spektrum bx / 5Blade rotor Heli - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Heli Discussion Discuss general topics on rotary wing aircraft, including construction, Servo's, Gryo's and Stabilizer discussions. Heli Pro Shop

Old 10-10-2014, 10:36 AM   #1
rc1966mike
RCC Noob

I am: mike
Radio of choice:
Dx-8
# of RCs: 3

Total Props: 0
spektrum bx / 5Blade rotor Heli

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
i Have a Century Hawk /MD 500e - 600size frame . My problem is I am not sure how to do cyclic setup on the
(Ar7200), Setting up a 2 Bladed and the more blades am I making this out to be larger than it is This being that I see % Blds move at different ways and times I am not sure where to start .
rc1966mike is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 10-10-2014, 12:03 PM   #2
Phil Noel
RCC Expert Contributor

I am: Phil N.
Radio of choice:
Futaba 14MZ
# of RCs: 15+

Total Props: 11
Re: spektrum bx / 5Blade rotor Heli

Quote:
Originally Posted by rc1966mike View Post
i Have a Century Hawk /MD 500e - 600size frame . My problem is I am not sure how to do cyclic setup on the
(Ar7200), Setting up a 2 Bladed and the more blades am I making this out to be larger than it is This being that I see % Blds move at different ways and times I am not sure where to start .
The Hawk mechanics are an mCCPM (mechanical Collective/Cyclic Mixing) mechanics not an eCCPM (electronic CCPM) mechanics. I am not familiar with the AR7200 RX/FBL unit so I cannot give you particulars, but first question would be if the AR7200 system can work with an mCCPM system as many FBL systems can but some cannot.

If it can, then just select that system in the set-up and the rest will be much like a two blade system.
Old 10-12-2014, 01:39 AM   #3
rc1966mike
RCC Noob

Radio of choice:
Dx-8

does any one kjnow if the AR7200 bx is able to work on a mCCMP heli I am using a 5 blade main rotor on a Century Hawk - 600 size i also have a Beast x I could use if that is able to work on my heli

Old 10-15-2014, 02:09 PM   #4
Phil Noel
RCC Expert Contributor

Radio of choice:
Futaba 14MZ

I just googled the BeastX manual (I understand that the AR7200 uses the BeastX protocols) and it clearly shows that it can work with an mCCPM control system. See page 13.

http://www.beastx.com/download/manua...T_3.0.3_EN.pdf

Is there not any instructions in your AR7200X relative to hooking and setting this up?

Is your receiver an AR7200X or an AR7200BX?

Googling the AR7200X brought me to a link to the manual for the AR7200BX which shows it also does the mechanical mCCPM systems. See page 6 here:

http://www.bladehelis.com/ProdInfo/F...-Manual_EN.pdf

Last edited by Phil Noel; 10-15-2014 at 02:16 PM.
Phil Noel is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-20-2014, 05:55 AM   #5
rc1966mike
RCC Noob

Radio of choice:
Dx-8

yes i have looked at the AR7200 Bx specs and it is good for eCCMP setup , I am hot sure as to which blade i am starting with , as a couple blade move and different servos have the different effects with beach of the blades
\
Old 10-20-2014, 09:45 AM   #6
Keyrigger
RCC Pro Contributor

I am: Don I.
Radio of choice:
Spektrum iX-20 and iX-12

Total Props: 46

Hi Mike:

Whether the system is electronic or mechanical, the head needs to be phased before you get too far. I am fairly sure that there is no electronic adjustment for the blade phasing and that is where you need to begin. If you have a Plug N Play head, you need only set the AR7200BX up for mCCPM mixing and away you go. There is no phasing adjustment needed.

For a head that is not Plug N Play, you need to set a master blade (mark it and not the others) and place it directly over the boom. A swash driver is part of a standard multi-blade head and that is what you adjust to get the phasing correct. You will most likely need to set your swash up as a 90 degree Normal servo setup as it is the only setup that does not combine the blade pitch servo with the aileron and elevator servos to operate the swash for the pitch and roll axis. As you have the blade directly over the boom, when you push forward on the cyclic stick, the blade should not move up or down. If it does, then you need to swing the swash driver one direction or the other until the blade remains motionless.

You will find that you need to lengthen or shorten your links to the blade grips depending on how you wish to setup your pitch curve for flight. In most cases, a large number of scale pilots do not use the zero pitch at mid-stick setup of 3D pilots and tend to set their swash so that at hover, the links to the swash from the servos have the servo arms level to the ground and the links to the blade grips have the blades at 5 degrees pitch.

In the manual, they mention that if your swash setup is not there (mechanical three servo setup), you will need the USB adaptor to use the software to define your swash setup according to the helicopter requirements. That I have never done and you might want to look for someone that has done it through another forum if no one here has done so. This is about the limit of the help I can provide and I hope you get it sorted. If so, let us know. Take care.

Don
Keyrigger is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-20-2014, 07:52 PM   #7
Phil Noel
RCC Expert Contributor

Radio of choice:
Futaba 14MZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by rc1966mike View Post
yes i have looked at the AR7200 Bx specs and it is good for eCCMP setup , I am hot sure as to which blade i am starting with , as a couple blade move and different servos have the different effects with beach of the blades
\
Yes it is good for an eCCPM set up. What you have is a mechanical CCPM mechanic. So you must use the "mechanical" selection as shown on page 6.

Also with your 5 blade head, you may want to so a phasing check as described by Don.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in