Futaba 9C programing ? - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Electronics Discuss radios, chargers, etc...

Closed Thread

Old 04-06-2008, 10:08 PM   #1
cf-drg
RCC Master Contributor

I am: Darren G
Radio of choice:
Airtronics
# of RCs: 12

Total Props: 28
Futaba 9C programing ?

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
I have been trying to set up my aircraft to have flaperons... Right wing in ch1 and left one in ch6...( was going to set up mechanical differential) .... My problem is, I get it set up, but the flap function (on the left side slider) makes the ailerons move up -flap.. This is when the slider is all the way up.. As you slide it down, they (ailerons) go to neutral as it gets to 1/2 way, and then past that works the way a flap should (down).. How do I get rid of this "airbrake" (ailerons in the up position) action..

The next thing I tried was to use the "aileron differential" with the "airbrake" as the flaps (would just reverse the action)..(right wing in ch1 and left in ch7) So that worked fine "but" I could only use the airbrakes on the C switch... I couldn't figure out how to move it to one of the sliders on the side...

I have gone through the manual 3 times, and haven't found anything to help.. What Am I doing wrong, or am I beating a dead horse trying to do this..

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 04-07-2008, 02:23 AM   #2
4*60
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: DSM
Radio of choice:
Radiomaster, Taranis
# of RCs: 14

Total Props: 199
I am very new to the 9C and have been struggling but on Aerofly I set up the AT6 with flaps and flaperon today. Flaps only go down, as desired, and the ailerons are also acting as flaps(deflected down with the switch), small amount as in take off mode and then full as in landing.
Settings
flaperon act ail1 l+100 r+100 ail2 l-100 r-100 flp2 +100 flp1+100

airbrake on rate ail1 +50 elev 0 flap+50 ail2 +50 delay 0 mode manual

sw selecta.brk-sw C posi UP

Aux channel ch5 swb ch6 swc ch7 swc

When I assigned ch7 to VR-D I could move the left slider fully and get just down flaps, no airbrake.

In the simulator I have Ail1 ch1 Ail2 ch6 flap1 ch7 flap2 ch7

Maybe this will do something for you. I find this very confusing and I spent my life programming and managing projects.
Hope this either works or triggers a light bulb!
Old 04-07-2008, 11:09 AM   #3
DO335
RCC Pro Contributor

I am: Cheshire C

Total Props: 6
Futaba 9C set up

I had the same problem last year when migrating from my Futaba 7C in a plane where I was using flapperons. The owner's manual was useless.

Bottom line was that it was so confusing that I called Futaba to ask them how to do it. They made it even more complicated. I just went back to the 7C which was already set up.

However, I do recall that the Futaba guy said that it required something called a program mix, whatever that is. And then he went through this big, long, complicated explanation about what to do. Unfortunately, Futaba had returned my call and when and where I was, I had nothing to write with or on, which I explained to the guy. Then he kept asking that I take the transmitter and go through the steps he was listing. Well, I had no way to write and did not have the transmitter with me. This didn't matter to him, he just babbled on.

Anyway, in addition to being needlessly complicated, his explanation did not make any logical sense to me. So I didn't understand what he was doing or why. With no understanding, you won't learn squat.

I would suggest that you give Futaba a call and be prepared if they call you back, to make notes or record the conversation if notes are not possible. Then you can slow down and figure out what is going on and actually learn what to do.
DO335 is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 04-07-2008, 12:44 PM   #4
voyager_663rd
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Len, an RPAS pilot

Total Props: 20
Is this of any help to you?

http://www.stoneridgetech.com/rc/f9c-spreadsheet.shtml
voyager_663rd is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-09-2008, 07:29 AM   #5
2thelmt
RCC Senior Contributor

I am: ID

Total Props: 0
Kool link Len...Seems you have more answers than questions

The 9C is soo sweet to use, the manual sucks! I play with the settings till it works...lol but this link will truely help me save time.
Old 04-09-2008, 05:07 PM   #6
voyager_663rd
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Len, an RPAS pilot

Total Props: 20
Well, I am very pleased about that Ian! I'm not too bad at googling stuff.

I'm sure you'll be able to return the favour in other ways !!
voyager_663rd is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in