Credit when it is due. - Page 5 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Aircraft Discussion Discuss anything RC related

Closed Thread

Old 01-31-2005, 09:25 PM   #41
Ed Smith

Total Props: 0

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
And to think, this whole nonsense started off with somebody complimenting MAAC for what a great job they are doing!

Next time anybody feels a compliment coming on, keep it to yourself!

Ed S
  Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 01-31-2005, 09:27 PM   #42
ronm
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Ronm
Radio of choice:
Futaba
# of RCs: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Smith
And to think, this whole nonsense started off with somebody complimenting MAAC for what a great job they are doing!

Next time anybody feels a compliment coming on, keep it to yourself!

Ed S
!!!

Flying Tigers RC Club
"Flying an airplane is just like riding a bike...except it's harder to put cards in the spokes"
ronm is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-31-2005, 09:40 PM   #43
Gary Maker
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Gary M.
Radio of choice:
Spektrum DX8
# of RCs: 9

Total Props: 9
Even though I said I was finished, I had to reply once more to you ED! Love it!

You know, the more I hear from you Ed, the more I see you really do have a good sense of humor my friend! Ok ok, I promise to stop saying "Ed the Grouch" from now on!

Stoney Creek Hawks RC
MAAC No. 43659
Gary Maker is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 01-31-2005, 09:59 PM   #44
jamesbissonjr
RCC Master Contributor

I am: James B

Total Props: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideslip
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin McGrath
I renewed on-line for three years on Jan 16/05.I got an E-mail confirmation immediately which I forwarded via E-mail to my club secretary for his records since our club membership cards aren't issued until proof of MAAC membership is shown.
Given that MAAC is proposing to raise the membership dues to $75.00 I would have to agree that it is a very good idea to renew for three years now at the current rate.

However, I am surprised that members of the Executive, who came up with the fee increase motion, would exercise the 3 year option to avoid paying it.

You have every right to do so of course, but it makes it seem like you don't agree with the necessity of your own motion.

Unfortunately, in the end, it will be those members who can't afford a 3 year membership that will end up footing the bill on any fee increase
Quote:
Hi Kevin,

I think you read a little too much in to my comment. I acknowledged that you have the right to take advantage of the three year option to avoid paying the fee increase, I just think it shows poor leadership ... at least to admit it anyway. I don't consider that an attack or even an insult, just a personal observation.
How is this not a direct attack to Kevin's first post? I too think you owe him an apology as your opinion was a direct attack on his comment. Referring to the second quote, could you please show me where in his first post in the thread, does he 'admit' to paying for 3 years specifically to avoid paying the increase in dues? From what I read, he basically was commenting on the swift accurate response he got from MAAC regarding his renewal of membership, which was followed by many other members saying the same, including myself. You sir are the one that turned this into an issue of the executives renewing for 3 years so as not to pay the proposed increase, therefore leaving 'the little guys' footing 'the bill'.

I personally have an opinion and it is that you are out of line and DO owe Kevin an apology.
Quote:
In the end, this is just MY opinion.

Bisson Custom Mufflers
jamesbissonjr is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-01-2005, 12:14 AM   #45

Total Props: 57
Re: Credit when it is due.

Dave in our past conversations you have been very adamant about resisting an increase in MAAC dues. You have your reasons and I understand them to some extent though I might not necessarily agree with them. THESE ARE YOUR PERSONAL OPINIONS!

However when you state

Quote:

However, I am surprised that members of the Executive, who came up with the fee increase motion, would exercise the 3 year option to avoid paying it.
This is no longer your personal opinion but a thinly veiled accusation on your part.

Dave has it occurred to you that you have given no consideration that by past practice these same people may have bought into 3 year memberships for some time and their renewal had nothing to do with what you are insinuating.

Dave you like to play with words and are very adept at it. When you put your words together you know exactly what you wish to convey. It certainly sounds like a cheap shot at both Kevin and the executive to me.

Dave you are insinuating that these executive members are manipulating this dues increase to gain what, a one time monetary windfall of what 50 or 75 dollars over 3 years? Even for you I think this is a real stretch.

I think you need to rethink your words because you are out of line here and that is my opinion. I also think an apology would be appropriate.

Dennis Pratt
Guest is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-01-2005, 08:13 AM   #46
Ed Smith

Gary Posted:-

Quote:
You know, the more I hear from you Ed, the more I see you really do have a good sense of humor my friend! Ok ok, I promise to stop saying "Ed the Grouch" from now on
Er, do not be too hasty. when people start to like me I have to take measures to rectify that!

Ed S
  Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-01-2005, 08:43 AM   #47
jwattie

SUMMER

Boy "O" Boy,will I be happy when spring comes,and we all can get off puter and back too hobby
jwattie is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-01-2005, 09:42 AM   #48
Randy Brown
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Randy Brown

Total Props: 4
Re: SUMMER

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwattie
Boy "O" Boy,will I be happy when spring comes,and we all can get off puter and back too hobby
Funny you beat me to it..I was just thinking the same thing

RB
Old 02-03-2005, 12:21 AM   #49
Sideslip

Re: Credit when it is due.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Propworn

However when you state

Quote:

This is no longer your personal opinion but a thinly veiled accusation on your part.

Dennis Pratt
Hi Dennis... An accusation of what exactly? I hit send and bumped the thread before realizing I should probably just have email you... so feel free to respond by email or phone if you like. It is not my intention to perpetuate the thread.
Sideslip is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in