ronnieo
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Ron
Radio of choice:
Futaba
# of RCs: 23

Total Props: 19
Re: Toledo RC Expo 2010

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
As Dennis said... We were really happy to see people lined up three deep to haul away fistfuls of Ontario Adhesives Products at bargain prices. Congratulations Chris...hope ya cleaned up lotsa US cash as I saw.
Those still out of town...stop by 9 Mile and Van Dyke in Michigan on the way back and see Prop Shop for even more reduced prices than Toledo.

Eg. Horizon Hobbies... Hangar Nine Twin Otter... $399 at Toledo...$379 at P.Shop
Hangar Nine Mustang ARF with retracts... $199 at Toledo.... $189 at P.Shop
Hitec 2.4 Conversion Kit... $114 at Toledo... $99 at Prop Shop
ParkZone Stryker... $170 at Toledo... $159.99 at Prop Shop
ronnieo is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 04-11-2010, 07:10 PM   #42
MarkToo
RCC Master Contributor

I am: Mark E
Radio of choice:
JR 12X
# of RCs: 20+

Total Props: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2flyrc View Post
Some of the display models were outstanding. There are still some very fine craftsmen out there. If Graham Mears new F-16 didn't win, I don't know what you'd have to do!!!

Mike
I agree. Great looking plane Graeme - outstanding in class, if not best in show.

This was my first time to the Toledo show and it was impressive. The factory representation was pretty good. I was hoping to see Morgan fuels, K&S products and Century/Funkey but, they were absent.

Horizon had a great booth with a lot of reps to answer questions. On display was the VibeSG electric. That's going to be a world class machine due out in the summer. The DX8 was absent, but the 11X was getting positive reviews. JRPropo president Shoji Kayama was quietly mingling in the crowd too.

We went to the ETOC after dinner and watched some amazing indoor flying. There were also opportunities for some of the manufacturers to showcase their products by pro pilots in between the heats of competition - very entertaining.

I didn't buy anything myself, but may have to start putting some money aside for that E-Vibe...
Old 04-12-2010, 06:09 AM   #43
planecrazy
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Chris R

Total Props: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnieo View Post
As Dennis said... We were really happy to see people lined up three deep to haul away fistfuls of Ontario Adhesives Products at bargain prices. Congratulations Chris...hope ya cleaned up lotsa US cash as I saw.
Thanks Ronnie,

We did very well, as a matter of fact we didn't come home with ANY product! We launched a new product, water based fibreglass finishing resin, it was a big hit! Sold out of it by Sunday morning.

I bought a Wowplanes Typhoon, its made of styrofoam I plan to use the new adhesive on it as a demo plane. I was demonstrating it on the horizontal stab of my Firefly, its VERY nice to work with, no smell, nice hard finish, easy to sand and cleans up with water!

Old 04-12-2010, 11:41 PM   #44
MmmNitro
RCC Noob

I am: Jim S

Total Props: 0
Sims@Toledo RC Expo 2010

Hi,
I'm curious what sims were demo'd at the expo. In the photo sets that I've seen I know Phoenix sim was there. Any other sims?

Cheers
MmmNitro is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-13-2010, 12:13 AM   #45
scaleguy
IMAC/SA or NOTHING!
★ Site Supporter ★

I am: JimmyD
Radio of choice:
JETI Duplex DS-24
# of RCs: ?

Total Props: 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnieo View Post
Those still out of town...stop by 9 Mile and Van Dyke in Michigan on the way back and see Prop Shop for even more reduced prices than Toledo.

Eg. Horizon Hobbies... Hangar Nine Twin Otter... $399 at Toledo...$379 at P.Shop
Hangar Nine Mustang ARF with retracts... $199 at Toledo.... $189 at P.Shop
Hitec 2.4 Conversion Kit... $114 at Toledo... $99 at Prop Shop
ParkZone Stryker... $170 at Toledo... $159.99 at Prop Shop
Ron,

This info would have ben great PRIOR to the show as I could have stopped in there on the way down.
MAAC #14323L IMAC #3678

Windy you ask? I have Whitecaps on my Coffee, YOU be the Judge!
scaleguy is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-13-2010, 08:07 AM   #46
ronnieo
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Ron
Radio of choice:
Futaba
# of RCs: 23

Total Props: 19
Smile Re: Toledo RC Expo 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by scaleguy View Post
Ron,

This info would have ben great PRIOR to the show as I could have stopped in there on the way down.
Next year Jimmy...next year...don't forget. Or just come down this way, pick up Dennis and he'll show ya some good deals at Prop Shop.
ronnieo is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in