Props: 5
Richie H,
Steve Weber and Aeroglass are the same identiy. How do I reach them.
I walk down the street from my brothers when I'm in Langton. . Try your LHS as Steve doesn't sell the the public.
Dave
flysrcs is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-20-2005, 04:32 PM   #3
Richie. H.

Well I just called Steve and he does not make it. So I may just have to repair this one and wait for the one from Great Planes to get here, If it ever does

Well just tryed http://www.stansfibertech.com/ he has it. Any one ever try his cowls. I hear they are not as nice as Steve's .

Old 01-20-2005, 06:16 PM   #4
insomniac
RCC Senior Contributor

I am: Eric
Radio of choice:
JR / Futaba
# of RCs: 20

aeroglass

hello ive talked to steve in person and yes he does sell to the public, I inquired about a goldberg chipmunk cowl he said his price was $32.95 and would also sell me a blem for $20.00 plus ship it to me, And i believe he does have cowls for 330L,s Heres his Ph# 1-519-875-1533,
insomniac is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-20-2005, 07:11 PM   #5
Richie. H.

Yes I did call him and he does not. My 330L is the 35% one. He makes other large scale Extra 300 type cowls but not that one. Thanks....
Old 01-20-2005, 07:29 PM   #6
flysrcs
~~BANNED PEOPLE~~

I am: Dave .
Radio of choice:
DX 18

Total Props: 5
My memory is poor

Insomniac,
I need to start taking some of the memory drugs that I give to my residents at work. Your right about the seconds I'm sorry. I bought a goldberg sukio and a TF gold edition corsair may years ago. His seconds are better then some first runs that I have seen.
Dave
flysrcs is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-20-2005, 08:04 PM   #7
davida
RCC Contributor

I am: David A
Radio of choice:
spectrum DX18
# of RCs: 4

Total Props: 1
Cowl

Hi Richie

Ed W ordered a decathalon cowl from stansfiber tech. Its ok but requires lots of sanding.

Dave
davida is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-21-2005, 08:13 AM   #8
Richie. H.

Hi Dave, yes I remember something about that, I just was not sure what one it was, thanks.

Well the Extra is coming along, just wanted to find another cowl for it. Actually the cowl I have is not that bad, its made from polyester resin, which makes a very light but flexible cowl and it has a large depression and blemish on the top. I used some very thin ply epoxied on from the inside, when the epoxy dried it heated up like it does and pulled the depression out and then conformed to the flat peace of ply wood. Looks OK now, with a little filler and sanding all will be fine.

Also did not make it out your way after all to get the plans for your Extra. To busy around here! I am starting on my plans now and if you are going to the next Stetsons meeting bring them along, would like a look.

See ya...............
Old 01-21-2005, 11:04 AM   #9
insomniac
RCC Senior Contributor

I am: Eric
Radio of choice:
JR / Futaba
# of RCs: 20

Re: My memory is poor

Quote:
Originally Posted by flysrc
Insomniac,
I need to start taking some of the memory drugs that I give to my residents at work. Your right about the seconds I'm sorry. I bought a goldberg sukio and a TF gold edition corsair may years ago. His seconds are better then some first runs that I have seen.
Dave
How much for the memory drugs i think i need some too, yeah he doesnt make 330L cowls just 300,s
Please leave price for drugs in canadian funds,
insomniac is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-22-2005, 09:20 AM   #10
davida
RCC Contributor

I am: David A
Radio of choice:
spectrum DX18
# of RCs: 4

Total Props: 1
cowl

Richie

I'll be going to the meeting. Myself ,Ed,Dan and Gerry usually meet at the hobbyshop around 5:00and go for dinner down the road before the meeting. Why not join us and I'll bring the plans

Later
Dave
davida is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in