RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Car & Truck discussion General Discussion about R/C topics

Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2010, 08:06 AM   #21
Michael_Lambert
RCC Master Contributor

I am: Mike L

Total Props: 0

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Shotgun,

I might take you up on that. My brother is rather impatient and well i kind of lost it on him today as i told him to give me everything the guy gave him and i would do what i can. Well i gave it back to him today as he does not want to spend the money on new gas and feels the fuel he got is fine.. lol Knows nothing about this stuff. And honesty i am not going to spend $30 on fuel for him if he is going to sit so tight on his walet!

So i told him if he wants me to look at it again, i will but i need it for a week no questions asked, no calling me every 10 mins asking if its done, I will be able to spend what i need to get it working and he will not get it back till the cash hits my hands ( Yes he is horrible with paying people)

If I am not mistaken he is already driving every shop in town nuts calling them every 10 mins asking questions... he would rather ask you a million quesions not knowing better and expect you to give up your time and then try and mess with it himself.. Kind of like i am doing now here But i do have some experience.
Michael_Lambert is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 02-11-2010, 09:30 AM   #22
Michael_Lambert
RCC Master Contributor

Well he has given me the OKAY... lol man i get more cooperation out of stuburn clients than i do my own Brother.

So i will be picking it up again today and have been athourised to buy New Fuel, New Glow plugs, Glow plug heater ( Tired of his crapping out 5 misn after starting and waiting 5 hours for it to charge) and new idle adjustment screw if need be.. and gastets.

So hopefully by monday i will be buying him new parts after wrapping it around a tree
Old 02-11-2010, 08:55 PM   #23
Michael_Lambert
RCC Master Contributor

Okay!

So new gas is in and i can get it to fire, and idle... the car creeps but stalls out as soon as i touch the gas. Now that would tell me its running Lean? However i have it setup to be totally stock break in mode.

WHich is the throtle ( Carb ) so its just about 1mm open, when i apply the breaks the carb does not close. And the high and low dials are flush with the housings. So if anything it should be running rich!!!!!!

I am at a loss here!

Old 02-11-2010, 11:16 PM   #24
big_bg
RCC Apprentice

It can stall running rich as well lean it out 2 hours on the top and see what it does, if it's flush and the engine has been run for many gallons before it is likely to rich. With the plug in and the engine not running try to turn the engine over it it goes past Top Dead Centre without any resistence then the engine needs a new piston and sleeve and will never run properly, if there's still compression then it's a tuning issue so play with the lw speed and high speed needles. Also make sure the clutch is okay if the idele is to low and the clutch engages then that can also cause the engine to stall.
Old 02-12-2010, 07:15 AM   #25
Michael_Lambert
RCC Master Contributor

I can turn the engine with the plug in and it dose have some resistance, I can also flood it and it gets stuck for a second. I will shot some video this weekend with audio to give an idea of what it sounds like.

Its a busy weekend for me shooting a wedding tomorrow and then a hockey tourny on sunday... So i am hoping to get some time to work on it sunday.
Old 02-14-2010, 06:42 PM   #26
Michael_Lambert
RCC Master Contributor

Well i got the thing running and working

My garage is cooler and such... So reading some suggested warming the motor up.. So i used my heat gun and warmed up the motor so it was nice and warm to the touch.. Then plugged in the glow heater and it would fire right up. Issues keeping it running through.. SO did some more reading and such and decided to swap out the Recivers.. just seemed to not respond like i wanted... Well then it fired up and stayed running..

Just finished running two tanks through the thing up and down my street... Little smoke coming out of the engine while idle and a puff with a small stream when running high speed

I can no gun it from a dead stop and not stall, i can lock on the brakes and no stall, and i can pull it in let it idle while i top up the fuel with out it stalling!
Old 02-15-2010, 04:53 PM   #27
Michael_Lambert
RCC Master Contributor

hey guys,

does this look and sound right?

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in