Unionville Norseman Build - Page 20 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Float Planes Discuss float planes here...or any other aircraft that floats.

Old 06-22-2010, 05:56 PM   #191
wymbly1971
RCC Master Contributor

I am: Trevor B
Radio of choice:
Taranis X9E
# of RCs: 28?

Total Props: 4
Re: Unionville Norseman Build

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Hey Bill,

Yeah, thanks for that....it rained all weekend here No matter, me and the kidlets had fun anyway.

Actually I am shooting to attend Bonny Bay. You guys always look like you're having too much fun. Fingers crossed but hopefully I can bring my hat and Dirty Rotten Dog will show up with some floats on

You still allow 72Mhz?

Are you coming down for our July Fun Fly?

Trev
MAAC #77168
Director - Lakehead Aeromodellers

Gravity doesn't Discriminate
wymbly1971 is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 07-14-2010, 09:48 AM   #192
canadianf1pilot
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Bill Brisson
Radio of choice:
JR and Spectrum
# of RCs: 40+

Total Props: 6

Hi Trev, you missed a good fun fly here in Dryden, and I am all packed to go to Rainy River this weekend, and I hope to get to T Bay for the fun fly there in 2 weeks, but not positive yet.

Our Float fly is coming yo fast, Aug 7-8 and then I'm off to Gimli!

We still fly 72 Mhz all the time, so if we were to ban it there wouldn't be a lot of planes flying around here, so don't worry.

see you soon...

Bill
canadianf1pilot is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-22-2012, 10:04 AM   #193
BrooklinsFinest
RCC Noob

I am: James S
Radio of choice:
Spektrum
# of RCs: 3

Total Props: 0

Hey guys, I really enjoyed reading this thread. I'm new to "scratch" building and R/C planes, but have always had cars, trucks, buggies, ect.

I stumbled upon this thread while looking for a Norseman kit to build over the winter, and was pleased to see how very well written it was, and I thank you for taking the time to blog your build.

What I found was a great trip down memory lane. My father grew up in Balmertown, and as a child I spent every summer in Red Lake Ontario with my parents and many family members that still live there. Most of them still work at Campbell mines to this day. I have attended many Norseman Day festivals, and this is the reason I want to build this model.

Although I haven't been to Red Lake in many years, my wife and I are planning a trip up there in the coming years to visit some relatives, and of course, re living the Norseman festival.

I also found that I, like many of you have family and freinds in many of the same places, and as a boy growing up in Scarborough Ontario in the early 90's, Its hard for me to realize that people out there even know such places exist.

My Grandparents were originally from Gimli Manitoba, and moved to Red Lake as my Grandfather was a blacksmith and found work at the mines, eventually they moved back to Gimli and spent their retirement there. Although they passed away a couple of years ago, it was nice to reminisce about the summers I spent both in Red Lake and in Gimli as a child, and one day hope to relive those moments with my children.

Thank you so much for the inspiration and the memories and emotions this build thread has brought me, and to all of the other posters for their input and insight, and hopefully I will get to see this beautiful plane in Red Lake one day soon

Sincerely,

James Schnerch
BrooklinsFinest is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 11-26-2012, 03:35 PM   #194
canadianf1pilot
RCC Supreme Contributor

Radio of choice:
JR and Spectrum

if your thinking of returning to Gimli, may I suggest you try to get there during Modelfest, it's the NW Ont/ Mb zone event and is a great time.

http://www.gimlimodelfest.com/

Bill
Old 12-10-2012, 08:45 PM   #195
canadianf1pilot
RCC Supreme Contributor

Radio of choice:
JR and Spectrum

waiting for updates on the thunder chicken Trev....any progress?

Bill

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in