OLD PRAIRIE RED NECK
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: MERVIN BURKINSHAW
Radio of choice:
HITEC
# of RCs: 13

Total Props: 336
Re: Full Scale 3D

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
You are giving yourself too much credit here, as a old red neck fart I hate lots of people! In fact I try to hate everbody equally!!
As stated stated before you seem to be missing the point. It's not the planes or style of flying that is the problem - it's the attitude of the person that is hard to take!
As emmisaries of our favorite branch of the hobby it is emcumbent on us to bring these "cutting edge" technoligies to the field & through our attitude, behavior, demeanor ect to leave as many people as possible with a good feeling about the experiance. No you can't make everone happy but every effort MUST be made. That is what grows our hobby!
Boy! Could I tell you a story about the opposite aproach! And it wasn't a 3D guy!
Have been talking to Starduster2, he tells me you are actually a pretty neat guy! So some time on the way through Grand Praire it would be nice to stop & chat & see your style of flying!
Do you frequent the strip just east of G.P. on the south side of the highway?
OLD PRAIRIE RED NECK is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 02-18-2011, 09:28 AM   #22
stardustertoo
RCC Contributor

I am: Ron H.
Radio of choice:
Hitec

Total Props: 7

Quote:
As emmisaries of our favorite branch of the hobby it is emcumbent on us to bring these "cutting edge" technoligies to the field & through our attitude, behavior, demeanor ect to leave as many people as possible with a good feeling about the experiance. No you can't make everone happy but every effort MUST be made. That is what grows our hobby!
Ya know, the old fart has a good point here. And, I can sure see where g.p.'s original argument comes from too. I would imagine for the most part, that guys in the small clubs don't have any issues. I bet when g.p. first started this thread, it was more in jest than anything else, and the old guys who give him a hard tme about not flying scale are doing so in fun as well.

But...I can see where some of the old circle flyers in some of the larger clubs are getting a bit upset. There is quite a few people everywhere you go, and in any hobby/activity, who figure that they have the right to do what they want, and everyone else is in there way. The example that Old Prairie mentions was one such type. Getting into the "latest and greatest" part of the hobby, and when they showed up at the field, it didn't matter who was there already and how many were flying. When this person was ready to fly, everyone else was told to land, because they were going to fly, and they had to have the airspace to themselves. No one was even allowed to so much as run an engine in the pits to tune it up while they were flying, because it might be distracting.

There is a lot of those types of guys around, which is really unfortunate, because they are the ones who can really turn people off of joining our sport. On the other hand, I can guess that if someone was driving along highway 43, just east of Grande Prairie, and saw they guys flying at the field, they would stop in and see a number of different people, flying all different styles, and everyone having a good time. That is what we are all about.
stardustertoo is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-18-2011, 09:46 AM   #23
FastnLow
RCC Junior Contributor

I am: Stacy Conacher

Total Props: 8

3-D or not I can understand a guy wanting to fly on his own if the aircraft is worth way more then the other flyers can afford to compensate him for if they are at fault for a crash. I would not fly anything at the same time as someone flying a beautiful scale bird or unlimited aerobat worth big coin. I respect the time and money they put into there machines and stay grounded till there done. Others usualy extend me the same courtesy.
FastnLow is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 02-18-2011, 10:26 AM   #24
stardustertoo
RCC Contributor

I am: Ron H.
Radio of choice:
Hitec

Total Props: 7

Quote:
3-D or not I can understand a guy wanting to fly on his own if the aircraft is worth way more then the other flyers can afford to compensate him for if they are at fault for a crash
I can absolutely agree with that!! In this case, and a some others though, instead of showing up, and politely waiting until the others were done there flight, and using the lull to do your flight on your own, it was more like, okay I am ready to fly, you guys have to land right now so I can fly. It was all about the attitude. I have no problems allowing someone to fly with no distractions if they go about it with respect for the rest of us. In this case, there was none. It didn't matter that the rest of us at the field had paid the same club fees, it didn't matter that someone had just taken off, when this individual wanted to fly, everyone else had to land right now and let them go. By the same token, another time, we had a different fellow who had the same request while they flew a really nice scale P-51. But, that guy got his airplane ready, and waited around chatting, and watching for quite a while, and then when the other guys were done there flights, he launched and flew. Two identical situations, 2 completely different attitudes. Guess which one had more friends at the end of the day.

I don't care if you have a $50 sport special, or a $10,000 scale extreme. Everyone who pays there club dues has equal right to fly at the club field, period. If you want to fly on your own, well, wait your turn like anyone else would. Don't come in and demand that everyone stop just because you are here.
stardustertoo is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-18-2011, 12:03 PM   #25
FastnLow
RCC Junior Contributor

Well said sir, agree completely. This guy sounds like a real bully, sorry you have that kind of character to deal with.
Old 02-18-2011, 01:13 PM   #26
airbourne
RCC Master Contributor

I am: Jeff F

Total Props: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastnLow View Post
3-D or not I can understand a guy wanting to fly on his own if the aircraft is worth way more then the other flyers can afford to compensate him for if they are at fault for a crash. I would not fly anything at the same time as someone flying a beautiful scale bird or unlimited aerobat worth big coin. I respect the time and money they put into there machines and stay grounded till there done. Others usualy extend me the same courtesy.
Why would anyone have to be compensated? You fly at your own risk, even if you decided to fly an expensive bird at the same time as others, and you can 100% prove another flyer caused you to crash, that still doesn't mean he has to pay for anything. Accidents can and do happen, thats part of the inherent risk in the hobby.

This isn't the American car insurance system we're talking about here.
airbourne is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-18-2011, 09:22 PM   #27
FastnLow
RCC Junior Contributor

If a guy announces he was going to hover and and I stupidly invade his airspace and take him out, I would compensate him.
If I turned on a radio and took him out of the air, I would compensate him.

Wouldn't you?
Old 02-19-2011, 07:28 AM   #28
OLD PRAIRIE RED NECK
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: MERVIN BURKINSHAW
Radio of choice:
HITEC
# of RCs: 13

Total Props: 336

The conversation here has definately strayed from the original topic - which I think we pretty much beat to death anyway!
Airbourne, I think your point is valid. This is a HOBBY! If one has remorgaged the house to get into it, they are taking it way too serious! If you can't afford to lose it, don't fly it!
FastnLow, I admire you ethic! In the instance where one realizes ( boy! am I a Dum-Dum ) That would be the right thing to do. Your the kind of guy we all want to fly with!
Here is another senerio...
Flyer A is practicing rolling circles with his CG Eagle 2.
Flyer B Yells "You can't do that with a trainer!"
B then walks over & demands "Give me that transmitter" & proceeds to scatter Flyer A's plane all over the field trying to duplicate what Flyer A was doing!
Flyer B then hands back a transmitter with a broken stick says "You will have to get that fixed." & walks away!
Yes! This actually happened!!

Last edited by OLD PRAIRIE RED NECK; 02-19-2011 at 07:34 AM. Reason: Add more
OLD PRAIRIE RED NECK is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-19-2011, 10:08 AM   #29
FastnLow
RCC Junior Contributor

Your right, the topic has strayed. Nuff said.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in