MT support - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Offroad RC Discussion RC Offroad chat for truggies, buggies, short-course and more. Topics may include brands like Associated, Kyosho, Tamiya, Axial, Traxxas and more.

Closed Thread

Old 06-15-2005, 06:42 AM   #1
jaxon

Total Props: 0
Question MT support

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
I'm new to the whole nitro thing and i wanna get a truck, and i think my decision is going to have to be based on which truck is best supported by the hobby shops in toronto.

My question is which hobby shops carry parts for which monster truck. Or which trucks are most supported.

my two closest hobby shops are johns and hobby home.

thanks

p.s. is the lst really as bad as people make is sound
jaxon is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 06-15-2005, 07:17 AM   #2
imported_PB

Your best bet is to go to both shops and take a look at whats on the wall. Chance's are you'll answer your own question as to the vehicles that are well supported. However, the Savage line of trucks as well as the Maxx/Revo are well supported in the GTA as they are the most popular. As for the LST, I know hobby home's got a bunch of parts, as I'm sure a lot of places do. So I would say you'd be fine getting one of the three...

As for the LST in terms of durability, it's got it's weakspots (like all vehicles) but with a few upgrades (notably, the RPM arms) it's a great truck. Plus you get an amazing radio system and a powerful engine already included.

PB
imported_PB is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 06-15-2005, 07:32 AM   #3
Abiye
RCC Pro Contributor

I am: joe blow

both johns and hobby home carry parts for the lst, savage, revo and tmaxx... if i had to say which one of these has the biggest parts support i would lean towards the savage... i've never had to order a part, they've always had it in stock

Old 06-15-2005, 08:01 AM   #4
MountainCat

I live way up in the NWT and purchased my first MT over a year ago in Vancouver while on a visit. At that time I was very new to the hobby having never researched it at all till after I made my purchase. Having a back ground in mechanics help in my decision making but I ultimately went with the Savage. It had a strong look about it. Shortly after my decision a guy came in while we were wrapping up the deal.... he helped me out in the spare parts department on thins he was familiar with breaking.... spur gears, c hubs, steering knucles etc. it was a great help. Althiugh I used up my steering knuckles in short time I still have most of the other parts in my pit box.

I think another thing you need to ask yourself is what kind of driving do you want to do. Up here we dont have any tracks so I just strictly bash.... something to consider

Good Luck with your decision

MC
MountainCat is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 06-15-2005, 12:18 PM   #5
spond
Alumni Mod

I am: Scott P

MountainCat hit the nail.. If you are a basher.. savage.. if you are a racer.. revo/lst/tnx

I have a savage, as do many many people here on the forum.. there is great support in the GTA for it, plus a huge knowledge base.

Next would be the revo.. gret track truck, but untill we develope another track in the area.. ... ...

If you are a road driver only.. then any truck will do.. but for bashing-- savage, racing-- rev, both- lst, savage...
TTR S3 - Rossi M21 (on side lines all summer)
TTR ST-1 with LSK OMG..
Savage Racer -
spond is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 06-15-2005, 03:33 PM   #6
imported_VIPER
RCC Master Contributor

I am: Jun
Radio of choice:
Fly Sky GT3B and TH9X
# of RCs: 22

I love the Savage from its very begining as it was always a truck that you could jump off a house out of the box considering you land on all 4 wheels and it will survive with no breakage. Having said that, I live in a condo so that won't do that's why I bought an LST.

For the money, great radio, cheap replacement parts stock or hop-ups, 4 forward gears (2Hi or 2LO), and 2 reverse. With a little mod it can jump as high as a Savage.

Oh yeah out of the box the LST wheelies and is faster than any of the Savage series.

Just my .02 cents
http://globalservices.globalhobby.com/globalforum/viewtopic.php?p=15362#15362[/url]
imported_VIPER is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 06-15-2005, 04:09 PM   #7
Abiye
RCC Pro Contributor

I am: joe blow

lst is a great truck for sure it comes with a better motor and a better radio than the savage... but with the same amount of money you can get the savage 4.6 (550) and add on the jr xs3 (200)...
Old 06-15-2005, 09:54 PM   #8
jaxon

thanks for the help then,

i'm now torn between an LST and savage
jaxon is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in