Shout out to my LHS and horizon! - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Aircraft Discussion Discuss anything RC related

Old 09-01-2012, 02:59 AM   #1
Wheels_78
RCC Junior Contributor

I am: Cory VS
Radio of choice:
Giving the 11x a try
# of RCs: 10+

Total Props: 1
Shout out to my LHS and horizon!

I had a hard to take wreck not long ago that destroyed a whack of high end equipment, two of he things that came back as "salvagable" (in my mind) were the saito radial, and what was left of a barely used JR 9ch DSM2 receiver (couldn't even find the satellite). I didn't want to tackle the saito myself so I dropped them of at LHS to be sent to Horizon for repair.

Tonight I heard about the bill. Not only is the engine repaired and returned for literally a few tens of dollars more than I calculated parts alone would have cost me, but in discussions with them about the Saito the LHS owner got them to replace the reciever with a new DSMx 9ch free of charge! Turn around time? Around two weeks!

Thanks Holden RC Hobby Hangar, and thank you Horizon!

Patronize these small shops that offer personal service while you can guys, they're a dying breed and very few working in a chain store are worried about trying to get us a deal.
Wheels_78 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-01-2012, 08:09 AM   #2
Glenn Nigh
RCC Senior Contributor

I am: Glenn N
Radio of choice:
Spektrum
# of RCs: 10

Total Props: 9
Re: Shout out to my LHS and horizon!

I agree completely! When you need something in a hurray it can't come from China. I try to buy locally even if it costs a little more.
Glenn
Glenn Nigh is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-01-2012, 08:14 AM   #3
williame3590
Administrator
★ Site Supporter ★
★ Site Supporter ★★ Administrator ★

I am: William A
Radio of choice:
Futaba

Total Props: 116

Always nice to hear and good for you for posting it.

Bill
Old 09-01-2012, 02:37 PM   #4
stegl
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Len S
Radio of choice:
DS16 Jeti and Airtronics SD-6

Total Props: 136

I have to admit that Horizon as big as they are; do try and slavage their reputation. I had them replace a $500 arf after the glue joints let go in the engine compartment/firewall. I had a very good case for a arguement and they came through. Question ? Did they replace the airplane at all ? Just curious.
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheels_78 View Post
I had a hard to take wreck not long ago that destroyed a whack of high end equipment, two of he things that came back as "salvagable" (in my mind) were the saito radial, and what was left of a barely used JR 9ch DSM2 receiver (couldn't even find the satellite). I didn't want to tackle the saito myself so I dropped them of at LHS to be sent to Horizon for repair.

Tonight I heard about the bill. Not only is the engine repaired and returned for literally a few tens of dollars more than I calculated parts alone would have cost me, but in discussions with them about the Saito the LHS owner got them to replace the reciever with a new DSMx 9ch free of charge! Turn around time? Around two weeks!

Thanks Holden RC Hobby Hangar, and thank you Horizon!

Patronize these small shops that offer personal service while you can guys, they're a dying breed and very few working in a chain store are worried about trying to get us a deal.
stegl is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-01-2012, 04:19 PM   #5
Wheels_78
RCC Junior Contributor

I am: Cory VS
Radio of choice:
Giving the 11x a try
# of RCs: 10+

Total Props: 1

Airplane was not a horizon product and the crash was due to a folded wing tube. Can't point the finger at them for this one . Every issue I've had with horizon product has been taken care of quickly and professionally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stegl View Post
I have to admit that Horizon as big as they are; do try and slavage their reputation. I had them replace a $500 arf after the glue joints let go in the engine compartment/firewall. I had a very good case for a arguement and they came through. Question ? Did they replace the airplane at all ? Just curious.
Thanks
Wheels_78 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-01-2012, 06:51 PM   #6
stegl
RCC Supreme Contributor

Radio of choice:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheels_78 View Post
Airplane was not a horizon product and the crash was due to a folded wing tube. Can't point the finger at them for this one . Every issue I've had with horizon product has been taken care of quickly and professionally.
If I recall there no mention of how your crash happened or who put out the aircraft so All I was doing was saying what Horizon did for me as you said what they did for you regarding your engine repairs. Although I did have to present a case which they did resolve to my satisfaction and I was giving them a thumbs up for coming through; thats all .
Old 09-01-2012, 07:28 PM   #7
madnesss
!!! CONFIRM YOUR ACCOUNT !!!

I am: steve m

Total Props: 0

Horizon sent me a new esc for my IMPULSE 31 after it just quit, I took it into my LHS and they got a hold of Horizon and they sent a new replacement.
madnesss is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-01-2012, 08:19 PM   #8
stegl
RCC Supreme Contributor

Radio of choice:

Yes that is service; real "plane" and simple.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in