Founders Fair (Buskers) July 11-13 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Car & Truck discussion General Discussion about R/C topics

Closed Thread

Old 04-30-2008, 07:57 AM   #1
imported_cancruiser
RCC Contributor

Total Props: 0
Founders Fair (Buskers) July 11-13

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
I have been contacted by the Founders Fair commitee. They have asked if we (Dufferin R/C) would like to have a space on Broadway for the weekend to promote the club and hold demonstrations throughout the weekend.

This will be a great oppertunity for us to grow our club and bring awareness to the community with our hobby. I have been asked where on broadway do we want to be andhow much space do we require.

I would like to see some onroad and offroad vehicles of all scales out for this. We can bring some ramps to show some of the jumps that are are capable of. Anyone with Heli's would be welcomed out as well. While planes can be displayed, I doubt it possible to actually fly them.

If you are interested in participating, please let me know and I can provide more details as they come available.
Losi XXX-T Brushless
Tamiya 2 x M03s / DF-02 Rising Storm
HPI Savage X / 2 x MT2 SS
Traxxas E-Maxx Brushless / Slash
Blade MCX / CX / CP+
Proboat Shockwave 26

http://www.dufferinrc.com
imported_cancruiser is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 06-02-2008, 03:40 PM   #2
josh hyper7
RCC Contributor

Iam there....

If we could be up near 1st i think that would be good,i dont know if we can get away with any jumping,if we use a small ramp and take it easy maybe.Let me know.I will come early and help set-up.
josh hyper7 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 06-03-2008, 11:08 PM   #3
Chalkline

I'll be there... work permitting... argh have to go back on the 2nd...lol well if I'm not there my toys will be... I'm sure my son will love to show off...
Chalkline is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 07-07-2008, 10:19 PM   #4
imported_cancruiser
RCC Contributor

Here are the details for the Founders Fair....

Just to let you know, you can set up your table and canopy on the street against the curb in front of Pirie & Brugess (81 Broadway) that way you can run the cars and such when you see fit. I would like you to do demonstrations at the following times and locations if possible though as well,

Friday, July 11th/08 –

1. on the ground in front of the Broadway Grande Main Stage (in front of Town Hall – 6pm – 6:45

2. intersection of Broadway at Mill Street from 8:30-9:30pm

Saturday, July 12th/08 –

1. 10:00 am at Wellington just in front of your booth space in the middle of the street

2. 12:00 pm at Wellington just in front of your booth space in the middle of the street

And any other time you see space or if you want to wander throughout the event. The schedule is on our website www.discoverbroadway.ca and will be in both local papers this week.

I look forward to meeting you and seeing your group in action!
Losi XXX-T Brushless
Blade MCX / CX / CP+
Proboat Shockwave 26

Old 07-07-2008, 10:23 PM   #5
imported_cancruiser
RCC Contributor

This is an invite for those in the community who would like to participate to contact me through a PM. If you have something unique that you would like to show off please let me know and we can see if we can fit you in to one of our demo sessions.

Thanks
Losi XXX-T Brushless
Blade MCX / CX / CP+
Proboat Shockwave 26

Old 07-11-2008, 11:12 AM   #6
Foggy
RCC Noob

I am: John B
Radio of choice:
Spektrum
# of RCs: 8

Thumbs up All packed!

Hey Kurt.

I'm packed and ready to go! This fair should be an excellent oportunity to promote the hobby.

Also bringing a new truck which I am hoping will be our new "SPEC" class.

Should be fun, see you there!

John (Foggy)
Foggy is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-12-2008, 12:00 AM   #7
imported_cancruiser
RCC Contributor

What a first day at the Fair!!

Started off with the Tamiya Mini racing.....was fun for us but not much for the visitors of the fair.

The Helicopters got small crowds of people watching and pointing....

Then out came the trucks.....

150 plus people gathered around our launch area around our 1/4 pipe ramp. All having a good time and watching in amazement as our monster trucks , truggys and buggys get serious air of the ramp. Cheering even more when there were BIG wipe outs.

One Traxxas truck broke right in two. A Losi 8ight buggy broke an engine mount I think. My savage body is now well beyond repair and I had two shocks. The exhaust kept coming off at the boot but no big deal, pop it back on and continue on.

We're there from 10am till 10pm tomorrow....Doing it all again. If you are anywhere in the Orangeville area on Saturday, stop by and say hi.....or beat on your truck on the 1/4 pipe.

Pics to follow......
Losi XXX-T Brushless
Blade MCX / CX / CP+
Proboat Shockwave 26

Old 07-13-2008, 09:21 AM   #8
josh hyper7
RCC Contributor

Two blowen motor's

Well what can i say "GO BIG OR GO HOME" right ??? Friday night we were having fun showing off on the half pipe jumping higher and higher and the crowd was going wild so i thought a back flip was in order. 30 feet up , it was a beautiful back flip , i landed it perfect but the motor stopped. The poor losi eight split the motor at both mounting tabs it was done. But we got some awesome pics. So the next morning i went to my LHS and got a axial .32 to put in the buggy so i could give another show. I worked hard and got it broke in and started putting on a good show.But when we got out the half pipe i just had to try it again "CAN WE SAY BAD IDEA" i broke the axial motor same spot so let this be a lesson too all ...Pavement is a bad place to jump........BUT IT SURE WAS FUN ....... I will be sure to have the high flying buggy ready for the orangeville fall fair. I hope to see everyone there.
josh hyper7 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in