EG Aircraft, which one for dedicated IMAC. - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
ARF / ARC Aircraft Discuss anything and everything ARF or ARC related.

Old 11-09-2010, 01:27 PM   #1
OTTERTOK
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Edward O
Radio of choice:
JR & Futaba
# of RCs: 5

Total Props: 0
EG Aircraft, which one for dedicated IMAC.

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Ok this question is for the IMAC fliers, If you had to choose from one of these EG Aircraft planes in the 50cc size for IMAC flying only which one would it be the Slick 540, MXS-R or the Raven. I'm thinking of getting one seein's I can drive to Great Hobbies PEI and get one.

http://www.egaircraft.com/news_detail.php?id=10

Last edited by OTTERTOK; 11-10-2010 at 04:03 PM.
OTTERTOK is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 11-09-2010, 03:23 PM   #2
Redbaron
RCC Master Contributor

I am: Charles

Total Props: 18
Re: EG Aircraft

Hi ED the MSX-R in the yellow & blue Matt Hall scheme is a beautiful aircraft, & the quality of these ARF's is excelent. I had the MX-2 but Terry has it now, built it & it flies great on electric power. To avoid having the same aircraft as Terry I bought a Pilot 50cc Sbach & will have it in the air next spring under electric power also. I think any one of these aircraft whichever you choose will keep a smile on your face & the build time is very low & easy to manage. Hope to see you at the IMAC events next summer Ed with one of those birds,& I suspect it will be electric.
MAAC #19504
"Take Off Eh!"
Redbaron is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-09-2010, 03:54 PM   #3
OTTERTOK
RCC Supreme Contributor

Radio of choice:
JR & Futaba

Re: EG Aircraft

Thanks for your input Charles and your right they are all nice and I'd love to have one of each but I have to pick the best flier. You will definitely see me at every event(if I'm not working) and the plane will be sporting a Hacker A80-10 or maybe a Plettenberg Terminator 30-8, haven't decided yet.

Last edited by OTTERTOK; 11-09-2010 at 04:34 PM.
Old 11-09-2010, 05:40 PM   #4
VA6WGO
RCC Senior Contributor

I am: Will
Radio of choice:
Futaba 32MZ

Total Props: 15
Re: EG Aircraft, which one for dedicated IMAC.

If is the Slick 540 designed by Andrew Jesky, I think that would be a good plane for IMAC in the 50cc range.

Cheers,

Will
Falcon Props
VA6WGO is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-09-2010, 07:39 PM   #5
Slats!
RCC Contributor

I am: Slats

Total Props: 6

I think Andrew Jesky only designs for 3DHS. Maybe too light for IMAC if it was.
Slats! is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-10-2010, 07:55 AM   #6
aceplant00
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Todd M
Radio of choice:
Hitec Aurora 9
# of RCs: 10

Total Props: 7

There were lots of larger planes on 3DHS's Website. 70-106" WS specifically setup as gas planes.
aceplant00 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-10-2010, 08:20 AM   #7
Mike Sebastien
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Mike s

Total Props: 34

The mid wing Extra 300 would be my choice. With the wing in the middle of the fuse you have less coupling.

Hmmmmmm Electric powered????? I'm not sure I would go down that road yet. I haven't seen a airplane fly here in the Maritimes that was electric powered that I would fly competitively. If you look elsewhere there isn't anybody else out that is doing well with a electrified aircraft. I'm sure they have the power but do they have the duration? Remember you have to fly 2 sequences per flights in SA
Mike Sebastien is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-10-2010, 12:45 PM   #8
OTTERTOK
RCC Supreme Contributor

Radio of choice:
JR & Futaba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Sebastien View Post
The mid wing Extra 300 would be my choice. With the wing in the middle of the fuse you have less coupling.

Hmmmmmm Electric powered????? I'm not sure I would go down that road yet. I haven't seen a airplane fly here in the Maritimes that was electric powered that I would fly competitively. If you look elsewhere there isn't anybody else out that is doing well with a electrified aircraft. I'm sure they have the power but do they have the duration? Remember you have to fly 2 sequences per flights in SA
Well if Extreme Flight planes were available here I'd buy the 78" electric version Extra 300 as it would be easier to power with electrics and get the duration time needed. I may order one if the shipping and border costs aren't to much but they usually are driving the price up so high a person may as well just buy a 50cc size plane here. I've read a lot of threads about 35% planes and IMAC and it's very doable but costly that's why I'm stepping it down to a 30% plane.

Mike, is the Raven a mid wing plane?

http://www.extremeflightrc.com/html/78extra.html

Last edited by OTTERTOK; 11-10-2010 at 01:46 PM.
Old 11-10-2010, 01:47 PM   #9
Slats!
RCC Contributor

I am: Slats

Total Props: 6

Well the 50cc Extreme Flight Extra was my dream plane for IMAC last year but shipping was about 190 bucks to a business. That would put the cost of the 50 cc at 850 just for the airframe, couldn't justify it although sometimes I wish I did.

With that said I am getting a smaller EF and they will ship USPS. I think 70 inches is kinda the limit for that but allot of US shops have made shipping a little more reasonible (eg EF and 3DHS). For the larger ones though the only way is to pick it up accross the border.

Here is an electric edge you should get though...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFJSwyX0DZE
Slats! is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-10-2010, 01:53 PM   #10
super_nova
RCC Junior Contributor

I am: Jason R.

I ordered the 78" EF Extra back in February this year. They ship with DB Schenker and it was around $80 shipped to the nearest international airport. I cleared customs myself and paid another $60ish if I remember correctly on taxes.

Its a great flying airframe, I had it setup with a DLE 30 and it got me through Basic this year. However, next season I want to move up to Sportsman and want something with a bit more power and larger. So I'm planning to sell the 78" Extra as soon as I get around to posting an ad. I'll be going with a larger 35% airframe, hopefully the 103" Extra from 3DHobbyShop and electric power. There are definitely a few people flying this size in electric, more so in the States than up here. But a few around Canada as well. Its definitely doable, just not mainstream yet.

FYI 3D Hobby Shops has told me they also ship their larger planes with DB Schenker to an international airport for pickup. I'm in the process now of getting a quote from them on the 103".

Jason

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in