RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Flight Simulators Discuss flight sims.

Closed Thread

Old 03-10-2010, 06:32 PM   #1
fobio
RCC Apprentice

Total Props: 0
Help Me Someone Real Flight G5

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Hey Guys I Need Help On Adding Add-ons For The G5 From Knifeedge Site, I Already Have The Add-on 1,2,3,4,5 But Now I Want To Add Single Planes And Heli Like I Want To Add A 747 And T-rex 450 Se But It Doesn't Work I Dl It And Extract It To My Gflight/data But Doesn't Work Can Anybody Help Me With My Problem..
fobio is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 03-10-2010, 09:13 PM   #2
Shawn68z
RCC Apprentice

Re: Help Me Someone Real Flight G5

You can Import the plane through the Simulation menu -> Import -> Realflight Archive. The Open File browser pops up, you point to the. Zip file you downloaded, and it will be imported.

Cheers,
Shawn.
Shawn68z is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-10-2010, 10:35 PM   #3
fobio
RCC Apprentice

I did it but i can't seem to find the plane......
is there something im doing wrong i did what u told me it said it imported already but i can't find it..

Old 03-11-2010, 06:43 AM   #4
Real Gambler
RCC Contributor

I am: Real D

I think you're simply downloading planes with an extension like: Boeing747.CS

The CS stand for Color Scheme... It's only a different Color version of another existing plane. If you don't have the existing plane already in your library, then, the CS file will not work. Most people build CS files from existing airplanes from original G5 library, or packs, but sure enough, not the Boeing or even the TRex. So you need a full version of those planes first before you can use a CS on them.

So start by downloading any planes with an EA extension. (EA stand for Entire Airplane). So look for something simple like: AnyAirplaneYouLike.EA Then, as stated above, import that file from RealFlight and it should work. (AnyAirplaneYouLike is nor a real plane, pick one you like, as long as extension is EA)

After that, go back to the original airplanes (or heli) you're trying to work with. In the KnifeEdge swap documentation for those planes, they likely tell you (they don't always do), that you need a specific airplane for that CS file to work...

So, basically, for your Boeing, there's likely another Boeing somewhere with a name like: Boeing767.EA Download that file, import it into RealFlight, and now, it should work and you will get the original version (whatever color, company logo, etc, that the original author wanted), and you will also get the CS variant... (Sometime, it's only the airplane company logo that is changed)

Good luck

PS: The TRex450 is probably the worst one to find... There's a few full Heli file (also with EA extension), but there's tons and tons of CS files because people simply modify the canopy color to match their real TRex paint job. So, you have to find the full EA file first, then you will be able to enjoy pretty much any canopy color you like. Sadly, finding the right EA file in a sea of CS file is not always easy

PPS: Let say now you have a AirCanada CS version of your Boeing... When you look for it, you will have to load the original Boeing airplane, and then use the Color button before your select FLY, to select the AirCanada color scheme.

Last edited by Real Gambler; 03-11-2010 at 06:54 AM.
Real Gambler is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-11-2010, 06:08 PM   #5
fobio
RCC Apprentice

Thank you so much...
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in