RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Car & Truck discussion General Discussion about R/C topics

Closed Thread

Old 06-20-2007, 06:02 PM   #1
firecatmac
RCC Apprentice

Total Props: 0
new off road rc track

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
I have been talking to the town of newmarket and to mr. frank klees,MMP for oak ridges.talks are going slow in newmarket but still going. but I had a long talk with MR.Klees on sat. night and this talk went very well. He said that we sit down and find location to get a track going. I can a new track coming soon. Ifeel my next step is to find how is willing to suport and help get a new track up and going. plus how will make this track there new home track. with all work am i on the right track??
firecatmac is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 06-27-2007, 02:13 PM   #2
firecatmac
RCC Apprentice

well after 7 day no one is standing up to help? so maybe Iam on the wrong track No one is ready for a new gas track in the Newmarket,Aurora, Richmondhill area.that's OK. I will go ahead and help the nrcc in Newmarket get there ELECT, track up and running Thank to all for reading my thead David Mac Main
Old 06-27-2007, 02:40 PM   #3
Wizard
RCC Pro Contributor

we had the same problem in this area,NO SUPPORT,everyone complained there was no place to run nitro..or even electric for that matter but one of the local buissness let us use his track he had built years ago,there was 4 of us but know one else showed any support,and would rather drive 1-2 hours to race.
so me and the other guys just did our own thing,now i go support the local onroad club..DRCRC and have a blast doing.

but if u can get the town to supply the property thats huge and if no one want to support it well that just crazy our mayor would not even talk about it unless we were a non profit orgination,then he would go to council
Portable Nazcar Track(is here)+ 15 BRP cars
Oshawazees.com

WWW.BRPRACING.COM

OZRACING

D.R.C.R.C
Wizard is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 06-27-2007, 03:22 PM   #4
imported_[evo]

Personally I'd spread the word to any hobbyshops or clubs in your area might be better looking for a bit of support locally instead of on the 'net.

That and never underestimate the work involved, getting the land and support of politicians may be one of the hardest parts, but its by no means the only hard part.
imported_[evo] is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 06-27-2007, 07:29 PM   #5
PeanutButterJellyTime
RCC Supreme Contributor

I'd help if it's near Richmond Hill, it's just a matter of when I can get there because I don't have my G2 license yet

1978 VW Type 1 (Super Beetle) Convertible
PeanutButterJellyTime is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 06-27-2007, 07:46 PM   #6
imported_Sledder
RCC Contributor

Talk to Henry at Zoom Room and get some feedback there.
I believe this was tried in Newmarket about 2 years ago and it didn't fly.

Maybe try what Ron T did and see if the drive-in in Sharon is wanting to make a deal. Liability is a huge factor and I can't see the town wanting to take a chance on anything.
REVO 3.3

Mayhem Buggy 26
RC18B
Phantom Offshore racer 33"
Blade CX2 Heli
imported_Sledder is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-03-2007, 08:57 PM   #7
firecatmac
RCC Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sledder
Talk to Henry at Zoom Room and get some feedback there.
I believe this was tried in Newmarket about 2 years ago and it didn't fly.

Maybe try what Ron T did and see if the drive-in in Sharon is wanting to make a deal. Liability is a huge factor and I can't see the town wanting to take a chance on anything.
Henry& I are still working on a track sight and will keep on trying. the fact that our MPP Mr. frank klees is getting on board, we will get support and help of the North Newmarket Lions club,and support of members of the Newmarket council. we will make a new home for off road racing. back in the 80s I had racing at the aurora fair I will have racing back in our area again!! I'am going to IRELAND for better part of july I will be back on the job soon. stay tune WE WILL have a track again.
Old 07-03-2007, 09:45 PM   #8
willyhowells
RCC Senior Contributor

i am in. i will help out
willyhowells is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in